Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Music: ASTER

Hey, let's start things off with one of the best songs in the game!

She sometimes looks up at you, and simply smiles. Even without words, you can feel what she's feeling.

???: Also, Kukrushka's expressiveness, and her refined, subtle movements... They are indeed eloquent beyond words. She is, in her way, the picture of perfection of a young lady.

Meet Jonas and Kukrushka. They are both...interesting, for very different reasons.

Kukrushka's age is unknown, but she seems to be a youngish teenager, around 15 at my guess. Also she doesn't talk.

Hmph, rather tactless, but... Apparently the situation is urgent. Come, we must go!

So of course, these two will be joining the deliberations. On to them, then!

Music: Suspicion

Haha, looks like she's alright! OK then, let's get started, eh?

Even though Kukrushka doesn't talk, she still has no problem holding her own in the debates.

Round 1 - Gina and SQ are the Engineer claims this time.

Round 2 - It wouldn't be Day 1 without Raqio garnering suspicion, with Stella leading the charge. Shigemichi and Chipie don't think they're Gnosia though.

Round 3 - SQ decides to also target Raqio, with Stella jumping back in. Shigemichi and Chipie once again defend Raqio, but this time so does Cassidy.

Round 4 - Everyone's pretty suspect of Gina it seems like. Chipie, Raqio, and SQ all target her, though Comet comes to her defense.

Round 5 - Comet and Shigemichi focus on Jonas, though Raqio doesn't think it's him.

Music: Voting

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Raqio is iced with a near-majority.

I shall remain here. I have some... stuff to which I must attend.

Jonas is, uh, interesting. He has a rather weird manner of speaking, and he has major creep vibes.

We pay a visit to Kukrushka during the night. Kukrushka doesn't really care as much about who's Gnosia or whatever, when she's human she's loyal to a fault. This is great when she's on your side, and utterly infuriating when you're against her, especially since she's also difficult to target for cold sleep. But if you can get her on her side, she'll very likely stick with you to the bitter end.

We lucked into the Guardian Angel protecting the right person.

Reports - Kukrushka is human according to Gina, while SQ has Stella as human.

Round 1 - Jonas wants to lead the charge. Well, alright then.

Was Raqio, put into sleep yesterday, the true Gnosia? Was the decision you made the correct one?
I mean, like, yeah? I think? But we like, don't reeeaaally know, so like, what're you gonna do...?

It's also time for a new role! The Doctor will automatically check anyone put into cold sleep the previous day (including multiple people if that happens) and confirm whether they're human or Gnosia. A good way to figure out if you're making positive progress!

...Of course, like the Engineer, the Doctor can also be claimed by the Gnosia and the AC Follower, so the information isn't largely useful right now. Still, we know one of Gina or SQ is a Gnosia/AC Follower, and at least one of Setsu and Jonas is a Gnosia/AC Follower (both could be if it turned out Raqio was the actual doctor)!

Well then... allow me to present the results of my examination. Yesterday, Raqio was put into cold sleep, and was indeed... NOT Gnosia! This is the whole of the information with which I can provide you now. I implore you to use it wisely and effectively.

We can now access the Doctor reports. We didn't get Setsu's analysis, but they also confirmed Raqio was human. Like with Engineers, the Gnosia can choose whether to report the frozen as Human or Gnosia. Reporting too many people as Gnosia can backfire of course.

Round 2 - Immediately, everyone's skeptical about Jonas. Shigemichi, Gina, and Cassidy suspect him, though Kukrushka thinks he's alright. Jonas is like Raqio in that he's an easy first day vote since he's a weirdo and his gameplay can be a bit chaotic. He's really not a dependable presence, so you don't really gain much keeping him around.

That said, I think he's the false Doctor here, which is why Cassidy is targeting him.

Round 3 - Kukrushka won't hesitate to go after others just because she can't talk. She targets SQ, with Chipie joining in, though Stella and Shigemichi go to her defense.

Round 4 - Nothing too exciting here. More suspicion of Jonas from Stella and Shigemichi.

