Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i was super excited to post in this thread because i love the film, but everything i wanted to say has already been said. i guess one odd thing is why the rats don't have tiny guns, but use swords and pikes instead. i really don't care though because the fight scene at the end is cool.

as for childhood books, Beautiful Joe, or The Hobbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Applewhite posted:

Ok so... in the world of the story, all animals are as intelligent as humans, and humans took them and did experiments on them to make them MORE intelligent than humans?

i assumed it was like learning a new language and then using that knowledge to understand human tech...the animals could always talk to each other, but the ones that got the shot could not only talk to other animals but also do poo poo like using power cables or whatever. note that Ms Brisby (or any animal) never try to speak to humans, but they know what they do. like when the plough is arriving or something. Ms Brisby doesn't understand human technology like her husband did, so she needs the help of the rats, and Mr Aegis, to understand.

I can't remember what the gently caress is the deal with the gemstone

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

no pubes yet sorry posted:

It is weird they used to show us this in grade school when they needed to fill up time. Its pretty dark and the themes aren't exactly useful in real life at all.

the fair
is a veritable
smorgasbord
smorgasbord

after the lights go out

it actually ties in with the rat theme