Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Froghammer posted:

Crown had to be cut short due to budgetary concerns, so two full combats were left on the table; a showdown in a hookah lounge in Uvano and a meat coliseum in Carne. Those two factions not getting fully fleshed out kinda miffs me now that it's over and I know we won't be getting more.

That said, the ending made me openly weep.

Oh really? That's too bad. I can see why, they produced an absolutely insane amount of minis and models for that season. But yeah, it did feel rushed at the end, and some of the later characters never felt like they settled in too well.

I like the Mice & Murder filming method, though. Getting through the Zoom meeting episodes was starting to be a slog. The next D20 season should be another regular cast full season. I'm split between wanting Fantasy High Junior Year and something entirely new. Guess we'll see what Brennan comes up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

tsob posted:

Yeah, that's probably a factor too now that you mention it. I did mean to say that one thing I started to find wearing with Crown of Candy by the end is that it felt like every single non-player character was waiting to stab them in the back. It seemed to happen just a bit too much, so that it lost any effect as a viewer by the time it turned out that cake slice dude betrayed them. The outcome was fun I suppose, in that it meant the whole family was now on the run with no resources, but in the moment I was just tired of it rather than shocked or anything.

It makes more sense now, hearing that they cut things short and we likely lost an episode or two of roleplay along with two combat encounters, but the pacing really broke down at the end.

And yeah, Saccharina really turned into the Poochy of the campaign. Which oddly fit the GoT flavoring, as she mirrored season 8 Dany pretty well. The setting going from very low magic to having a high level caster just wrecking poo poo, and we were supposed to love her and feel sorry for her immediately for the emotional stakes to work was annoying. That coupled with a fairly boring macroscale wargame for the finale was unfortunate, because I loved everything up till then.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
How can one man have lived a life of such hedonism? I mean, the fact that there was enough for a second episode and the stuff in the second was somehow worse. And it's obvious he's not too protective of any of his past, because how would anyone know most of these stories unless he was just sharing it openly. But god drat, man.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Mice and Murder may also be a good choice for an Agatha Christie style murder mystery to follow the Raymond Chandler style season.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Pretty certain it's Don Rickles.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Looks like a big theater kid season, no thanks.

Man, I have bad news for you about literally everyone in improv comedy.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Tiktok is about to get a LOT of edits of Brennan's Dom DM.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I think it's part of the Dropout 5th anniversary announcement. Sam has a video upcoming on the YouTube channel.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
The pacing is a bit different, but Sophomore Year is very worth it, in my opinion. Some incredible moments in that season, especially everything to do with Fabian.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I think they lived in the same building at different times, and at what may have been a different apartment, Siobhan took over a room from Brennan. So they all had weird crossovers in NYC.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Seems Kristen Applebees has turned religious anxiety into sick gains.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Is that Keith from Try Guys?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Ally DMing a game would be a level of chaos that no level of editing could make coherent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
What was funny about him naming that specific bird from the heart monitor episode was that it was the one Carolyn knew but he didn't. So the one he remembers best is the one he came in second with.