Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
At least Iraq is going well haha oh gently caress oh my god what the gently caress oh no no noooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Good soup! posted:

Nah I think he said "did somebody say mcdonald's"

It was "Counter-terrorists win", a quote from the hit game Counter-Strike

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

etalian posted:

I'm lolling at NPR whining over China getting more influence in Afghanistan.

Another Comrade Xi success story of using soft power and credibility instead of getting involved in costly military wars?

Still loling that America spent over a trillion in Iraq and China just won the most oil contracts by doing nothing.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

If they manage jets, I'm going to laugh forever.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I don’t think the Taliban has had respect for America since we paid them to fight the Soviets.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Taliban dancing on the graves of empires.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Pryor on Fire posted:

kabul is already falling what the gently caress

They're all at the control point with no defense so gg

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Pook Good Mook posted:

Trump also agreed to release 5000 Taliban prisoners for . . . 1000 coalition prisoners.

This was meant to show good faith in the negotiations

lmao the literal Bergdahl ratio

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

fanfic insert posted:

lmao at the thought of the taliban reaction to biden threatening with an invasion to rescue hostages

Part of me expects them to say 'gently caress Around and Find Out' but they will probably play smart and just intimidate and steal from the troops because firing them up will definitely make us stay in Afghanistan forever.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Taliban soldiers stepping aside to let them back to their base and offices only to look in from the window like Sickos as they see the troops' reaction to everything being stripped clean.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

fits my needs posted:

A U.S. Chinook helicopter flies over the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, Sunday, Aug. 15, 2021. Helicopters are landing at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul as diplomatic vehicles leave the compound amid the Taliban advanced on the Afghan capital. (AP Photo/Rahmat Gul)

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1426792005775110145?s=20

The more things change...

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

One week more like one day.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

30-90 days more like 30-90 hours lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

PawParole posted:

having an Alamo last stand at the only McDonald’s in Afghanistan.

Modern Warfare 2 was a documentary.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

GG no RE

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

God I want to see every rejection of surrender the US did because lmao at everything

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Heading to Kabul McDonald’s to get the Taliban Meal

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

lmao what the gently caress have we been doing the past 20 years in Afghanistan? Biden's maneuver was a failure but America has been failing badly for years in order for poo poo to collapse so quickly

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Chamale posted:

I watched Rambo III tonight. The dedication at the end was "This film is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan". Apparently it's always been that way, and the image dedicated to the Mujahideen was a photoshop. Truly shocking stuff

Send Afghanistan copies of Rambo III. That should fix it!

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

McNugget Buddy posted:

Biden doesn't even show his face on 9/11's anniversary now

he can't, lol

The Party of Optics has botched pandemic response and military withdrawal in a 3 month period

And the president's being called on to resign while his successor is in hiding because her popularity is in the shitter

We're not going to make it out of the next year alive

Trump running and winning again would be really funny because he'd replace experts with yes men again and put the bullet to American foreign policy once and for all.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

"We care for the peoples' freedom." I say as I panic seeing someone in a turban in a Safeway back in 2006 and talk about how the Qu'ran is dangerous.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Jesus gently caress our government is the loving worst.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Imagine believing American troops didn't butcher Afghan citizens after the last 20 years

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

Jen Psaki tomorrow clarifying that The Troops didn't shoot directly at people, they shot in the air which caused a stampede that killed people.

Going with the cop argument that they were firing warning shots but the citizens decided to just run into the bullets.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Radirot posted:

no one will give a poo poo in a week.

The only way they won't care is if schoolkids start dying in the masses from COVID. This is Midterm material.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Lenin Stimpy posted:

They're not wrong. When did Republicans or Democrats ever give a poo poo about poor brown people outside of the US?

When it's an excuse to express control of a country's resources democracy.

If the last decade has been nothing but political corruption and shady deals, Afghanistan was a bomb ready to go off at any time. And now it has.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

hellotoothpaste posted:

I mean, given the current state of world affairs this might be dark as gently caress but it’s probably an accurate calculation.

The only political winners in this are the more libertarian Republicans who didn't support the war. A lot of the neocons are warhawk fuckups and Democrats are going to take the blow because this blew up with them in charge.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

ive been away from internet/news all day, have libs started to compare pics of taliban fighters in state offices to the drunk idiots on jan 6th making a mess of nancy pelosi's office yet

That's an insult to the Taliban because at least they bothered to do the work.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I mean China did win in the end. They got the oil and potential allies. They will gladly brag.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Afghanistan doesn’t have oil but they have a gently caress ton of minerals and especially Lithium which the Chinese tech industry will absolutely need in their coming cyber war with America, Also Afghanistan will probably be the next piece in the belt and road chain to the Middle East.

They also got oil contracts from Iraq (not Afghanistan, my bad). China has been suffering from success for the past few years.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Ugh this really will be the republican presidential platform in 2024. God drat you

And Trump smashes all of them because all of his opponents would be shown to have voted for the Iraq War or something.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

lmao gently caress off so goddamn much

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

genericnick posted:

Did Benghazi matter? Did anyone give a single gently caress about it?

It was pretty much only used as ammo against Hillary but even during 2016 Benghazi was way low on the list of problems about Hillary.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Every conservative worried about womens' rights in Afghanistan has or has at least one relative that screamed at a woman in a burka just minding her own business.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Tiler Kiwi posted:

kurds 2.0 basically

trump would call the afghans cowards or some poo poo tho lol

His statement about the Kurds left me stunned when it happened. He really is an uncaring idiot.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

fatelvis posted:

Forgive me for being naive, but why are all these people losing their minds trying to get out of Afghanistan? I thought pretty much all reports, the Taliban are just letting people go about their business - unless you were part of the more extreme parts of the Afghan military.

Is that all BS, or do these people just not believe it or what?

The Taliban are definitely going to put a bullet to US collaborators to keep control. People are going to be driven out of the country or shot dead in the streets when they start to solidify their power.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Der Meister posted:

lol if you think trump would have done better

Trump could have poo poo his pants loudly during a presidential speech but you know we're in this timeline.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

We lost in the form of a gradually declining and rotting government that we help set up and has now fallen on us. hth

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I mean it's been some years. Someone had to outperform the 'don't care about a white kid being eaten by a crocodile' tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

lmao the way to beat America is with American-trained folks