Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

i live in los angeles it is a bum gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Smugworth posted:

if you go by europe (every dumb little state is a country) rules, not counting those I drove through:
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. California
4. Maryland
5. Florida
6. Maine
8. Utah
9. Minnesota
10. Louisiana
11. Nevada
12. Colorado
13. New Mexico

Did you fly to Maine just to drive through it?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I try not to leave the quad county area, but occasionally I get dragged to another southeastern state by my stupid family.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

matti posted:

it is a frightfully tiny list and i've traveled more than most

and still nobody gives a gently caress

matti
Mar 31, 2019

b mad at me posted:

and still nobody gives a gently caress

you have a complex friend

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Lol at canada and mexico not counting. North America is like 2.5x the size of europe with less than half the countries

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I have google earth so I've been all over the world

And I save a ton in gas

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

1) I've been to America. It's not bad but nothing to write home about too. It's kinda ok. I really liked how the road lines are yellow instead of white. Feels very exotic.
2) metropolis

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’m not leaving my house. Not for you not for anybody!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just moved from a metropolis to a backwater bum gently caress ):

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’ve been to 7 countries by the op’s rules, 8 if you count Hong Kong. My life is in a sprawling suburb containing millions of people, not sure how that fits your model

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The Management posted:

I’ve been to 7 countries by the op’s rules, 8 if you count Hong Kong. My life is in a sprawling suburb containing millions of people, not sure how that fits your model

I just remembered 2 more plus Puerto Rico. It would have been more but Zika virus ruined my plans a few years ago.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Management posted:

I just remembered 2 more plus Puerto Rico. It would have been more but Zika virus ruined my plans a few years ago.

Sorry I got squishy dumdum zika brains ):

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lol how many countries have you been to?
Ps all of north america doesn't count.

Europeans: I can see 11 from my window. Look how cultured I am.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
A) no

B) *pumps shotgun*

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I left my hometown which was a big win

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
hell, certain places in europe (loving baarle-nassau) you can cross borders so many times while never even realizing it

bottom line is, if you havent visited every single state in africa and speak all their languages, you're basic as gently caress

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Bismuth posted:

Lol at canada and mexico not counting. North America is like 2.5x the size of europe with less than half the countries

canadians dont wanna hear it but except for quebec canada is literally just an extension of whatever region of the US its above, except with health care. it shouldnt count (unless you go to quebec)

mexico should count tho, considering it has so much more culture than its neighbors to the north

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Big Beef City posted:

Lol how many countries have you been to?
Ps all of north america doesn't count.

Europeans: I can see 11 from my window. Look how cultured I am.

BUT I ONCE ATE CALAMARI IN GREECE AND HAD CREPES IN PARIS. I AM CULTURE!! LAZY FAT AMERICANZ!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Air travel is for wealthy bourgeois who want to kill the planet imo. Every time you do tourist poo poo you're personally stabbing Gaia and twisting the knife

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Air travel is for wealthy bourgeois who want to kill the planet imo. Every time you do tourist poo poo you're personally stabbing Gaia and twisting the knife

Gotta take that plane flight to own the libs.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

matti posted:

a) how many foreign countries have you visited? (Mexico and Canada do not count)

b) would you describe you live in 1) a metropolis 2) the bum-gently caress 3) a regular sized city

I was born in West Germany and have been to every country in non-Soviet/Warsaw Pact Europe. Also Ireland and Britain.

I live near a rural hamlet. approx 80 people

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

For the most part, americans are frightened and confused by foreign countries

I'm also angry about/at them

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

agree

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
How many countries have you been to? Ones within 1000 miles dont count

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

How many celestial bodies have you been to?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Colonel Cancer posted:

How many celestial bodies have you been to?

There were some hotties, but only a couple I would consider celestial.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You better not be talking about my planet size mother :argh:

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
regular
what are you using this data for?

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
All Americans are fat poor and stupid and we should be colonized by the Chinese

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Is this a dunk on Americans thread?

Travel is so loving expensive. If you want to go to a country that isn't Canada or Mexico (which you'd still probably have to fly to) you're looking at $1,000-$2000+ easily. And with 2 weeks vacation, which most Americans don't (can't) even use, that ability to travel to another continent (since north america doesn't count apparently), is pretty slim.

Ok I just checked. For me to fly to Dublin on the 1st of May would cost $1,174. That's JUST the flight. No hotel, food, activities, sight seeing... anything. Just the flight. I'd probably be looking at $3000 for a week trip to Ireland. Not many people have that amount of money. If I were in Europe I could drive to 3 different countries for $100 in gas.

Most Americans don't have $500 in their savings account.

That being said I've been to 3 (I'm including Canada, gently caress you), and I live in a minor city of about 100k people.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is this a dunk on Americans thread?

Travel is so loving expensive. If you want to go to a country that isn't Canada or Mexico (which you'd still probably have to fly to) you're looking at $1,000-$2000+ easily. And with 2 weeks vacation, which most Americans don't (can't) even use, that ability to travel to another continent (since north america doesn't count apparently), is pretty slim.

Ok I just checked. For me to fly to Dublin on the 1st of May would cost $1,174. That's JUST the flight. No hotel, food, activities, sight seeing... anything. Just the flight. I'd probably be looking at $3000 for a week trip to Ireland. Not many people have that amount of money. If I were in Europe I could drive to 3 different countries for $100 in gas.

Most Americans don't have $500 in their savings account.

That being said I've been to 3 (I'm including Canada, gently caress you), and I live in a minor city of about 100k people.

It costs like $1-2k to fly to Alaska or Hawaii. You don't even have to leave the country to go broke on travel.

Also, agreed that Europe is a bunch of states, not countries. You dumb sheep gave up your power to Chancellor Merkel and the EU, lol.

Oh and 3 countries, 4 if you believe (correctly) in Scottish independence, 5 if you believe the Welsh actually exist.

And a normal city

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
7 if you don’t count Mexico and Canada (but you really should, especially if you’ve been to Quebec because you’re in a foreign country where they speak a different language than you), 9 if you do

I live in a small city

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

What is an American Metropolis? I think there are only 3:
-Zoo York
-The city of Angels
-Chi-Town, Baby

Everything else is a downtown surrounded by sprawling suburbs. Like Dallas, Atlanta, or whatever.

I'm looking at you, too, Boston, you Beantown fucks. What the hell even is Worcester?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Fun fact : The distance between Seattle and Miami is greater than the distance between Madrid and Moscow, by a lot!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have been to the forbidden countries and to Guam and CNMI which ok, sure, and Japan on the way there and also Bermuda

I have always lived in a "normal" city/suburb

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
I feel like Mexico should count if you go to somewhere that's not a resort area. Mexico City was rad as gently caress.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Lol at anyone who thinks America is a wealthy nation. America is an impoverished nation that gives all of its excess wealth to a very small percentage of people who are insanely wealthy because that’s the cost of freedom baby.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

matti posted:

a) how many foreign countries have you visited? (Mexico and Canada do not count)

6 (never been to Mexico or Canada)

quote:

b) would you describe you live in 1) a metropolis 2) the bum-gently caress 3) a regular sized city

2 but not too far from a few 3's (I'm considering regular sized being 50-60,000 people, which I guess is still small).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

3 and 3 op