Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I take it there's no crazy micro heroes like Visage or Meepo from Dota because those were my favs.
nobody who controls a secnd character, no. sissela has to manage the position of a ball with her spells tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wonder who from Black Survival they could even put in that role in the future... I guess Mai maybe? Controlling manequins since she is a fashion designer?

she is cute

e: oh the wiki for the orginal game doesn't have all the characters in it currently. there is a lady who has a marionette she controls lol... so uh, i guess she would fill that niche

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 22, 2021

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the first game is against bots right? because people would just run up to my melee guy as a ranged character, shoot me a few times, then basically go afk. i won my first game with absolutely no issue and i've played maybe 10 hours of RTS or MOBA games in my life lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, I believe so.
Bots are always named "test subject [insert number]"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
good to know, thanks.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Obtain Potato.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

worth noting that other players can also hide their username by going into options, so you might also run into actual players named Test Subject. theyre probably streamers who dont wanna get stream sniped

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
character concept for Eleven revealed

she is a food live streamer

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snooze Cruise posted:

character concept for Eleven revealed

she is a food live streamer

https://i.imgur.com/q3n9j80.mp4

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Another character reveal today

With her nearly all the high school age characters are out of the way except for like Eva and the "vampire". Which is nice since, imo, the characters in their 20s and 30s are more interesting.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 23, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
And here is our third character reveal

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I bought Alex because I love his goofy spy aesthetic but he's hard to really do much with....

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I bought Alex because I love his goofy spy aesthetic but he's hard to really do much with....
hes a little underpowered and he needs to grab two weapons which can be a pain, but he has some advantages. the stealths pretty strong

he def. seems like a character more suited to duos tho

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love playing Rozzie and I hate myself for playing her. Everyone who plays Rozzie should be banned from gaming forever.

Lydia Lin's art got nerfed but she's still good.

And they whitewashed my boy Magnus.

Excited for Sua, I played her a lot in original BS.

Endorph posted:

worth noting that other players can also hide their username by going into options, so you might also run into actual players named Test Subject. theyre probably streamers who dont wanna get stream sniped

Wait this is a thing? I played a game where I killed 2 players and then immediately died to a Barbara named Test Subject 8. I thought I was so loving terrible for dying to a bot but now that I know this I feel less like an idiot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah if you go to options -> game theres an option to hide nickname from enemy, it makes you show up to them as test subject whatever

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Remember the good old days when I'd post the same Lydai Lin image over and over again.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Excited for Sua, I played her a lot in original BS.

Speaking of, we got her skill preview now
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/3059609427962690846

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
But even more imporantly... Nicky

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I bought Luke on a whim and then proceeded to effortlessly get my first win. :cheerdoge:

He seems kinda ridiculous!

The final fight was down to me and another Luke just sitting spamming attacks at eachother and I won just by a hair since I had the Wickeline buff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
He is in the same subset of characters as Cathy and Jackie where they are deadlier quicker then everyone else. One of the upcoming patches, can't remember if its going to be this one, is adding a special ping on the map for when people finish higher tier weapons, which should help some with dealing with em. Of those three Cathy is probably the scariest even with her chase tools lacking compared to the others.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Patch just dropped. New character, but also big Alex buffs.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*patch notes, patch isn't till tommorow still
lot of QoL stuff
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/3059609427966372561

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Patch is out, Sua seems really good.

note: keybinds and stuff have been reset, make sure to put those back to what you have them and turn quickcast back on before you get into a game

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 28, 2021

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

this game is so tilting I hate it and am so mad, why can't I just run down everyone as jackie

I want kill

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Apr 28, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This new glass breaking sound that plays every time someone dies is the worst

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

this game is so tilting I hate it and am so mad, why can't I just run down everyone as jackie

I want kill

if you wanna run people down play ar aya and rush agni

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
cathy is jackie but sexier, play her

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sua is really fun, her dash is nuts and smashing people between your books is super statisfying,. especially if you get the stun.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sua looks really fun and I have to play 1 PvP game a day to scrounge up the coins to buy her because I apparently accidentally bought Adella?

Li Dailin, Sua, Adella, and Soichi were my favorites back when I was playing the original game, but in Eternal Return Adella and Soichi have playstyles that are very incompatible with my NSKM playstyle.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ok I cleaned up my open and found a decent build and now I can snowball kills in the early game. Is there a drink cheatsheat similar to the food one? Consumable building in day 2+ is my new biggest weak spot

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the butter cheat sheet has some drinks there too
for sp items it just tends to be water + another liquid in your starting zone for something to start out with. boiling water builds into a good number higher tier SP items and food so horde your lighters and aim for that, it will probably be the easiest. at factory you can do Baijiu with alchocol and lighter, and if you can grab another lighter you can up that to another tier. its an easy one to remember

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man I have no idea how to deal with Jackie...Feels like no matter the stage of the game if one gets their sights on me I just get deleted.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tomitake has joined the battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q77lOvJG2f4
Skin previews, that Lenox...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
None of the skins are really doing it for me other than maybe Soichi.

Dailin's skin seems like her base skin only with a jacket on top.

At least Soichi got drip now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't think the soichi one is bad but its just so funny seeing him go from the most normal looking guy in the world to that lmao

i like the lenox skin tho i am not a fan of the section where the crotch of her pants is a different color. i like the rozzi skin cause she feels like she is going to go akuma no riddle on everyone.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Today and tommorow is chicken day. Kill 10 chickens in a day to get 5000 a coin, so a total of 10,000 both days.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm having a ton of fun with Sua. I thought she'd be primarily a defensive character, but she's incredibly dangerous when on the offense. Her Q can really gently caress over anyone trying to escape from you, and her E is very long.

That said, I've yet to win with her. In fact, I managed to lose the most recent game I was playing despite having so many good items. Picked up the first 2 Trees of Life for her and killed Wicklein but I still lost. Silvia ran circles around me with constant hit and runs and I got double teamed by her and Jackie at low HP.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/3079876894683334694
Skill preview for Leon, he looks weird.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 09:53 on May 11, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

Today and tommorow is chicken day. Kill 10 chickens in a day to get 5000 a coin, so a total of 10,000 both days.

drat, just missed this

I played a few months ago but several of my friends play and now I'm trying it again too. I think the most difficult thing to adjust to is how often you want to fight, which is literally never unless you're absolutely positive you're going to get the kill, and quickly. I'm not to the point where I'm making my own builds but I've got a lot of Dota experience so I can usually win like 1/10 games - a higher winrate now that I've got some of the meta strategy down. Just won a game where the final fight was basically me baiting out the enemy ult and then completely disengaging, using all my healing items, then jumping back in. Being fast seems incredibly important and I think if I ever got a big enough brain to cycle through multiple items it would be boots - focus on movespeed in the beginning then transition into the crit boost shoes.

For SP drinks, coffee is really easy to make and is a huge boost, I tend to use that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hart as a character has such a fun playstyle with her weapon but I've failed miserably when playing her in PvP because she moves so loving slowly and she doesn't really pick up any shoes at all until her 3rd or 4th location.

Also Temple is really popular these days so you end up not being able to farm anything in reasonable time, or having to give up some poo poo.