Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Albanese gummy bears are pretty high quality bears.

For an every day thing you can find anywhere, surprisingly just the regular LifeSaver gummies are pretty alright. I'm sure there's better stuff out there but I can't recall any off the top of my head that are like "Oh yeah wow" right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'll tell you the WORST gummy candy: Those blue sharks with the opaque white backs.

They taste like some kind of weird, sickly gummed up fake vanilla frosting or something, they're just absolutely gross and I don't understand why the scientists keep making them

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Richter Scabies posted:

This but the rope variety

Hell yea, thick nerd ropes on the daily. I can't get enough

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ventral EggSac posted:

shoot a chunky nerd rope in my mouth right now

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Das Boo posted:

How much vodka could one absorb, and would you serve it like a sheet cake?

I don't think it would absorb any. If anything it'd melt into the vodka so you'd have lovely gummy worm flavored vodka.

If you did this with, say sourpatch kids or something of better quality, that'd probably be good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Revins posted:

Swedish fish for sure. They're one of few candies I like outside of dark chocolate and black licorice. I don't really go for sugary stuff much

Do you like salted black licorice?

I've had one variety that was fantastic, and ordered a different kind maybe a year/two ago and it almost killed me. It was pure salt and what tasted like ammonia. The LIGHTLY salted kind was pretty flippin good, however. I've been leery of attempting to find more since 'the incident' however.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

gently caress you guys y'all are ruining my carefully planned diet with this thread

I mean, they're empty calories I guess, but pretty much universally gummy candy is fat free across the board.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jaxts posted:

I've always liked Hot Lips and Bigfeet

The dating preferences thread is elsewhere

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Revins posted:

I haven't bought any for awhile but theres an aussie brand that you can find stateside that I used to buy once in awhile. haven't tried the salted variety

Wiley Wallaby is the most common australian brand that I've seen in the states but never seen a salted version.

Their normal black version is fairly good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you start making gum send me a few lbs of grape big league chew that never loses flavor tia

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

putting gummies in the fridge would just make them far less gummy.

don't put gummy in fridge.

save gummy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Armitag3 posted:

Try it. They go gummi in your mouth, not in your hands.

I myself will be cold and buried deep in this dead gay earth before I refrigerate a single gumm'ed candy.

...now if you want to talk about putting snickers, kitkats, or charleston chew candy bars into the freezer for a few hours before eating them, then we can have a happy truce.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A double-hogs head of jammies for just a lepers jig is what brung you back the whole toddle of 'em? By goll that's keen

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nut nutz

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gross

However you DID remind me my mom likes those AND she freezes them so fridge guy above has a partner in crime

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

mysterious frankie posted:

I mentioned them earlier and the thread stayed silent on the matter, so my guess is that liking them is a Downton Abbey style faux pas where everyone is mortified we even brought them up in polite company, but I don’t care; I’m going to gently caress that gummi and move to Ireland with it.

They don't make them in the states.

When we go to Canada to visit my in-laws my wife picks them up.

I've found them extremely underwhelming and bland, with poor texture.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

I will destroy any bag of allsorts within 500' of me. I LOVE ALLSORTS.

Same, but that pile looks pretty shabby. The australian ones they sell here in the states are friggin great however drat I could hold up a walgreens just to knock over an end stand of those bad boys and then take off into the night and flee across state lines in a stolen 98 Camry as 'End of the Line' by the Traveling Wilburys plays out of the 3 working speakers. Later I'll stop at a motel 6 and eat all the bags and pass out while crying, and assume the cops are still onto me, stagger out back to look for a new car to steal and fall into the river.

drat those are good licorice candies.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wendigee posted:

Haribo gummies are gummy as gently caress but I've never find a forgot besides pineapple trust I loved.

Sour patch kids, growing in the garden, sure patch kids growing in the sun buy the most important thing about a sour patch kid?

They taste great.

:moonrio:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Junk posted:

this dude knows the score

Yeah, and he's losing 48-0 at the half.

In spite of many non-US posters believing America is a blasted hellscape of nothingness, today in my northern, midwestern bleak existance I purchased 3 different types of puchao brand gummy candy right at my local grocery store *gasp*

...they're alright. Interesting flavors but not like, shockingly good.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 18, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't want a gummy krusty.
"I don't want a gummy" - Krusty.
"I don't want a gummy, Krusty."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

heck yeah, I used to dig those too. Especially blackjack