Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Yossarian-22 posted:

i ended well into 5 figures but i'll let you know when i end up in a siberian black site

by allah's will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

yoss you may want to not be a loving idiot and make your tether into cash while you can still get away with it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Broken Box posted:

yoss you may want to not be a loving idiot and make your tether into cash while you can still get away with it

working on it

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Number rests once more

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I bought something called STORJ.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

in the end it was I left holding the bag of dog vaginas

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
my brilliant investment strategy was spending not a lot of money on a whole lot of doge in january

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I forgot to put my free Robinhood cash into Doge, I'm reporting that as a $50 loss.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

got into a presale called taste nft on dxsale and made a ridiculous amount of money on it. leaving some in just in case

(if any of you are dumb enough to try presales like me make sure it's one with a large telegram that gets filled pretty quickly. others are usually doa. some literally get filled within seconds but are harder to get into)

new coin called "safememe" launches at 12 or 12:30 pacific and it's dumb enough to work, i think. new coins are basically the best way to make money now. nothing else is safe

with that said, concerns about bitcoin/eth energy use mean that the newish more efficient "eth killers" like cardano, polkadot, and algorand all seem to do really well while the market pukes. dyor

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ gah

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hey can somebody explain to me what the gently caress is up with /r/superstonk and /r/gme, I stopped paying attention in March when the stocks stopped being hilarious and back then they were all saying "Shorts will cover any day now, to the moon" and so on. I just popped back over there after 2 more months of steady decline and now they're ranting about how everything is hedge fund conspiracies and the minimum floor for GME is 10 million per stock? What the gently caress? They just removed a mod yesterday for saying that nobody can really know what the ceiling will actually be- the mob decided that the "Hedgies had gotten to him?"

I have trouble believing like 200k people can descend into conspiracy gambling QAnon madness over two months of holding stock in a slowly declining lovely video game retail company but here we are. Is there more to it? Is it some kind of ironic performance art?

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
Welp. I pretty much hosed the dog on this one.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

got into a presale called taste nft on dxsale and made a ridiculous amount of money on it. leaving some in just in case

(if any of you are dumb enough to try presales like me make sure it's one with a large telegram that gets filled pretty quickly. others are usually doa. some literally get filled within seconds but are harder to get into)

new coin called "safememe" launches at 12 or 12:30 pacific and it's dumb enough to work, i think. new coins are basically the best way to make money now. nothing else is safe

with that said, concerns about bitcoin/eth energy use mean that the newish more efficient "eth killers" like cardano, polkadot, and algorand all seem to do really well while the market pukes. dyor

is a presale just the word they accidentally bumbled onto when they were rediscovering an initial public offering?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I think the term ICO fell out of favor once the SEC came sniffing around.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
love too hold my darling safemoon, through good times and bad

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shitpostradomus posted:

Welp. I pretty much hosed the dog on this one.

did you buy a bunch of bitcoin two weeks ago or something?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

didnt read the thread, wont read replies

gently caress yall

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Saucer Hovers posted:

didnt read the thread, wont read replies

gently caress yall

:yaycat:

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
So far my winning method has been "sell all my DOGE then immediately rebuy them". So for example I buy 5,000 dollars worth of DOGE then it gets up to 15,000 dollars (a common occurrence), I sell, get the 15,000 dollars, then rebuy the coins and watch them triple all over again! I highly suggest this method.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Snake Dance posted:

So far my winning method has been "sell all my DOGE then immediately rebuy them". So for example I buy 5,000 dollars worth of DOGE then it gets up to 15,000 dollars (a common occurrence), I sell, get the 15,000 dollars, then rebuy the coins and watch them triple all over again! I highly suggest this method.
this is how people get into a tax squeeze fyi

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

No sell Moon

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Oops sold AMC to early.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Safemoon! No!!!!! This was my ticket to FREEDOM!!!!!

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
"You know it's time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips. This bull market is over."

had that sensation real, real bad reading this thread the past few weeks. good luck out there.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

im pretty sure we can buy our way out of this

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-slides-below-40-000-050635727.html

welp lol

gonna reinvest some once everybody forgets about crypto and dismisses it as a passing fad

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i turned out to be too dumb to lose money

i am protected

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

heh keep posting your FUD it only makes me buy more safemoon

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It literally has "safe" in its name, clearly it's the best and safest investment.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

The value behind buying worthless coins is that there's only one way for them to ever go.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
dude what the gently caress

i pushed the GET RICH NOW button and nothing. happened. :yaycat: why is life so cruel?!

i don't actually care that much, i wasn't planning on selling anything i have until next year anyway. i've been grinding my rear end off trying to get to a point where i can quit my job even without the shitcoin lottery.

i don't know the bitcoin timeline at all, but i'm sure there were many times where people were like "yep, gently caress this, this is done" and sold their poo poo and here we are with "oh no, bitcoin's under 40k" like anyone who's balls deep into crypto gives a poo poo.

loving shoeshine boy? lol c'mon, i'm a weed delivery driver :yaycat: get it right.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nomad2020 posted:

The value behind buying worthless coins is that there's only one way for them to ever go.

Nowhere?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Mostly true.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i have it on good authority you can just sell at twice the price you buy, the numbers natural fluctuation will give guaranteed returns

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The PRC must be destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Nonsense posted:

The PRC must be destroyed

sorry but after today i'm a dengist now