Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS TRIANGLE 82 82.83%
JADE VS RED 8 8.08%
CHRIS VS DAX 2 2.02%
MATT VS DARB 7 7.07%
Total: 99 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

One of the best dynamites, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

big ben bells, the boxing bell rings, the actual bell ringing at the start and end of the match, followed by the bells in the song again, Anthony Ogogo is a bell-themed wrestler

The final form of the ding dongs, unbound.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm getting very tired of the slander from not only the announce desk, but also some shady posters on this very forum, directed towards the white meat, baby face young bucks who have broken NO rules and have done nothing wrong. There's no rule in AEW about mask removal. They are good, Christian boys, and you should be ashamed for doubting them.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

They kicked PAC in the ding dong. I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

I've seen PAC do worse himself, but you all still love him, and no one is saying that they should go to hell, which I might remind you all is the WORST place you can go. What an awful thing for Excalibur, that monster, to wish on a fellow human being.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I feel like the bucks were supposed to just initially turn with Kenny, which is why they were kicking all those people that time, but then someone realized they had a big, inspirational, babyface autobiography coming out and decided to keep them face until the marketing cycle for it was finished.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lamuella posted:

I'd enjoy a short Miro / Kip program (and by program I mean 1 week build then a match then Miro does other things), then Kip finding something else to do.

I do find it weird that AEW's two active UK wrestlers (Sabian and Ogogo) grew up about 8 miles apart. Essentially in neighbouring seaside towns.

I think the "program" should just be Kip not being around for a little bit cause he's on his honeymoon, while Miro just mentions him in promos. Then the instant he shows back up Miro does this to him:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

In other news, you can now preorder Cody's big dumb gaudy jacket, as expertly modeled by Fuego on Sammy's vlog:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1382754612382404612?s=20

I've already got the big dumb gaudy bullet club jacket from them. You snooze you lose Cody.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Could they just call them "The Iconics" with one I and get around WWE making up a dumbass fake word they could trademark?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Joe as a trainer and third chair in Elevation.

Iconics with Britt

Give Chelsea a look, at least.

Bo Dallas with Hollywood Hunk and his group of odd looking gentlemen

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bo would legit be great with Hollywood Hunk and Co if they let him just act like he used to as NXT Champion. He had very "I win almost half the time" energy back then.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shard posted:

Did people worry this much back in the 90s if WWF or WCW or ECW hired people?

Even more than now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mickie should sign but make sure she has a clause in her contract that says if she ever grabs anyone's crotch then licks her fingers during a match they are not allowed to cut it from the replays for being "crude" and "not appropriate for WrestleMania."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shard posted:

I know this thread talks about it but I haven't actually investigated it myself. But do people say everyone who has been in WWE is a WWE castoff (as in they are poo poo and you shouldn't like them) whenever they go anywhere? Because WWE has hired literally nearly everyone.

Shouldn't it be more damning to WWE for these people if people who sucked in WWE are somehow much better elsewhere? Like Tay and Cody? I really can't get in their mindset and wonder if it's all just a joke at my expense.

It's a thing WWE fans with brain worms say. Clearly if these people were any good they would be WWE champ and not fired.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shard posted:

Once again, just can't get into that headspace. By that logic Roddy Piper was never any good because he never won the world title. And to put it into modern times - even if someone does win the title I bet it doesn't count if it wasn't the REAL world title. Whichever one that happens to be at the time.

Holy loving poo poo WWE is a mess. Like how do you fix it to be a decent wrestling company again? Burn it all down and start over?

The WWE is a business literally built on spite by an insane old man, and is being handed off to his son in law who is pretty much nepotism made flesh and also maybe kinda a white supremacist. I don't think it can be saved.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Senator Giroux posted:

“WWE castoffs” used to make sense when TNA was signing everyone WWE fired, regardless if they could go or not, AND pushed them as big deals because they were in WWE.

MIIIIIIISSSSTERRRRR ANDERSON... Anderson.

I'm... I'm sorry I just read this post and I don't know what came over me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Are Hunter and Steph and Shane and Dunn all in there with him?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call them the Eye-conics and put them with Dr. Luther.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cavauro posted:

if the iconics go to aew they can probably go back to being the iconic duo that got dropped for whatever reason

Wasn't that dropped cause someone else owned it?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Max Coveri posted:

Isn't Mox taking time off because his wife is giving birth soon?

That's the speculation but nothing concrete yet. I would assume he's going to take some time to hang out with the family even if it's not more than a month or two cause he's a wrestling loving crazy man.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If they sign them, have them come in with the tag tournament medals and never explain how they got them. Diamante can find a new partner to go with to get them back.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

theres more to this:

https://twitter.com/facdaniels/status/983470673271013376

so yea he changed it for this very reason

I really hate the the Nazis had such good fashion sense. Best looking uniforms in history, hands down. Ruined it for everyone else. Pretty low on the list of why I hate Nazis, but it is on the list.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Hear me out: The Iiconics meet Abadon

They should be her minions. She summons them with a dark ritual. They aren't evil or dark versions, it's just them.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should sign the real mean girl and put her with the Iconics and call them the real mean girls. gently caress women's tag belts, let's go right to women's trios.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Miro as just the third act of a GTA IV mission givers storyline is perfect and I love it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Btw I liked Chelsea's old hot mess gimmick so if she's doing that again I'd be fine with her getting signed too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

inthesto posted:

Honestly, what I want out of all this is for Orange, Isiah, and KC to form a Cassidy Family stable

I'll settle for it being just a BTE joke

Who's Bray in the Cassidy Family?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Hire Bo

Give him a smiley face mask

Call him The Friend

Instead of a kids show he hosts an adults only late night talk show like loveline.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Last quarter higher than first. Those are great numbers. AEW forever.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hangman takes it, then loses, bumping him down in the rankings. It will be unclear as to if he lost on purpose or not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is from a few pages ago but the easy fix to Christians music is to just license the actual Evanescence song it's a sound alike of. What can Evanescence cost to license in 2021? Eleven dollars?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think they should put the rest of the gold on the Elite. Cody turns heel and kills Darby for the title and rejoins. I'm not sure what lady they should recruit to win the women's belt for them though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

brandi :getin:

(e:real answer jade)

I was thinking Jade but if we're putting Cody back it doesn't make sense. I guess they could get over their issues and when she broke Brandi's arm but I'm not feeling it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My first thought was heel Shida. Britt Baker isn't a team player, character wise, and if she was should have her own group.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

What does heel Shida even look like? Just kneeing someone's head off so violently that you can no longer enjoy it along with her?

Because if so I'm all aboard.

That and a lot of beating people with the kendo stick.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

inthesto posted:

I'd like to see Suge D come back to AEW too, but it doesn't seem very likely.

He should come back as Pinnacle Pete and to do Jericho what Jericho did to him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Now that we know for sure Excalibur is in Tony's headset during elevation, the Joey match where he called like 3 moves in a row totally wrong was a rib, wasn't it?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Has Luther figured out how to upload in HD yet?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Biggest heel move the bucks have done: introducing new Papa Buck music to bte.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

After watching that road to, Shida vs Tay should be the main.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't think QT vs Billy is gonna be a match. I bet the instant Billy gets too much offense in QT just calls down the factory and they kill Billy. Or the Large Adult Gunns turn on their old man.