Round 5 - Setsu also suspects SQ, with Kukrushka jumping in hard. Jonas goes to her defense in the most Jonas-like way, as does Stella.

Talk of targeting SQ amounts to just Kukrushka targeting her, who can really harbor some grudges. Otherwise, Jonas is the easy vote here.

We've got an event with Kukrushka this time.

Music: This is a Lie

(SQ is lying. Kukrushka tells you this. So Cassidy, I need your help. Let's put SQ into cold sleep. Kukrushka is counting on you.)

Don't remember if this came up yet, so in case it didn't, sometimes events will show a character telling you they caught another character lying, and asking you to team up against them. Of course, sometimes that character is lying, and if they are you've got decent chances of catching them in a lie.

For now, I feel inclined to believe Kukrushka. She won't hesitate to lie, of course, but she probably wouldn't be so aggressive against SQ in particular if she was Gnosia, plus even if Kukrushka is Gnosia I'd rather be on her good side than her next target.

Anyway poor one out for Shigemichi.

Reports - Setsu confirms Jonas was Gnosia...except they're clearly lying.

Meanwhile, Gina confirms Setsu is Gnosia, while SQ states Kukrushka is human. That is a massive help, as it means Setsu and SQ are our threats. We know Setsu isn't the true Doctor, and we can believe Kukrushka now that SQ isn't the Engineer due to the Engineer reports. Humans won't lie about catching people in a lie, so if SQ is saying Kukrushka is human, that means if SQ is the Engineer, Kukrushka is right to doubt her, which would be a contradiction since SQ wouldn't be lying (and as I noticed a bit later, Gina also confirmed Kukrushka as human, thus with both Engineers claiming it Kukrushka is a Confirmed Human). This means Gina must be the Engineer, and thus Setsu must be Gnosia. SQ could still be the AC Follower, but there's no harm in taking her out too.

Right, so we've got our targets.

Round 1 - Since Kukrushka is more suspicious of SQ, Cassidy targets her first, even if Setsu's the bigger threat. Kukrushka of course joins in, but Stella's skeptical.

Round 2 - Chipie and Kukrushka suspect Comet. Setsu, Cassidy, and SQ jump her to defense.

...You would think I would've noticed Setsu and SQ defending Comet. If so, you're not paying attention to my win record.

Round 3 - SQ and Stella think Gina's being very quiet. Cassidy and Comet defend her, as Cassidy knows Gina is human.

Round 4 - Comet and Kukrushka go after SQ. Stella is still defending her.

Round 5 - Kukrushka will not relent against SQ, and this apparently finally wins over Chipie. Stella is still adamantly pro-SQ.

Gina goes for her confirmed Gnosia target, which is understandable, but not for the person who counter-claimed her and who everyone else was targeting. Poor decision, but at least Stella's idiocy means the worst that happens for now is a revote.

Round 1 - Setsu immediately goes for blood, trying to take out the Engineer and take control of the game. Stella and Chipie join in, but Cassidy and Comet are against it.

Round 2 - Cassidy and Comet go after SQ in response, but Stella is still adamantly on SQ's side.

Welp, we're deadlocked.

Kukrushka wants blood. As much as it would suck to get rid of the Engineer, taking out a threat is not a terrible idea as well.

That said, it's a draw at 3-3. Kukrushka, Cassidy, and Chipie are for freezing everyone, with Comet, Stella, and Setsu against it.

Of course, once Chipie suggests it, suddenly it's 5-1 with Setsu and Comet jumping ship. Only Stella opposes, as she really wants SQ to stick around for whatever reason.

If you eliminate the target someone wants you to eliminate, they will thank you. Definitely doesn't hurt to further garner Kukrushka's loyalty!

This time it's Chipie who's taken out.

