Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
show me your desktop gbs. i want to see your icons and your ultra sick rainmeter setups. gogogogogo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

beautiful as gently caress. there are a few OS/Warp themes for Stardock Curtains that are pretty rad, though I have to say they don't really fully come together in Win10

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

in all honesty I'd prefer to be using my Vista Aero uxtheme but unfortunately the guy who was making the AeroGlass hook for Win10 fell off the face of the planet and nobody else has been able to figure out how to get the code running in the latest couple released builds of Windows. disappointing to say the least. Vista's Aero was the best combo of classic Windows and Aero style. imho Win7 really went too far with fully transparent glass everything

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

SRQ posted:

lol why are you using xp you idiot it wastes ram, your sig says you use 2000 anyway so what are you doing? goofy-rear end bullshit.

lol i always heard this anecdotally but i never got to experience it for myself until i got this old rear end Thinkpad that came with XP installed. it ran like poo poo so i wiped it and installed 2000 and i was absolutely blown away at how much faster it ran

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Negostrike posted:

Some setups I miss and can't replicate with Win10:

Windows 7 was the last good OS that could truly be skinned and themed. I feel your pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Skin THIS! *makes incomprehensible, albeit demonstrative gesture*

post/av combo

mine too lol