Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

devmd01 posted:

Now it’s may! :hellyeah:

Now give me another week and I’ll be fully covered from my 2nd shot, so let’s do this! :getin:

I know its probably unlikely, but you can see the full barcode on your photo, someone could potentially edit it so that it can be scanned.

Unlikely as I said, but I'd rather you didn't get scammed on the ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
lmao bitcoin sponsorship for ECR

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1393318826847178752

RICK

WARE

RACING

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Grosjean on pole position is pretty fuckin cool.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also for all the people claiming that you need packs to make people interested, nobody gave a poo poo about the IRL and people did give a poo poo back in the 80s

Indeed. It should also be said early IRL races weren’t pack racing, at least the stuff I’ve seen (‘96-‘97 and a bit of ‘98-‘99) They are bad for other reasons.

I also watched Homestead 1996 and it was a good race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
GMR was a good race. I also think many forget that Grosjean is a good driver.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Frond posted:

GMR was a good race. I also think many forget that Grosjean is a good driver.

Indeed, was a bit of a slow burn but it was exciting. I think a liiiitle bit of distance tweaking to open up the strategy a bit more would have been better but that's always the question in play with a fixed distance race. Wasn't quite the banger as the Harvest GP 1 last year but track temp played a lot into that as well as the race distance (5 laps longer).

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 18, 2021

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone know what's up with the Racing Electronics people? They don't have rentals available in their website for ANY Indycar events this year and don't have the OTA programmable scanners available anymore. Did Penske give them the boot in favor of another company or something?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Reynold posted:

Anyone know what's up with the Racing Electronics people? They don't have rentals available in their website for ANY Indycar events this year and don't have the OTA programmable scanners available anymore. Did Penske give them the boot in favor of another company or something?

I doubt Roger would have given them the boot but their presence at the track has been smaller and smaller and smaller every year. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided that they weren't getting enough out of Indycar to justify showing up anymore.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://youtu.be/BUMsD3y5dw8?list=PL_CdYah-xRnMm5RI_oQmf3Fw-bEBH00Q3&t=1174

Yikes.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I doubt Roger would have given them the boot but their presence at the track has been smaller and smaller and smaller every year. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided that they weren't getting enough out of Indycar to justify showing up anymore.

Well that sucks. Any other fan favorite over-the-air programmable scanners out there I should look into?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just get a BC75XLT, they are cheap. You can program it via usb/serial. Also useful as a weather radio.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

devmd01 posted:

Just get a BC75XLT, they are cheap. You can program it via usb/serial. Also useful as a weather radio.

Yeah, I have one of these and it works great at TMS (and Portland). Except at COTA. I guess its too big or they don't broadcast it over the air?

Also I love hearing the broadcasters during commercial breaks, it can be really entertaining.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 19, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
God help me I am insane for trying this but gently caress it, it’s time. I’m taking Friday afternoon off, picking up our twin 4 year old boys from preschool, then pulling our almost 7 year old daughter from school a little early and taking them all to the track. I figure fast Friday would be the best time for them to go because I want them all to see just how fast they can go.

Wish me luck!

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

devmd01 posted:

Snagged one this morning, got it running on my PC, and entered the frequencies for practice. Might not get to the track to test it until the weekend tho. Any advice for a total newb, things to enable/disable, etc?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Mostly how to lockout channels and/or banks of channels. I set mine up where bank 1 holds race control, radio/tv frequencies, etc, and I also throw ones for any support series in there as well. Each subsequent bank is programmed with all the driver frequencies per series, I.e bank 2 INDYCAR, bank 3 nascar. That way it’s easy to just remove lockout on bank #1 and it will immediately hop to 454.000 since it’s the first slot on the bank.

Sometimes there will be digital noise on a driver frequency and you’ll need to lock that channel out from scanning as well.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 19, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Gotta build the next fans, one visit at a time.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Cushions. :cheers:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Love it!

Also insanely jealous of you and the kids. One day I hope to get to watch an Indy 500 live. Bit hard at the moment coming from Australia though :)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

devmd01 posted:

Gotta build the next fans, one visit at a time.

Hell yes, good plan.

Are they on just earpro or the scanner? Having a scanner was how my tender young ears first learned about King Hiro.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just earpro for today. I brought the scanners and ear buds to fit underneath the muffs but I had enough going on with taking them solo and didn’t get them out.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

yeah they need to fix this next year

https://twitter.com/cbenci_5_27/status/1396223928801153024

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did I see right that 31st was faster than 30th? How did that happen.

(Bring back Bump Day, tia.)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did I see right that 31st was faster than 30th? How did that happen.

(Bring back Bump Day, tia.)

Palou was already in the race on a faster time so his other run is listed after P30.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Andre Ribiero has passed away. RIP.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
He was much better than most give him credit for.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Frond posted:

He was much better than most give him credit for.

“I’ll take things that won’t be said about Marco Andretti for $200, Alex.”

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Ribiero was essentially tasked with developing the 1995-spec Honda motor.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Ribiero got a Penske ride when they were almost done developing some of the worst cars to ever take to track, on the worst racing tires ever. feels bad man

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
:boom:
https://twitter.com/IndyCaronNBC/status/1396540463386087426

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Ribiero got a Penske ride when they were almost done developing some of the worst cars to ever take to track, on the worst racing tires ever. feels bad man

He was shaken very badly by the Goodyears and never came to terms with how they behaved.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

first fatality at Indianapolis in years

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
Putting Dixon for the win, Ed will crash.

this is my prediction and nothing more

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Holy smokes it's race week. Is anyone actually able to go this year?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Went to the GP, going to the 500 as well. Went out there for bump day too, it was pretty cool watching Power smack the wall but stay on the gas to make it in.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I just hope the forecast holds, the weather looks to be fantastic. I know what I’m getting into every year in the SW vista but it’s nice to not completely bake in the sun all day.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Same, that temperature looks like the nicest 500 weather in ages.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

devmd01 posted:

I just hope the forecast holds, the weather looks to be fantastic. I know what I’m getting into every year in the SW vista but it’s nice to not completely bake in the sun all day.

SW vista best vista

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm sure I'll never be lucky enough to sit there for the race, but you cannot beat E Penthouse.