Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/apr/15/human-cells-grown-monkey-embryos-reignite-ethics-debate

They made a chimera of a human and a rhesus monkey, but the bastards destroyed it.

Reply with how you would avenge this Humonky what animal monstrosity you would make

e: They want to take my buddies's organs too
"Wu said they hoped the research would help develop “transplantable human tissues and organs in pigs to help overcome the shortages of donor organs worldwide”."

Ventral EggSac fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
cool but have they just been to Arkansas

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sjs00 posted:

cool but have they just been to Arkansas

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
This is some literal "They could, but they didn't stop to think if they should" poo poo

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Finally. This future dystopia was starting to look lame.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Monkuman.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
not Humonkey

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

People with think it's just talking about a Franciscan or a Bhuddist or something

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The new weight loss solution

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what about a woman-serpent hybrid though, what are these scientists waiting for

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Me: "Hey guys they took a Cistercian and a layperson and made an embryo"

You: "???And?? I gently caress a monk every day, I had a baby with a Jesuit"

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Who am I?

I'm Hugh Monkey

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Bad Purchase posted:

what about a woman-serpent hybrid though, what are these scientists waiting for

MemePokerparty^

It would be cool if we could "@" goons

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I am positive in the future this will become part of medicine; growing a new human pancreas in a monkey for transplantation for example

Could be 30 years off but it's going to happen

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Good. One step closer to Detective Chimp.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Ventral EggSac posted:

They made a chimera of a human and a rhesus monkey

aka OP's MOM lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Spinz posted:

It would be cool if we could "@" goons

@Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
return to monke

ps has anyone told Joe Rogan yet?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
scientists are working hard to solve racism by creating a mutant that everyone can hate

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Spinz posted:

I am positive in the future this will become part of medicine; growing a new human pancreas in a monkey for transplantation for example

Could be 30 years off but it's going to happen

drat take a pancreas just like that? And what if the tourists feed the monkey read meat, fried food like funnel cake everyday in exchange for phones and ipads that the monkey stole?

What if you need a liver from a monkey and I give him cirrhosis after years of us meeting for happy hours after my work??

naem
May 29, 2011

R.L. Stine posted:

scientists are working hard to solve racism by creating a mutant that everyone can hate gently caress

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
finally goku is real

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

I want to know which parts are man and which parts are monkey I don't think I can weigh in until we get some more info

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think I read a book about this. I thought it was fiction but apparently it was prophecy.

Edit: This thing. Truly, Michael Crichton is was a visionary.

itry fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 15, 2021

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Jove Tone posted:

I want to know which parts are man and which parts are monkey I don't think I can weigh in until we get some more info

Well humans have the biggest penises in relation to their bodies of any extant primate if that's what you're wondering.

God help us if that's the monkey part

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I hope they make a monkey with the strength of two monkeys and intelligence of one average goon

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
scientists getting ready to publish their findings on which kind of monkey has the sickest pussy

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ventral EggSac posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/apr/15/human-cells-grown-monkey-embryos-reignite-ethics-debate

They made a chimera of a human and a rhesus monkey, but the bastards destroyed it.

Reply with how you would avenge this Humonky what animal monstrosity you would make

a bunch of farm animal-human hybrids, to show off as proof of the genetic inferiority of white conservative rednecks as part of a campaign to uhh “remove” them all

Ventral EggSac posted:

e: They want to take my buddies's organs too
"Wu said they hoped the research would help develop “transplantable human tissues and organs in pigs to help overcome the shortages of donor organs worldwide”."

oh they’re already working on the farm animal thing for me, sweet

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
some scientist in China was able to cure gestating twins of HIV and they sent him to prison for it

I'm hoping when he gets out he decides to turn his powers to evil. science not ready to cure HIV? then how about human/mosquito hybrids that bleed tigers? ARE YOU READY FOR THAT?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The researcher is Dr. Wu? Were getting an indominus human soon.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sweet baby rhesus.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
pretty sure Alex Jones said the same thing

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

those scientists shouldn't have been monkeying around with genetics

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Full Metal Jackass posted:

The researcher is Dr. Wu?

is he Fiendish?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man that sounds cool as gently caress, how big is it’s dick? :wookie:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I thought we were already doing a pretty good job of growing organs solo? Is this a sex thing?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I saw neural link was used on a chimp so that he could play Pong with his mind and he would get banana smoothie when he did well. It got me thinking that one day I hope we can have MMORPGs where all the NPCs are controlled by chimpanzees in an office farm somewhere in Taiwan where they are trained to fight to the death and get rewarded when they kill a player or something. I bet one chimp could control multiple characters at a time and also would be way better than an AI

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Ventral EggSac posted:

People with think it's just talking about a Franciscan or a Bhuddist or something

Oh come on, "Capuchin" was right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I saw neural link was used on a chimp so that he could play Pong with his mind and he would get banana smoothie when he did well. It got me thinking that one day I hope we can have MMORPGs where all the NPCs are controlled by chimpanzees in an office farm somewhere in Taiwan where they are trained to fight to the death and get rewarded when they kill a player or something. I bet one chimp could control multiple characters at a time and also would be way better than an AI

So you're saying that we should save the minds if not bodies of endangered species by implanting their intelligence into NPCs and having them hunt and maul dumb videogame nerds?