Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Something I expected after the first 3 games of the season: Cincinnati making a strong push for the wooden spoon

Things I didn't expect after the first 3 games of the season: Minnesota with a grasp on the spoon with 0 points, and New England leading the league with 7 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I thought it was 5 games?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

Seeing LAFC dead last in the west feels great, given that every MLS media head continued to say they were champs in waiting even as they looked completely mediocre through their first 4 games.

Seattle look scary solid and are the team all those MLS and ESPN media guys said LAFC were.

Obviously I'm a fan, but it is kind of scary how good Seattle are this year

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Aaron Long tore his Achilles, out for the year for RBNY. I haven't seen any of his games so far this year, but he was really good in prior years.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Remember that time Seattle scored 6 goals against Portland in Portland? That was pretty cool.

How could you forget?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

Seattle hosted Manchester United for a friendly like 5 or 6 years ago and lost 7-0.

It's been 10 years by now.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Not sure whether this speaks more to how bad Austin is or how bad Portland is:

https://twitter.com/J_SamJones/status/1429256769281445890

Mostly just how bad Austin is.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I didn't bother watching it, but were there any injuries in the allstar game?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

So assistant coach in Seattle is better than head coach at RSL?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

I know UEFA's pied-pipering everyone into killing the away goals rule but I was hoping Our Dumb League would resist. :smith:

Away goals only works in a 2-legged series, which they've gotten rid of the last few years.

Edward Mass posted:

I'm glad they don't have the stupid "one match's English-language broadcast is only on ESPN+" bullshit this year.

ESPN+ is a million times better than the random garbage twitter streams they do for a bunch of games.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It's been 20 years by now, I don't see the big deal with it. 9/11 has been used for much worse things over the last 20 years, especially far too much killing; a discount on some tickets is nothing.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Almeyda possibly

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The league likes El Traffico so much it'll actually be expansion teams in Gresham and Bellevue, so Portland and Seattle can have their own cross-town rivalries. For Gresham they'll just build on that park across the road from McMenamin's, and Bellevue they'll just add on a couple of stories to the Bell Square parking garage and make it a rooftop stadium.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dates for next season have been announced:

First day of the regular season is the 26th of February
Last day of the regular season is the 9th of October
MLS Cup is the 5th of November, just prior to the World Cup in Qatar

Nashville is moving back to the West, but the actually interesting news is that no team will play more than 5 midweek games.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-2022-season-start-date-schedule-format-and-conference-alignment-announced

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

The Mothership says it's also on PHL17, which I guess is a local station.

The local Philly announcers are hilarious, so hopefully espn+ has that stream available.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Coach of the year has to be Fraser. It'll probably be Arena because they won the Shield, but Fraser has done so well in the West, and with the smallest budget in the league.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

USA: Colorado Rapids, New England Revolution, Seattle Sounders FC and the 2021 MLS Cup Champion (Sporting KC if one of those other 3 teams wins it)

Since it's pretty much guaranteed that one of those 3 will win, looks like KC is going to CCL again. Congrats to whichever teams draws them, since Vermes won't play any starters.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Rubio as goal of the year is garbage

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

The Union have placed 11 players in MLS health and safety protocols, including captain Alejandro Bedoya, ahead of Sunday's Eastern Conference final against New York City FC, according to the team's game notes.

Six starters from last week's win over Nashville — goalkeeper Andre Blake, defenders Jack Elliott, Jakob Glesnes, Kai Wagner and Alvas Powell, and Bedoya — are among the group in protocols. Goalkeeper Joe Bendik, midfielders Ilsinho and Quinn Sullivan and forwards Cory Burke and Sergio Santos round out the list.

https://theathletic.com/news/eleven...l/qjFv7kXQTXvf/

YIKES

They had to sign the pool goalie, so yeah they are boned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It better be Las Vegas Lights, with all the craziness associated with them included.