Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Breaking News is insane and I miss seeing new episodes of it. The Amy Vorpohl episode with the Tornado Jail is a masterwork of absurdism and True Facts about Grant O'Brien is loving brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Watching the 3rd episode of 'Mice and Murder', now I'm wondering if Brockhollow had picked up some shrapnel in his chest from the Crimean War?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Froghammer posted:

Certainly possible, although my theory is that Someone stabbed Brockhollow in the chest while Mrs. Molesly was blacked out, and she only saw him struggling alone with the knife after she came to

My suspect is Constance and her husband Dr. Magpie. He might know of Molesly's epilepsy, and any shrapnel that Brockhollow had. when the EM generator activated the shrapnel dug into Brockhallow's heart and the badger was trying to dig it out as it killed him.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

tsob posted:

I've only just started the 4th episode of Mice & Murder, but can I just say: I love Brennan's puns. Barkus Aurelius, Naponyleon and myth of the Naponyleon complex because ponys are shorter than horses is solid gold punnery. Grant's "rifle" pun was great too.

Edit: Jesus Rekha, those rolls. The dice in this game are really screwing her everytime she attempts to do anything.

Edit 2: I spoke too soon, because Raph :eng99:

The dice have been mauling Rekha this entire game, but that one Persuasion roll of Raph's :discourse:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
And a new episode of Breaking News is up with Trapp, Tao, Raph, and...Amy!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Watching the 3rd episode of 'Mice and Murder', now I'm wondering if Brockhollow had picked up some shrapnel in his chest from the Crimean War?

I actually got it right?!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
You get a great amount of content for 5 bux a month. I consider it money well spent.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

DeathSandwich posted:

Escape from the Bloodkeep is a pretty great little miniseries- It's like Weird Lord of the Rings from the perspective of the bad guys. It's got some great gags, but doesn't overstay it's welcome. His take on Not-Aragorn is Stalker, Ranger King of the Himbos was hillarious and he gets killed off before the gag gets old, for example.

Matt Mercer's Witch-King of Angmar knockoff is absolutely hilarious with his ineptitude.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

DeathSandwich posted:

But he actually has an arc and winds up doing some really cool poo poo by the end of it.

Yeah, he absolutely leans into the awful rolls and Leiland is so awesome at the end.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

poo poo, have the gotten Amy Vorpahl back yet? Her inability to keep a straight face and skill at dragging everyone else down with her always made for great episodes.

Yes, they did... A Cavalcade of Carreys with bonus puppeteering!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
New Breaking News...Poor Raph, what did he do to piss off Grant?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Breaking News...poor Sam.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Judging by this week's Breaking News, Grant is now straight out ready to torture Sam.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The looks of dread were :discourse:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Magitek posted:

I can’t believe I forgot to mention Bloodkeep, since it was my first real exposure to D20 (it’s on YouTube for free). The two-punch combo of Mercer and LotR parody makes it a fantastic starting point for anyone who wants to dip their toe into D20 specifically or Actual Play more broadly.

Leyland being the worst and yet most dedicated Nazgul is just so endearing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

kiminewt posted:

Hey all. I really love Dropout content but couldn't really get into any of the role playing stuff.

I watched some funny clips on youtube and watched a couple of episodes on the show where they go to pseudo-Hogwarts, didn't pull me in.

Any advice on which of the other shows I could try? Preferrably something short, funny and with a lot of Brennan.

Breaking News is what snared me. Plenty of Brennan and complete insanity

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Mice and Murder also rocks just for watching Sam and Rekha go full ham. Bloodkeep is a great entry and I really love Unsleeping City

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Shakespeare riffs in the new Make Some Noise are top tier.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Narcissus1916 posted:

A friend of mine showed me Game Changer and I immediately subscribed. So outside of that and a handful of others, the service is primary comedians playing D&D campaigns?

Breaking News

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Jacob Wysocki as a surfer dude was something I never knew I wanted to hear.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Magitek posted:

A new ep of Um Actually was just released and it’s a banger

The hyper-competitive trio

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I'm still amazed that Sam hasn't raised the subscription price by even a buck. There is so much good stuff to watch on that channel.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1554882287115726848?s=20&t=C0OEMQinDDWY889KR6hfEQ

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The disclaimer on the new Make Some Noise is so accurate Gilbert would have approved wholeheartedly

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I use the schedule channel on the Discord

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That Nsync jam was stunning, and the LMFAO was completely ridiculous.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
First five minutes, "You're going to have to edit out my 'Eeeeeeeeee...'"

Zack's and Murph's faces are premium.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
You have to test the product.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
They used to use a ton of Heroforge stuff, I don't know if they still do.

https://www.heroforge.com/

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

CatstropheWaitress posted:

https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1630274064924155910

On the one hand, neat! On the other, doesn't he have enough shows already lol.

Escape from Bloodkeep was so good; it will great to see him back in the dome in any role.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Xand_Man posted:

it's had some good horror moments but good horror gaming requires a tighter rein on tension and release and that's hard with the D20 seasonal format

I love me a horror game, my go to one-shot is a horror parlor larp It's jailbreak by greg stolze, go play Jailbreak, but I've never seen anyone do it as a campaign well.

John Tynes's 'In Media Res' is another great one.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Grant, Tao, Katie, and Raph are a pretty awesome group of anchors.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

kiminewt posted:

As always newcomers to Dropout must first drop everything and watch Total Forgiveness.

You will never understand the weirdness that is Grant Anthony O'Brien unless you do...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

I Am Fowl posted:

I pity/envy the folks who have to go up against Wayne Brady.

Like Josh and Brennan when they went up against Michael Winslow

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
New Breaking News trailer. The season starts 12th of June.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is something wrong with me? Tried watching play it by ear, and I dunno, I just bounced off it hard

It takes a particular kind of theater kid to really get into that show. Sam is clearly one of them.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

That entire episode is a must watch.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Make Some Noise -- Basically That's a Bird Fact

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

double nine posted:

goddamned now I have to watch it

It's just an aside during a dinosaur prompt, but I found it hysterical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Oh hell yes!