Let's ignore the fact we caught Setsu and SQ lying. This seems suspicious, but Setsu is making the right move here. They reported Jonas as Gnosia already, so if they said Gina (or SQ) was Gnosia, then they'd be revealed as a fake since the game should be over then. It's still possible that Gina could be the AC Follower and AC Followers will appear as human if targeted by the Engineer or Doctor. This was really Setsu's only play, and they know what they're doing enough to not make the dumb mistake here.

That said, there's still at least one Gnosia in Setsu, and possibly a second if SQ was the AC Follower.

Round 1 - Cassidy's the next target, with Comet and Setsu going for them. Kukrushka comes to our aid.

This is trouble, though. Kukurushka's likely to follow our fight against Setsu, but we'd still need to win over one of Comet and Stella. Stella seems a difficult sell since we've been arguing against her all game, and if Comet's suspicious of us...

Round 2 - Anyway, Cassidy responds by going after Setsu. Both Stella and Comet come to Setsu's defense, so things are already not looking good here.

Round 3 - Kukrushka focuses on Comet next, though Setsu jumps to Comet's defense. At this point, we're really just delaying the inevitable.

Round 4 - Setsu and Comet target Cassidy. Kukrushka is as loyal as ever.

Round 5 - Cassidy tries one last time to target Setsu. Comet laughs it off.

In the end, unsurprisingly it's Cassidy that gets frozen. The two of us couldn't even agree on the right target.

It turns out the other Gnosia was Comet all along. Props to her, Comet played that really well, even playing along with our side for a time.

Anyway, Kukrushka knew SQ was lying immediately.

SQ also caught both Comet and Setsu lying, which of course helped SQ a ton since she was the AC Follower. She was able to take out the true Engineer with her, so props to SQ for a job well done.

And of course, Kukrushka caught Comet lying in that last day, which is why she gunned so heavily for her. Maaaaaybe if I followed Kukrushka's lead, we could've somehow turned Stella, but honestly I doubt it. Stella seemed firmly in Setsu and Comet's camp.

Sucks to have another loss, but I can't be too upset about that one. That was just a solid job all around by the Gnosia and AC Follower, and I made a couple mistakes like ignoring Comet (I genuinely thought SQ was the other Gnosia) and choosing to freeze both Gina and SQ (even if it probably wouldn't have mattered since that second vote was 5-1). Oh well, that was a fun one!

So let's go for another!

Music: Remind Me

It's been a while since we've started a new loop together, Cassidy. Well for me, at least.

You asked how to produce this "Key".

Hehe... Sorry, never mind. In that case Cassidy, just try thinking that you want to produce a "Key".
You try thinking about producing a "Key"...

Everything you've experience in past loops is recorded on that "Key". And by touching them together...

...Loop 158?

Anyway, this unlocks the expanded crew data. Now we get little bios and tidbits about them as well as their general stats. I'm gonna wait and show them off in a separate update, either soon or after I unlock the remaining characters (besides Yuriko, we have three left).

Also, maybe your body hasn't fully gotten used to the "Key" just yet. It looks like situational settings aren't functioning. It should start working, given a bit of time.

Cassidy, you and I are the only ones for whom loop memories are saved. But the others retain the same personalities throughout each loop. Get to know how they think and behave, and it could help you survive.

You replied that you'll help search together.
Hehe... thanks. I'm glad to hear it. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot we can do... I guess we just have to do the best we can under the circumstances.

This time we finally get to be the Guardian Angel. It can be difficult to execute well, but it's one of the handiest roles to be in some situations.

Oh yeah and Setsu's Gnosia.

...Wait. What!?

So why did Setsu flat-out tell us they were Gnosia? Should we just immediately target them?

...For now, let's wait and see.

Round 1 - Kukrushka goes for Chipie early. Shigemichi and Gina aren't biting.

Round 2 - Shigemichi and Stella are doubting Setsu, so Cassidy takes the opportunity to jump in. Cassidy's not going to go hard against Setsu, but if others are doing it, it makes sense to jump in, right? Comet's not going along with this.

Round 3 - The Engineer reveals are Raqio and SQ.

Round 4 - Comet and Setsu are after Chipie, and once again Shigemichi and Gina are on the same page in defending him.

