Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Today is Titanic Day, aka the Day the Big Boat Went Blub-Blub :woop:

On this day some number of years ago a big boat called Titanic struck an iceberg off the coast of North America, and sank, which is ironic because the captain, who also sank, was only two days away from retirement.

Did you or anyone you know perish or survive this, the second-greatest berg-related calamity ever to befall mankind? Share your thoughts and/or prayers in the thread!

Can you believe a dude read about the ship and said "i reckon this ship is practically unsinkable", and then the first chance it gets the ship immediately sinks anyway??? Truly there is no limit to the hubris of mortal men.

Here is a picture of the ship as she might have looked like (before the disaster)

RIP may she sleep with the fishes :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Spinz posted:

What was the ultimate berg related accident? You post Titanic was second.

The greatest berg-related calamity ever to befall mankind was the 1994 movie "Rapa-Nui" :911:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

My wife says the same thing. I find it highly suspect.

Maybe that poster is your wife. Did you consider that???

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Vim Fuego posted:

They did.. the titanic had an identical sister ship, the Lusitania

Wow! I sure hope nothing bad happens to it!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Did you know? The search for the Titanic was actually a side-mission and neat cover story for what Ballard was actually paid to do by the navy: finding out what happened to two of their sunken nuclear attack submarines.