Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Chrs posted:

In school we had to do a whole term learning about the Titanic because our teacher saw the movie and loved it. I was about 6 or 7 at the time and was aware that all the adults loved the movie and called him out on this and got a detention out of it, he made me write "I will respect the Titanic" something like 50 times.

He also was a massive Christian and he taught us that the Titanic sank because people said the ship was so great that even God couldn't sink it, and so God sank it to make a point.

I hope you respect that dead ship now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

FYI the full name is actually titanicholas

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The rubaiyat was in boiler room 3, coal chute 4

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i stopped keeping up with the titanic after its construction, with so many safeguards and fallbacks it would be nigh impossible to sink. now let me check my old newspaper from april 16, 1912 while i drink this tea

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's too bad they didn't save Hitler's painting. That might have changed the fate of the world.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Chrs posted:

In school we had to do a whole term learning about the Titanic because our teacher saw the movie and loved it. I was about 6 or 7 at the time and was aware that all the adults loved the movie and called him out on this and got a detention out of it, he made me write "I will respect the Titanic" something like 50 times.

He also was a massive Christian and he taught us that the Titanic sank because people said the ship was so great that even God couldn't sink it, and so God sank it to make a point.

So by his own admission the ship was blasphemous and didn't deserve the respect he thought everyone should give it?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

BalloonFish posted:

One of these ones?

Oh poo poo, it was this one! So much information in an awesome nerd book :hfive:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

HD DAD posted:

I still get the urge to play Titanic: Adventure Out of Time though

Same, I never finished it as a kid and remember loving it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I was also a kid who was obsessed with the Titanic. I was obsessed witb ship wrecks in general though and the Titanic was only #2 on my list of cool/interesting ship wrecks. Number 1 was the Andrea Doria because I was blown away that ships were a)still crossing the Atlantic as passenger ships in the 50's and b) you could dive it.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The Andrea Doria was also still in remarkable condition, at least in the 90s when I was pouring over this stuff.

sigher posted:

Same, I never finished it as a kid and remember loving it.

It’s on Steam! It still oozes atmosphere for a 90s point and click game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

HD DAD posted:

It’s on Steam! It still oozes atmosphere for a 90s point and click game.

Holy poo poo, thanks! Never even knew.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

super sweet best pal posted:

So by his own admission the ship was blasphemous and didn't deserve the respect he thought everyone should give it?

I have a feeling he might have meant the movie if I'm honest. He was unreasonably upset when I accused him of only teaching us about it because the movie just came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Someone photoshop some boobs and make it the TIT-anic.

Like maybe the smoke stacks are boobies, and instead of smoke, they have milk coming out of them.