Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Using new calculator with higher numbers than ever before, mathers have made a breakthrough in uncovering the secrets of circle. they discovered a big 1 and it's putting a lot of eggs in math books if you know what i mean.
13.1415926535.... is our new pi so recalculate your circles ASAP. This is the first proof a major digit in pi research since the 3 was first developed. There were supposedly carvings found in mayan ruins some ancient aliens types have previously speculated were related to a "dark number" who are acting really vindicated before like we found Bigfoot but the truth is literally none of them actually predicted it had anything to do with pi, they usually tried to tie it astrology and calendar poo poo.

Makes you wonder what other numbers still have hidden digits right under our noses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

One day we'll find out the math for other shapes, like squares and triangles

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Pi is circumference over diameter, so for squares it would be 4.

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Now triangles is interesting, I guess the diameter would be the longest side? But the total perimeter could be anything. So I dunno what to do.

But triangles get trig, so it all equals out

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

Gross Dude posted:

Pi is circumference over diameter, so for squares it would be 4.

Now thinking about this, perhaps the diameter would be the diagonal. So maybe squares pi is 4 over the square root of two

Khanstant
well two triangles can definitely make a rectangle, and a rectangle can get reeeeally bent/stretched into a circle so i think triangles is just 1/2 rectangle, and rectangle is just circle so a stretched out 13.314... = triangle.

Ventral EggSac

this has astounding implications for head rotating cubes

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Updating my research papers with DLC

nut

is it 5

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

pi-teen

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
The devs clearly favor their circle players, but when will they give the Euler's Constant fans among us more content?

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
its a 6 but just upside down

crimes

Into The Mild

did you know that the square root of 2 is some giant number. it’s like Pi it goes for days.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

how many days tho

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Three and change

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The number to unlock a dodecagon is 420

google THIS

This technically means that all men have more than quadrupled in girth

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Did the new number say anything about me, like does she think I'm cute or anything like that?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Vei

Khanstant
some places are having a hard time adjusting to the change lmao

heads up, right now little caesar's is the only pizza place recognizing the new pi... they won't advertise it, but will honor the appropriately scaled pizza at the current prices (but then you gotta order lil ceasars)

pizza hut's official line is that their pizzas come in named sizes, "personal, "large" etc. and do expressly claim any specific diameter or circumference for any of their "pizza style" products.

Jaguars!

Pouring one out for the round buildings I've laid out that are no longer circular.

nut

got beat up at school for not using all the digits of pi

Twenty Four

*baking my dessert in a square pan*

anyone know the cobbler number?

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Pi is so passe, I'm totally into Avogadro's Number.

google THIS

Bacon Taco posted:

Pi is so passe, I'm totally into Avogadro's Number.

Typical millennials and your Avogadro toast :rolleyes:

biosterous

google THIS posted:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Khanstant

google THIS posted:

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Twenty Four posted:

*baking my dessert in a square pan*

anyone know the cobbler number?

But alaska isn't a desert.

wait TWO ses... I see no your sentence is correct

sig by owlhawk911

Twenty Four

pixaal posted:

But alaska isn't a desert.

wait TWO ses... I see no your sentence is correct

lol love

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

its good we got 9 back but think of all of 7's other victims who weren't so lucky

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

celebratory music brought to you by Bowie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRNAIQAc50

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
came in here to make an EA joke.

"man, why the gently caress did we even let them claim the concept of numbers in the first place?"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!