Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuskus

I’m talking about Good Old Raisins & Peanuts

I want to hear your fondest memory of cramming a handful of this in your face

kuskus fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

I like really powdery gorp where you get a mouthful and instantly believe that this was sold in packets to be added to water

kuskus

bottom o’ the bag GORP, all salt, candy pieces, sunflower seeds

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I was told there would be scroggin in addition to all the gorp ITT :colbert:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Heather Papps

hello friend

it was my second year treeplanting. the friends who'd invited me along the first time had bailed, feeling that the payday (up to .14 cents a tree!) didn't justify the pain. i loved living in the forest and singing aloud my love of the woods, so i conned another friend into coming with me.

the days blended into one another as i threw myself into labour, and one shining day our cooks assembled gorp. we went for breakfast and discovered a huge bin of it, pre mixed. i filled a bag and went on my way.

it was cold in the mornings, so you'd work hard to get warm, and i didn't break till lunch. i'd only had a piece of toast and tea for breakfast, as my stomach is perpetually unwell.

the sun was high in the sky as i sat down at the cache, a few crewmates and friends breaking at the same time.

i reached into the bag i'd half forgotten, and took a handful of gorp and incorporated it into myself. instantly my body responded - i was hungry, my body ached for nutrients, and this handful of nuts, seeds, granola, raisins and other dried fruit was in that moment, utterly perfect. i felt tears fall down my face, an uncontrollable torrent of joy at being alive, at feeling the sun on my skin and a mixture of sustenance pour down my throat.

the wind was gentle and i wiped the tears away before i had to explain them, despite feeling that if asked, i could just say "gorp" and all would understand.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

Heather Papps posted:

it was my second year treeplanting. the friends who'd invited me along the first time had bailed, feeling that the payday (up to .14 cents a tree!) didn't justify the pain. i loved living in the forest and singing aloud my love of the woods, so i conned another friend into coming with me.

the days blended into one another as i threw myself into labour, and one shining day our cooks assembled gorp. we went for breakfast and discovered a huge bin of it, pre mixed. i filled a bag and went on my way.

it was cold in the mornings, so you'd work hard to get warm, and i didn't break till lunch. i'd only had a piece of toast and tea for breakfast, as my stomach is perpetually unwell.

the sun was high in the sky as i sat down at the cache, a few crewmates and friends breaking at the same time.

i reached into the bag i'd half forgotten, and took a handful of gorp and incorporated it into myself. instantly my body responded - i was hungry, my body ached for nutrients, and this handful of nuts, seeds, granola, raisins and other dried fruit was in that moment, utterly perfect. i felt tears fall down my face, an uncontrollable torrent of joy at being alive, at feeling the sun on my skin and a mixture of sustenance pour down my throat.

the wind was gentle and i wiped the tears away before i had to explain them, despite feeling that if asked, i could just say "gorp" and all would understand.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
There must be an equal number of raisins and peanuts.

kuskus

Heather Papps posted:

beautiful. needs to be a digital loom tapestry given to youngsters with their first gallon ziplock bag of gorp.

when you turn a person upside down after they’ve eaten gorp, it sounds like a rainstick.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
is G.O.R.P. an acronym cause it seems like it should be

kuskus

Entropic posted:

Any
Candycorn
Raisin
Oatmeal
Nuts
You
Mix

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

kuskus posted:

Any
Candycorn
Raisin
Oatmeal
Nuts
You
Mix

gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

greenish old rancid piss

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Gangrenous Old Rotting Penis

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

house democrats having yet another showdown with their eternal enemy the gorp

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Entropic posted:

Good Old Raisins and Peanuts, friend

biosterous

gorb

gallery of sigs

he/him

Ventral EggSac

GORP is onomatopoeia actually, it's the sound goblins made when they ate peanuts and raisins, which was amplified by the acoustics in their hidey-holes

nut

the world according to gorp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin

fond memories of eating all the m&ms and yogurt covered berries out of my scroggin on day 1 of camp then grudgingly eating the rest while hiking the next two days