Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Welcome to Stargate SG-1 Mini Mafia. A game for 14 players.

This is a game of moderate complexity, but should still be a game of mafia.

Other Stuff:
  • Town wins when all threats to the town are eliminated
  • Scum win when they control the execution.
  • Third Party win according to their victory conditions
  • The Thread will never close. Nights will remain open. Please do not post about game things during twilight though (between the hammer and the flip).
  • Days will be 48 hours long, except for the first which will be 72 hours.
  • Weekends count as 1 day for deadlines.
  • Discord is required.

Otherwise normal mafia rules apply, and if in doubt, you can always ask, but as a general rule, don’t be a dick.

1. .random
  2. b-minus1
  3. Bifauxnen (surprise me)
  4. DGK2000 (DGK/Lord/He)
  5. GenericGirlName
  6. Idle Amalgam
  7. merk (he/him)
  8. Mr. F!
  9. ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
  10. Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
  11. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  12. Somberbrero (He/him)
  13. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)
  14. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

Pleasa give me a p-90-a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

I saw the Stargate movie in theaters. I saw the pilot TV movie on Showtime or whatever station it was on for the premier.

That is the extent of my Stargate knowledge.

I considered running a Paw Patrol mafia just for you Voodoo. Maybe next time.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

Everyone is scum in that one right?

Everyone except chickaletta.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

I am heading on a quick vacation from April 20-24. If the game starts after that or you're OK with limited participation during that window, I'm in.

Penciling you in merk.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Insandenza posted:

Can I sign up to co mod?

Welcome Aboard Co-Mod.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

A reminder to join the Discord.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Klaxons blare out in Stargate command. Incoming Travellers states Sergeant Walter Harriman, No recognized GDO code.

Close the Iris bellows General Hammond.

The Iris is non-responsive

Just then all of the lights go out, emergency lights don't kick on. You are in complete darkness except for the glow of the stargate. You hear but don't see something come through the Stargate, then the connection is cut. Emergency lights kick on, but something is on base that wasn't before.

General Hammond orders the base be put on priority one lockdown until it is determined to be fully secure. You're going to have to find out what is going on in house.

D1 Starts Now

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

With quarantine procedures in effect, SG-1 springs into action. By immediately accusing eachother of being Goa'ulds in disguise. Dr. Frasier starts to get the MRI set up to see who has a symbiote when the chorus of voices claims she's not working fast enough and is obviously hiding the fact that she is actually the one implanted with the Goa'uld.
A quick shot with a zat and she falls to the ground... wait, was that a double tap? Dr. Fraiser is dead.

Sam Carter gives a quick memorial, but her heart isn't really in it:
Janet Fraiser was an extraordinary person. She was kind and funny and talented. Above all, she was courageous.
The words ring hollow when she was just executed for being a little slow at setting up for scanning the entire contingent of the base for possible implantation. Well, what's done is done, let's take a look and see if she had a snake in her.

Dr. Janet Fraiser SG-1-aligned Charging Mason has been executed D1.

Please get in all actions within 24 hours or they will be forfeit.
The thread stays open at night, feel free to chat.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, this isn't all bad news. The power is still on emergency backups, but General Hammond has dispatched a team to get main power back up, there are still infiltrators in the base, but at least someone has determined a way to find them, they just need a little more time. Just give DGK a little more time. That strong muscular dude wearing leather armor and a helm is totally trustworthy. Wait, he doesn't look like base personnel. You should double back to check what's up there...

Oh... it was Thor, the Asguard commander who occasionally helps or demands help, but mostly tries to stay out of the affairs of the Tau'ri because of the protected planets treaty with the Goa'uld. Not that it matters now because that little grey alien is face down on the floor with a smoldering hole in his back. And he is very dead.

Thor played by DGK2000 Self-aligned Charging Investigator has been shot by an energy weapon N1.

Thor's wincondition was to be alive when the game was over. This petty squabble between the Goa'uld's and the humans of earth is of much less concern than the Asguard's struggle with the Replicators.

D2 Starts now. Deadline will be Friday 4/30 at 10PM EST.

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 28, 2021

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Whether or not Thor was on your side or not is irrelevant, the decision to pair off when attempting to restore power, was motivated purely by his death. But one of your member only speaks up occassionally, and when they do, it is an octave lower and deeper than expected. Surely this is a Goa'uld. On top of all of that, he is a pencil lipped rear end in a top hat, even smarmier than Col. O'Neill. You don't trust him farther than you can throw him, and even for Teal'c that isn't that far.
It's that traitor Harry Maybourne. He's already been convicted of stealing alien tech for the NID, how'd he even get back on base.
Col. O'Neill looks at him and says "Told you I'd shoot you" as he fires a zat right at him. His eyes flash yellow and he falls to the ground. With that, Jack shoots once more and Harry Maybourne lies lifeless on the ground.

Jack quips "I've always wanted to do that, good thing he was actually a Goa'uld, it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun if he wasn't. I mean, still fun... just less."

Harry Maybourne Goa'uld-aligned Charge Depleter has been executed D2.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Can we chat about game Grandi

Talk about whatever you want. Thread is open for whatever.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

When you awaken in the morning, your number has once again shrunk. This time it is the corpse of Jacob Carter, the Tok'ra who was once the host to Selmak. drat his years of wisdom and experience as both an Airforce General as well as one of the wisest Tok'ra would have been helpful in this foothold situation.

