Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

When I went to Cracker Barrel as a kid, I would get these 100% of the time. It was also where I learned to be disappointed in ribbon candy and dots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Nooner posted:

I had an old coworker from Finland who brought back a bunch of salted black licorice after a trip home and it was the weirdest thing, I didnt really like it, but like as soon as I had finished the one she gave me I was craving another, poo poo was hosed up

It's weird right? Your first reaction is "is this a loving joke? Gross!" then you progress to "who would eat this?" and pretty soon you're like "where can I get more?!"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Das Boo posted:

When I went to Cracker Barrel as a kid, I would get these 100% of the time. It was also where I learned to be disappointed in ribbon candy and dots.

I really shouldn't mention that the link Crusty dropped earlier leads to a page where you can buy these atrocities by the 5lb bag.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't want a gummy krusty.
"I don't want a gummy" - Krusty.
"I don't want a gummy, Krusty."

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Nooner posted:

I have a bag of sour patch kids right now that I have been eating. Did they always have a blue flavor? I don't remember there ever being a blue sourpatch kid but this bag has blue ones.

Since 2014

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

literally said "what the gently caress" irl at these

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vakal posted:

All British originated candy is basically a war crime.

Just so you Brits know, this is a pretty good visual representation of how a random Yank envisions Britain during the Thatcher era.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

I'm into most kinds of salty licorice, but Salt Sild is one of my favourites.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Literally A Person posted:

I really shouldn't mention that the link Crusty dropped earlier leads to a page where you can buy these atrocities by the 5lb bag.

If there's not a huge bag of Nerds gummies, we're golden. I have a new gummi god now!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I visited my parents on Easter and my mom had a bag of this candy that I forgot existed.
BRACH’S SPICED JELLY BIRD EGGS

These things have the following flavors: wintergreen, spearmint, peppermint, cinnamon, orange spice, licorice and clove. I don’t know if these are exclusively sold as Easter candy but that is the only time I remember encountering that combination of tastes in a bag of candy. And it’s the only candy I can think of that has loving clove flavor. They’re kinda good.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ralph Hurley posted:

I visited my parents on Easter and my mom had a bag of this candy that I forgot existed.
BRACH’S SPICED JELLY BIRD EGGS

These things have the following flavors: wintergreen, spearmint, peppermint, cinnamon, orange spice, licorice and clove. I don’t know if these are exclusively sold as Easter candy but that is the only time I remember encountering that combination of tastes in a bag of candy. And it’s the only candy I can think of that has loving clove flavor. They’re kinda good.

https://www.saltirecandy.com/product/clove-rock/

Kinda nice in a burnt cinnamon sort of way.

There's also a brand of cinnamon lozenges called Ritchie's. Some shops also sell their clove version

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

WOW that brought back an intense flavor memory from childhood, except in spiced gumdrop form. I thought they were gross then (doubly so because grabbing a gumdrop expecting fruity deliciousness but getting something like clove was shocking and revolting), but I'd probably really like them now? Similarly just remembered the old-timey clove/anise/peppermint gum they'd have periodically at the local movie rental place, god that was good

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Turns out these are my crack:

bought a bag o these bc of this post and they're pretty ok, i like that it takes 17 to make a 100cal serving, usually it's like 1/4th of a single piece is a 'serving'. these guys give you 17 thats a couple mouthfuls.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
pretty much all of the haribos. i especially like the ones with the white part on the bottom of the gummi

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Canadian sour patch kids are better btw. More flavour.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pineapple is the superior flavor of gummies.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

flesh dance posted:

WOW that brought back an intense flavor memory from childhood, except in spiced gumdrop form. I thought they were gross then (doubly so because grabbing a gumdrop expecting fruity deliciousness but getting something like clove was shocking and revolting), but I'd probably really like them now? Similarly just remembered the old-timey clove/anise/peppermint gum they'd have periodically at the local movie rental place, god that was good

Oh poo poo I miss Blackjack gum, I haven't thought of that in like 20 years

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

heck yeah, I used to dig those too. Especially blackjack

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
peach rings

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have found that everything haribo makes is rad as hell, including gummi cola, the star mix, and naturally the bears

Does anyone else remember brach rocks and were they any good? Do they still have anything like them on the market?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I vaguely remember those. Did they taste like the 90s?

Also, while not the the best I think mark's and Spencer in the UK do some good Gummi sweets, especially Percy Pigs. Kind of hard to describe the flavor, just vaguely fruity and intensely sweet.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Came here to post these, hard to find in person but I think I'll order some online. Don't sleep on these!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

These are pretty good, but they're all kinda the same flavor. They're not the texture of jelly beans on the inside, it's actually gummy.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Super Waffle posted:

Came here to post these, hard to find in person but I think I'll order some online. Don't sleep on these!

The trader joe's ones are a pretty dang good substitute

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Haven't seen these posted, or this variety at least, but these are good as gently caress:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Sour patch berry is dope

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

rotinaj posted:

I have found that everything haribo makes is rad as hell, including gummi cola, the star mix, and naturally the bears

Does anyone else remember brach rocks and were they any good? Do they still have anything like them on the market?

These things reminded me of dimetapp, but somewhat crunchy.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

Yep, these are my favorite. But I ordered way too many a couple years ago and got a little burned out on them! Might be time to try again.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Lordagsgodis from IKEA, the green ones

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Waterbed Wendy posted:

If you used these as a cock ring it would look like you have a tiny set of red testicles in front of your real lads. If you were interested.

This sounds great in a Cockney accênt

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Fartington Butts posted:

These are pretty good, but they're all kinda the same flavor. They're not the texture of jelly beans on the inside, it's actually gummy.

I’ll eat these until I’m sick it I’m not careful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

flesh dance posted:

Similarly just remembered the old-timey clove/anise/peppermint gum they'd have periodically at the local movie rental place, god that was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKZzKLpNII

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Jack-Gum-20-ct/dp/B0007OVVZM

Been having it a lot lately.