Round 5 - The Doctor reveals are Jonas and Gina.

This means our Gnosia and AC Follower are Setsu, one of SQ and Raqio, and one of Gina and Jonas. Of course, Cassidy is the only one to know about Setsu...

The vote's a scattered mess, but Chipie got enough attention to get iced.

We paid a visit to Jonas during the night.

This was a few days ago so I don't remember why I chose to save Comet. It doesn't really matter, I guess. The Doctor and Engineer claims probably aren't going to die, so it's a one-in-four chance of saving a human.

Sadly, those are low odds.

Reports - Chipie was Gnosia for Jonas and human for Gina.

Meanwhile, Shigemichi was human for Raqio, while SQ finds Gina to be clear.

Round 1 - Gina and SQ suspect Raqio because Raqio is Raqio. Jonas, Kukrushka, and Setsu come to their defense.

Round 2 - Raqio targets Gina in return, with backing from Jonas. Stella, Cassidy, and Kukrushka think Gina's OK.

Round 3 - Comet and Gina doubt Jonas. Kukrushka defends him.

Round 4 - Setsu targets Kukrushka. Gina isn't convinced.

Round 5 - Raqio onces again targets Gina, and once again Jonas assists. The Gina hate is overblown as Stella, Kukrushka, and Comet fight back against it.

A three-way tie. Of course, now that I don't vote for Setsu...

Round 1 - Gina decides to capitalize and target Setsu. Raqio and Jonas thinks they're fine though.

Round 2 - Jonas decides to declare his loyalty to Setsu in his usual Jonas manner. Gina and Cassidy argue otherwise.

Turns out the suspicion against Setsu isn't enough to overcome Jonas's Jonasness.

Hmmmm....

Not if I have any say in the matter!

Gina's not Gnosia. She could still be the AC Follower, but even so I think she's an ally. Glad I picked up on that hint!

Reports - As for the Engineers, Raqio cleared Setsu, meaning Raqio's clearly lying (only to us since only we know Setsu is Gnosia). SQ cleared Stella, meanwhile.

Meanwhile, turns out Jonas was human as well. This means the fake Doctor is an AC Follower, and the two Gnosia are Setsu and Raqio.

Of course, only we know this, since Setsu told us they were Gnosia, and we only know Gina's human because we saved her from the Gnosia killing her.

Also, thanks to Jonas's fake report we can confirm Gina is the actual Doctor. Not that it really matters much, but at least we know the AC Follower is gone. That still leaves two Gnosia, however...

Round 1 - Things get frustrating quickly, as Comet quickly jump at Cassidy, with assistance from Raqio. Kukrushka's as loyal as ever, at least.

Round 2 - I don't know what we did, but we're suddenly target number one. Stella, SQ, and Raqio all go against us, while Kukrushka and Setsu (!?) defend us.

Round 3 - Well, we need to get a new target out there, and who better than Raqio? SQ agrees, but Comet and Setsu are against it.

Round 4 - Cassidy vouches for Gina, which Raqio refutes.

Round 5 - Gina responds by targeting Raqio for us, with help from Kukrushka. Setsu and Comet oppose.

...are you kidding me. Both Gnosia don't target me, so I'm eliminated entirely by my allies.

I GOT ELIMINATED OVER RAQIO. That's just humiliating.

Yeah, fine, I hope the Gnosia win this one.

SQ and Kukrushka, you're cool.

So, that's it! But before we go, remember the beginning of the loop? When we unlocked some functionality with our "key"?

We can now choose our role when we start! Our options are Crew, Gnosia, Engineer, Doctor, Guardian Angel, AC Follower, and Random.

So choose our roles! (Update: Forgot Gnosia last time.) The top two or three will be the options I choose first, starting with the top choice for Loop 12, and so on. Also, you can vote for multiple options.

Anyway, as you may have noticed from the crew count, next time we'll be meeting a couple more faces as we slowly build our way to a full load-out and try to figure out just what the hell is going on.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU