Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i started writing like an effortpost op for this but let's be real here, i'm watching this for the same reason anyone else is: stuck inside, one week post shot 1 with a long way to go until i can venture to a bar on a saturday night again, with moderna arm kicking in heavy so i can't comfortably hold an xbox controller

there's like a two match free preshow on youtube. the main card is gonna have a reggaeton artist vs a rich guy who wrote his own wikipedia page, an exhibition slap fight refereed by ric flair, noted transphobe frank mir hopefully getting loving annihilated, an actual boxing fight supposedly, and rapist youtuber jake paul hopefully eating poo poo though probably not since it is his ppv and his well-picked opponent is apparently one of the worst strikers in mma

this event takes place at the loving falcons dome in atlanta for some reason. i do not know why you need a football stadium for a boxing show with no paid crowd. maybe it's so they can have pyro. maybe the pyro will malfunction and horribly disfigure jake paul.

the preshow starts in half an hour and the ppv an hour after that. you're not allowed to post ppv streams in psp, but i will assume that anyone in this thread is watching without paying for it in a perfectly legal way, like walking around your neighborhood until you see it on someone's tv through their window and just posting up there. what i'm saying is you should not spend money on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i found a bootleg aaa stream on twitch so im watching aerostar instead of the preshow to this, but i think this show is only an hour

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the "scaffolding hell" aesthetic of this show is pretty good and hopefully most of this is wired for pyro and, as i mentioned, maims and/or kills jake paul

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ok aaa just ended and i tabbed over and snoop dogg is doing commentary on a 3 round match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i cannot find any information on who these guys are

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

snoop is yelling about lunch money and also stamina

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

w.... why did they show the black keys tuning up

what is happening

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

doja cat

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

probably like 11:30 but imagine missing the exhibition slap fight referred by ric flair

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i really didnt forsee this on the bingo card for how tonight would go

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this is the only time i will ever be able to say this in my entire life, so im savoring it:

thank you, pete davidson

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it seems bad if you have two rounds in which you dont land a punch

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hot cheetos on a pizza isnt a bad idea

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Alaois posted:

has E-40 always been here

hes one of the musical performances tonight

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

pete davidson looks like the guy from hot chip now and i hate that

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this is better than any fight right now would be tbh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

you know if everyone on this show just did, like, one song each, all of these musical performances would have been a good move

god the beiber segment is going to suck

Benne posted:

Is Ice Cube really that hard up for money?

theoretically he and snoop and e40 and too short are all in a supergroup thats coming out with an album and this is one of the only opportunities that they got to promote it i guess????

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

snoop being in a supergroup where he gets to sit down in a big comfy chair for 3/4 of every song is a brilliant move on his part

everyone's part here, really

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gramps posted:

ngl I'm actually kinda hyped for their record now so mission accomplished I guess

yeah that was a great 25 minute set that uh.... should probably not be on the fifty dollar boxing ppv

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

its really funny to me taht the concert part is all pretaped but the fights are live so everyone has to just sit around waiting

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

OH HELL YEAH

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ric flair asked if they knew the rules at the top but didnt say what the rules were for the viewers at home

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

im having a blast but at some point theres going to be another actual fight and im gonna be annoyed

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

my favorite genre of pop performance is when a heavily studio produced singer gets a live band and has incredibly stupid jams between every song because they are loving the power of just having a guy who can have huge sick shreds at a moment's notice

lady gaga is very good at this and now i guess doja cat has hired the same guitarist

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gramps posted:

Dana White better be taking notes. gently caress interviewing fighters before fights that poo poo is boring as gently caress. "uhh i had the best training camp of my life and I'm ready to go to war hurr hurr" NO goddammit. Gimme Ric Flair, Pete Davidson talking poo poo, and Doja

tbf i feel like dana's rolodex is a much lower tier of celeb than this

gonna be like two hours of whatever fox news has deemed a "conservative comedian" lately and, i dunno, that country singer who yelled the n word on tiktok and then went to #1 on the country albums chart a month later

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this was re: slap fights

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1383612617516752901

but now i cant wait to hear dave's opinion on doja cat. putting the odds that he says "worked vocals" at some point at like 90%

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ok maybe if mir wins here karma means i'll get to see jake paul get murdered in the main

or maybe i blew all my karma for this show on how much i liked that slap fight and doja cat performance

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

this guy screaming about the dude being high is really harshing the vibe

definitely hung out with that guy at a show before

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Hit Man posted:

Does Triller make money hand over fist or something? This is a shitload of celebs and acts showing up for a payday (and presumably to get hosed up)

money laundering, we have to assume

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this looks like an actual boxing match, weird

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i was gonna go do dishes but snoop is on commentary, you got me again triller!!!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

al and snoop should be the only people in the booth for any future triller shows theyve got chemistry

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Alaois posted:

thank you snoop, for defending your friend al

:hmmyes:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

thank god they remembered what people are here for

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010