Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerball69
Apr 15, 2021

by Pragmatica
Can someone tell me how to make money by day trading and using crypto? My husband is not a forums poster but he is similar to one insofar as he is autistic and believes he can do anything that requires logical reasoning but so far he has only lost money in our robinhood account. nerds smh. Is there already a day trading thread here in cspam? if so I'm sorry. Otherwise please tell me how to make money using the stock market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

get a divorce op

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
no idea but I put 20 bucks into bitcoin (technically into Robinhood which I'm pretty sure just pretends they bought bitcoin on my behalf) on a whim a while ago and it's over 300 now. wonder if I should pull it out or just ride it to the Moon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
doge coin going up again lol. $$$$$

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
at this rate soon i will be able to buy the forums off jeffrey and get my red star back -_- ... and permaban all my enemies with impunity mwahaha

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

did he so happens to invest in a company named, "GameStop" :raise:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

don't daytrade. just buy and hold something with "safe" or "elon" or "doggydildo" and wake up wealthy in a month

Powerball69
Apr 15, 2021

by Pragmatica
should i tell him to buy doge coin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Powerball69 posted:

yes. when daytrading it's important to buy in when an asset hits all-time highs. and then you'll want to sell lower than that

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Powerball69 posted:

yes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Powerball69 posted:

buy and HODL imo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The secret is the same as with everything else financial - to have bought in years ago when sex traffickers and money launderers were setting the systems up

Your husband needs to start hanging out with white collar criminals or mob types, otherwise hes just a bag holder

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

i say swears online posted:

yes. when daytrading it's important to buy in when an asset hits all-time highs. and then you'll want to sell lower than that

yeah - the best technique is called swing trading that's where you find natural dips and then buy at the height, sell in the dip, and buy at the new height.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Powerball69 posted:

no, what he should be buying is Tether, the only cryptocurrency tied to the US dollar

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vomik posted:

yeah - the best technique is called swing trading that's where you find natural dips and then buy at the height, sell in the dip, and buy at the new height.

close. you also need to ensure that you make as many trades as possible without considering the wash rules so not only do you lose money on all your trades but also get owned with a massive tax liability

Powerball69
Apr 15, 2021

by Pragmatica
Look I wanna get rich. And quick! Does anyone have tips for that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Powerball69 posted:

vrchat findom work. can use one of those programs that make u sound like an anime girl also. easy money. put that money in some random altcoin and start pumping it on social media. very simple

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Powerball69 posted:

for the low price of $99.99/month i'll sell you my secrets

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
coin

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Write some random billionaire failson and dare them to send you a million bucks. Belittle them if they refuse

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Write some random billionaire failson and dare them to send you a million bucks. Belittle them if they refuse

your that thirsty for something, anything in your PM box huh?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Smythe posted:

close. you also need to ensure that you make as many trades as possible without considering the wash rules so not only do you lose money on all your trades but also get owned with a massive tax liability

good point - you def want to make sure the feds get their pound of flesh - you know what they say a loss in the taxes is a gain in the bank

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
another way to get rich is to create a very popular webforum & sell it 20 years later

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Smythe posted:

another way to get rich is to create a very popular webforum & sell it 20 years later

lowtax sold in the dip and look at him now - a god among kings

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

Vomik posted:

Living the Goldbelly Life... one us peons can only aspire to...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vomik posted:

Buy high sell low bing bong

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

in a more equal society we'd all have equal opportunities to a candy dish of opiates and a trail of abused women

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
congrats / my apologies on the husband, op

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sounds like your husband is doing just fine.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

your husband wouldn't happen to be a pizza delivery driver or respond to the name of "zaurg" would he

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Since skull.gif is a little bitch and wants another thread to bitch about waiting tables I'll post numbers here.

Today Argentina reported a 12-month inflation of 42.6%.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Powerball69 posted:

Can someone tell me how to make money by day trading and using crypto? My husband is not a forums poster but he is similar to one insofar as he is autistic and believes he can do anything that requires logical reasoning but so far he has only lost money in our robinhood account. nerds smh. Is there already a day trading thread here in cspam? if so I'm sorry. Otherwise please tell me how to make money using the stock market.

Hey, as a fellow autistic nerd who can do anything with logical reasoning, I've only made money on Robinhood.

My advice is to buy stocks and coins that increase in value, rather than decrease. Hope this helps!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
heres a foolproof get rich scheme:

-go to a blackjack table

-place a $100 bet

-if you win, place another

-if you lose, double your first bet. repeat until you win

its impossible to lose more than like 3 or 4 times in a row so this is basically a license to print money

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Here's proof:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cloks posted:

Here's proof:

good job

Powerball69
Apr 15, 2021

by Pragmatica

Cloks posted:

Hey, as a fellow autistic nerd who can do anything with logical reasoning, I've only made money on Robinhood.

My advice is to buy stocks and coins that increase in value, rather than decrease. Hope this helps!

I showed him this post but it seemed to upset him. I'm worrying he's not as smart as he thinks

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

right now you can get a 30% return on cuomo being governor by the end of the year on predictit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

right now you can get a 30% return on cuomo being governor by the end of the year on predictit

lost all my predictit money on a longshot pence as prez bet when trump got the rona rip

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

CEO of FED reserve in San Francisco Daly just said they are not seeing worrying signs of wage growth lmao

The word is inflation. Inflation was the word you use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

We did hit ATH and record numbers again today.