Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

So I've been looking for a classic styled 22lr revolver in good shape for a few years now and I've finally found the one. I've looked at some overpriced S&W 17s, but the cost for a great condition one was always a little out of reach.

Anyway a BOX..... errr a paper sleeve over a styrofoam container

Wonder what's inside?

A 6 inch barrel Dan Wesson 722!!!

drat look at that thicc crane

The nut for the barrel shroud can make this a 2", 4", or an 8". Sadly this was sold as a 6" only model, but is still has the original barrel tool and headspace gauge if I find more barrels!

The cylinder is in great shape and barely dirty for a 22!

The trademark ball detent cylinder

And the DW logo in the grips

Overall the trigger in single action is incredible with the travel and weight being close to my Shadow 2. My current issue is that I now want a 357 or 44 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Nice! I had a shot at a 4" DW .22 at a decent price and I still kick myself for not buying it.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Very cool, I have a DW 15-2 but I've always wanted to grab one of the 22s for some cheaper plinking. Ebay or GunBroker are probably your best bet for more assemblies. EWK is the only place I know of that makes new ones, but they only do .357/44 right now. You might try to hit them up and see if they could do a 22 barrel since the rest of the assembly is the same as the other small frame guns.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Ooh, very nice.