Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Good series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
We need a dickbutt edit of that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I really enjoy the penultimate episode where she brandishes that picture at Shin. Within the framing of the show it makes perfect sense that she shows off something both of them recognize in a way that has underlying meaning.

But imagine it is just some guy in the wreck.

I have important people I cannot forget! This caricature of me drawn as a fat royal pig is proof of that important emotional connection!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Alternate ending

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

Alternate ending

You monster. :colbert:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Forgall posted:

Everyone seems to have missed biggest reveal of the episode

France exists somewhere apparently?!

French toast isn't from France.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I loved all of the weird aspect ratio stuff they did at the beginning of the penultimate episode, very fun and it worked really well. Really amazing finale, I'm super glad they waited to do it right instead of rushing it, it's gorgeous, I teared up a bit at the end.

Over all, Season 2 was very good, a little less emotionally weighty than Season 1 simply because it's a lot less bleak and a lot more optimistic, but feels like a logical progression for the show.

Happy they stuck the landing, 86 is definitely in the ranks of Good Anime.

Caros
May 14, 2008

paragon1 posted:

French toast isn't from France.

The name of the country does rather imply the existence of said country.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
“Frenc” is a small border town between San Magnolia and Giad that became famous for its all you can eat breakfast buffet featuring a unique form of egg soaked cooked bread. While the town was tragically destroyed in the war the Legion was unable to eat the populations brains due to all the syrup clogging up their servos, giving the townsfolk time to flee to and take their toast recipes with them.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Caros posted:

The name of the country does rather imply the existence of said country.
or maybe in this universe, French toast is named after its inventor, John French

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Who got his last name from France.

:v:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Alternate ending

That would've been brutal, and arguably a dynamic like that would've been more dramatically interesting (though not what me or most viewers would want to see).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Good thing Theo wrote their names down for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

NowonSA posted:

That would've been brutal, and arguably a dynamic like that would've been more dramatically interesting (though not what me or most viewers would want to see).
it'd have been unexpected but also deeply unfitting on every level, which would've made it less dramatically interesting