Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS TRIANGLE 82 82.83%
JADE VS RED 8 8.08%
CHRIS VS DAX 2 2.02%
MATT VS DARB 7 7.07%
Total: 99 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I feel like they should do something where the faction theme plays as the entrance and the individual theme plays as the exit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They've been extremely clever with the rankings this PPV cycle. A number of genuine contenders for Kenny at DoN, and Britt and Rosa both picking up wins and climbing the rankings. Someone pointed out that Hobbs got quietly ranked #5 so Cage looks like a bigger deal when he beats him next week too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

I love that Taz can, by simply choosing not to be mad about someone, imply they are going to be turning heel in the near future.

Some day he won't bury D3's gimmick. Then we'll know.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

born on a buy you posted:

Did FTR guy with hair take a Tyson punch to the face or does Tyson throw the best worked punch ever?

You can see it if you slow way down - Tyson hits him with his forearm.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There was so much good stuff on the show I hardly see anyone mentioning how simply terrifying Miro is right now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

there are other things Jade could do and look good at without needing her to aim directly at a championship.

You could have her and Nyla team against Swole and KiLynn King and get some fun matches that way.

You could give her a hoss-off against Kris Statlander

Give her some weird stuff to do with Ryo Mizunami.

Lots of fun choices, all of which will help hone her as a pro.

Have her absolutely murder Riho at some point too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

I think the idea with Ogogo is, since he's a bit green, you can structure matches around the punch to conceal things. Jobbers are gonna get livered the gently caress out, but better wrestlers will avoid it, breaking up the pace of the match to give them time to pull off more complex spots.

Yeah. It needs to be something that he has to be positioned properly and put all of his power into - you could bring back Technique By Taz for this.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

See, if you are saying bring Samoa Joe on board to cut promos and be a weirdo, I want to know who you'd pair him with because that's not a bad idea.

Throwing this out here; Leyla Hirsch.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol if AEW ends up having a much more complete women's tag division than WWE without belts

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1.2M

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/FrankieKazarian/status/1382794661681516544
Was CD's old gimmick "is a nazi officer" or something?

From bingo halls AND OTHER PLACES

Ring General.

https://twitter.com/facdaniels/status/983225438431399938

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Dave posted that the no competes end mid July. Last year the AEW Women's Tag Team Tournament kicked off in early August.

Wow, that timing. Although I'm more expecting a Trios tournament this year.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm glad to have been vindicated on Miro. Just needed time to figure out the character he was gonna be.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quarters:

quote:

8-8:15 - 1190k

8:15-8:30 - 1226k

8:30-8:45 - 1193k

8:45-9 - 1173k

9-9:15 - 1350k

9:15-9:30 - 1241k

9:30-9:45 - 1170k

9:45-10 - 1205k

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Luchasaurus and Mox chase figures are great. Love Hangman too. Also cool that SCU gets to be the first figures with the tag titles.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

this is a fun bit but did dave actually give the match 5*? it deserved it imo

He did. PAC's first 5* AFAIK.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I get the spoiler one more than the thigh slapping. They already cut Tino loose for posting spoilers (right?) so it's not like there isn't already precedence.

They did, and he wasn't even the person leaking spoilers.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I was kinda hoping the Tay v. Conti would main event! Maybe it'll open?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

I'm more looking forward to Hikaru v Shida.

gently caress!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hangman has a match with Ricky but they could theoretically switch the card around. Could be fun to have Ricky pissed off that Darby basically cost him a shot at the #1 ranked guy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alternatively give Takeshita a shot if he's still around.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jessie might be retired. You could put KC with Britt easily enough though, if you wanted her to have a better tag partner than Reba.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Catching up on Dark(elevation), I'm not liking Britt having to cheat to beat jobbers.

Did she cheat?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1383238798876712962?s=21

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I was seriously concerned it was gonna be Cody again.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

This made me realize - has AEW done a triple threat match on Dynamite/PPV yet?

Full Gear 2019 was a triple threat tag title match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

I would really enjoy it if the TNT title match is not 15 minutes or less. I'd really like to see what Darby and Jungle Boy, as two of the main young lions of AEW, can do with like 30 minutes.

Doesn't the TNT title have a 20 minute time limit?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IIRC they stopped putting the logo on the mat because it was slippery.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Who is the person or people that AEW cut due to visa issues? Dave mentioned it today and Butcher mentioned it on TIJ as well.
I know Jimmy Havoc was the person cut for disciplinary issues and there’s apparently like two more cut for other reasons, visa or travel maybe?

Bea Priestley and Sadie Gibbs.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Has anyone who lost an apuestas match gone on to wear a bunch of obnoxious wigs? I think that would work well for the Bucks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

the belts need to get defended more against people outside the elite's sphere, which is solved more by the bucks dropping them to the lucha bros but can also be solved by them defending the drat things more often

I don't think they really defend them often enough but their last 4 defenses have been against Death Triangle, Chris and MJF, Santana and Ortiz, and The Acclaimed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I still think she should join The Pinnacle but Deeb would also be a pretty good fit with The Elite.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mooseinfants posted:

Christ that reminds me of a time someone on Reddit earnestly suggested heel Riho. Where is Riho anyway

Back in Japan, I think.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wouldn't extrapolate anything from it. These posters change pretty radically as the actual matches get added to the card.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Penta gets unmasked to reveal he is actually a skeleton.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also 2 BTEs and probably 2 of the Unrestricteds.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I get the sense from Aubrey’s Sonics jersey and references to events that they might’ve stacked up a number of low card unrestricted eps during Revolution weekend and have been putting those out when they don’t have something specific to compromise with a bigger name.

That could definitely be the case.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Not 100% clear, but based on how Ivelisse has posted about it, it sounds like she thought Rosa should’ve been more deferential to her in calling the match.

This is what I've gathered too, which is stupid if true. She's the champion in a match for her title and representing her promotion. She calls the match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Best Friends bit is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

uhhh did they spoil a future dynamite match on BTE or was that from the house show or?

If you're talking about the match with Takeshita, that was from the house show.