Major Carter runs over shouting "Dad!? Daaaaad? And then sobs into her dead father's chest.

You have to find these infiltrating Goa'uld and take them out before they take over the base, then the world.

Jacob Carter played by Idle Amalgam SG-1-aligned Vanilla has been killed N2.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Just because I am an alien in your world, I do not get the trust and respect I deserve and have earned claims Teal'c from a soapbox that was placed there between scenes. I have easily saved your lives from the Goa'uld menace many times over. I do this so my Jaffa brothers can learn to live free, out from under the control of these false gods.

Join me in helping root out this evil from within our midst.

That might be the most words you have heard Teal'c string together, probably ever. But in one swift motion he aims his staff weapon and fires a single blast.

Daniel Jackson looks at the corpse and announces that he sees no evidence of a Goa'uld parasite. Teal'c just inclines his head and says Indeed.

Chief Master Sergeant Norman Walter Davis Harriman played by Retro Futurist SG-1-aligned Charging Mason has been shot D3.

The day continues.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

One man should not have all of that power. I'm saying that if he leads our off world teams, he is a the most risk for exposure. Let's count the number of times he's been compromised. He's had the knowledge of the ancients downloaded directly into his brain not once, but on two separate occasions. He's been infected by alien pathogens that have changed his behavior no less than half a dozen times. Hell, he's insubordinate at the best of times. This man should be arrested and court martialed instead of leading out off-world flagship team.

With murmured agreement a single zat blast fires and Colonel Jack O'Neill crumples to the ground.

Colonel Jack O'Neill played by Somberbrero SG-1-aligned Charging Voter has been executed D3.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

All of that arguing and bickering is leading to fruitful results, right? There is a Goa'uld in your midst that needs to be dealt with. You are almost done restoring power to the base and then you can figure out who the hell is a Goa'uld just by giving everyone a neck X-Ray. If you can just get power back, the solution will be trivial. If you can get there.
But when everyone is called back to their duty stations, it's looking less and less likely that you will get there. Another collapsed body is found.

Skaara calls out from the floor, no visible wounds, but definitely in pain. Dan El? O'Neill? Why is this happening? Did I do good?. A last breath of air escapes his lips, and then his body turns into a bright white light and flies away. Leaving nothing but a pile of clothes.

Skaara played by Bifauxnen SG-1-aligned Confirmed Mason Miller has been killed N3.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Now the group's combined bloodlust is reaching it's peak. There is a goddamn Goa'uld on this base and you'll stop at nothing to get it out. Even resorting to preying on a little old lady. The civilian who restarted the whole stargate program. You descend on the octagenerian looking for payback. Who cares if her old heart cant take a blast from a zat. All that matters is getting the base's security back under control

She goes down in a heap calling out for her paramour Ernest. Then her eyes flash.

Catherine Langford played by .random Goa'uld-aligned Charging Blocker has been executed D4.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Once again, the group is called back together. You feel that you are collectively close to restoring power. From there, all sorts of options open up. Until then you just need to find the intruders before they kill off the entire contingent.

drat, it looks like you're running out of time. You see a smoldering corpse before you with no less than a dozen staff blasts wounds on him. Whoever did this was pissed.

Martouf played by merk SG-1-aligned Vanilla has been killed N4.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The assembled mob, standing over Martouf's prostrate form, calls out He shot a man in front of us with a staff weapon. All of these other kills have been done with a staff weapon, how have we not taken him down yet?

Major Carter speaks up, Well, since he is a Jaffa, he cannot be taken as a host, his symbiote would prevent it But it is too late, Teal'c is on the ground as an unseen zat blast strikes him twice from the crowd.

Teal'c played by Sandwolf SG-1-aligned Charging Vigilante has been executed D5.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This morning you stumble upon a scene that has become worryingly familiar. Your time is running short, you need find the remaining Goa'uld or risk the subjugation of the entire planet. If it cannot be contained right here, right now, they will be able to open the stargate and use Stargate Command as a staging ground for their assault.

Sha're played by B-minus1 SG-1-aligned Confirmed Mason Miller has been killed N5.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

In a meeting, flip in a bit.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

An intense stare down occurs. Then General Hammond is the first to act. He looks between the two remaining members of his flagship team, Dr. Daniel Jackson and Major Sam Carter, hesitates for but a second and then discharges his firearm into Major Carter's chest. Three quick shots in succession.
As she lays there bleeding out she cries softly, Why, Sir? and then dies.
Daniel Jackson's eyes flash yellow for a second. Thank you for your help General, now bow before your god. He pulls his hand from behind his back, it is wearing a Goa'uld hand device which he points at General Hammond, causing him to cry out in pain and sink to his knees. As he dies you can see a single tear streaming down his face thinking of the fate he just let loose upon the world.

This is a Goa'uld-aligned victory.

General George Hammond played by Voodoofly SG-1-aligned Charger Mason has been endgamed.

Thanks for playing!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mod doc is pinned in the observer and dead channel in discord if anyone is curious. You should all have access now.