Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Lord Ephraim posted:

I have a friend who plays this game 5 hours a day and recommends that it's not very beginner friendly. If you don't know builds, specific character matchups, and routes you will do nothing but die over and over. There is a extremely deep learning curve and the tutorial isn't very helpful. Lower ranked play is filled with smurfs that pub stomp everything, much like a Starcraft master vs. a newbie. The idea combining moba and battle royale is a breed for toxic gameplay. Being a Korean developed game, they're not afraid of random rear end balance changes.

yeah it's fine actually, the game gives you premade plans that work well enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
anyways for actual content

quote:

Name: Li Dailin
Job Title: Unemployed
Nationality: China
Play if: You like getting drunk and beating people up with martial arts

this is the character I mostly play, she's really fun! Kinda reminds me of both Riven and Rumble from LoL, her Q is a 3-hit thing that can do a bunch of damage, and instead of mana she has a drunkenness meter that you increase with her W where she takes a swig from her jug. If she's above 50% drunk some of her abilities get stronger, and if she hits 100% drunk she silences herself but her autoattacks do a bunch more damage. For her E she spits out booze in a cone, and her ult is like a dash that beats up the first person you hit with it.

I've mostly been using the default nunchuk plan with her which seems to work p well, and I like the item ability it gets (a charged tornado) than the fist weapon, which is just an uppercut thing

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Meme Poker Party posted:

OP in terms of video games when I played League of Legends a million years ago I basically exclusively played Morgana, Annie, Nautilus, and Amumu. In terms of anime I think it's obviously that Yuri is the best girl and it is frankly OUTRAGEOUS that Natsuki won the Best Girl Challenge instead.

Which character would you recommend for me?

for mage-y characters there's Zahir, Chiara, Hyejin, Emma, Barbara, and Adela? And Sissela was mentioned before, who's sorta Orianna-y but has Karthus ult.

Zahir reminds me of Brand sorta, he has big aoe spells that mark enemies and if you hit an already-marked enemy it does extra stuff

Chiara is like Swain, she has a root (on a tether, so basically Karma's) and her ult does a lot of aoe damage around her while healing her the whole time

Hyejin's passive is kinda neat, if she hits anyone with 3 skills they get Feared, her Q has two charges and is a skillshot that slows, her W is an aoe field that roots if left for max duration, and her E is pretty much Lissandra E, a skillshot that pierces targets and you can reactivate it to teleport to it, her ult gives her Aurelion Sol orbit-y things that do a bunch of damage when they collide with enemies, but that combined with her passive sorta makes it like a Fiddlesticks ult that you have to aim

Emma is...weird? I haven't really played her much, but she's a magician and her basic abilities leave a Dove, Magic Hat, and polymorph enemies into a Rabbit, and her ult lets you teleport to any of those and does a different extra effect based on what you teleported to, teleporting to a Dove makes it dash backwards to where you came from, doing damage in a line and rooting enemies, to a Hat makes you and the hat swap places, the hat doing aoe damage and pulling enemies in towards its center, and teleporting to a polymorph'd enemy does a big aoe polymorph around them, so you can turn an entire team into rabbits if they're stacked close together!

Adela is new since I last played but she seems a lot like Syndra, but with chess pieces. She can place Pawns, make a Knight jump, and slide out a Rook from her position, those all stay around for a bit and the Knights and Rooks can knock the pawns around when they're placed, doing extra damage. Her ult is a huge aoe around her after making her invulnerable for a few seconds, and it also reactivates any chess pieces nearby, making them do aoe damage and then disappearing. Apparently she used to be OP since you could easily one-shot people doing a certain combo? She seems cool

Barbara is basically Heimerdinger, she places a turret with her Q, her ult amps up one of her abilities, and for her other two abilities she can shoot a laser beam--which will make a turret also shoot a laser if it gets hit, and she can do aoe damage around her for a few seconds, which her turrets will also mimic

EDIT: okay wait hold on he's not like a ranged caster at all but apparently there's now a Janitor character, Luke, who hits people with a mop and stuff, his ult is a pressure washer lol yes very good, BUT his E has him literally "nothin personnel, kid" teleport behind someone and shoot them with a gun because I guess he is apparently both a cleaner and a "cleaner" this is great lmao

Xad fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 19, 2021

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Snooze Cruise posted:

Another thing: You can actually switch between plans on the fly, so you can create a plan that is just all end game traps and foods that you can switch to after you finish your build.

The arrow here does it

Oh dang I never knew you could do that, wow thanks

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Acerbatus posted:

Is it free to play in the league of legends sense where 90% of the characters are unavailable or is it actual free to play with just hats or whatever?

it's like lol where there's a rotation of free characters, but so far actually getting the currency to buy a new one isn't that hard, iirc they give you a bunch of it when you first make an account and do tutorial stuff