Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

New loop, same old story. We roll Gnosia with SQ and Comet, everything but Guard Duty.

Music: This is a Lie

Oh yeah. You can go ahead and like, decide who we eliminate. I kinda want you to like, not kill Remnan, though.

...?

Hard to imagine hedonistic SQ and quiet Remnan doing anything together, but apparently they knew each other in the past somehow. Of course, we'll have to wait for more info later.

Music: Suspicion

What's wrong, Remnan? You look terrified. Well, I mean... you're always terrified of something, aren't you? So yeah, never mind.
Huh? What...?! Yes, please... d-don't... mind me...! I just sort of... had a bad feeling...

Whatever it was, though, it probably wasn't good.

Engineer claims are Otome, Sha-Ming, and Kukrushka. Note that none of them are Gnosia, so the Bug and AC Follower are involved. Perfect.

Remnan and Cassidy are pro-Raqio. My Gnosia playstyle has become hardcore supporting a human so I look active without getting caught in lies.

Though I'm more willing to stick my neck out now that Performance is getting higher.

Comet ends up getting iced without any real focus on her. Kind of a loss, but Comet's usually not going to last very long as Gnosia anyway.

Anyway, time for another event! This one has Otome, Remnan, and Sha-Ming.

Music: Enjoying My Routine

Oh... I see...
Lucky you! Why not just keep running?
No, everyone must be really worried. I want to hurry up and get back to the laboratory.

Music: This is a Lie

I disagree. Dr. Yoshikado is so nice. He always pets my head.

Please... stop it! Why must you...
Hah, I know what's up. Dudes with power are always quick to kick the little guy to the curb. Intelligent or not, animals is animals. Do you let 'em live, or kill 'em? It all depends on how the researchers happen to feel that day.

Calm down, man. Take it easy, OK? Anyways, see ya tomorrow, if you're still alive.

And on that classy note, Sha-Ming leaves.

Music: A Ray of Hope

Even with what he's saying, his voice is kind. I can tell, Sha-Ming is actually a good person. I'm sure of it.

So was Sha-Ming just saying dickish things because he actually wants the best for Otome? Or is he just a dick? Maybe both!

Anyway, we learn Otome has a crush on her researcher, and that Sha-Ming really hates authority.

Oh boy! I opt to kill Kukrushka since the Engineer claims are freebies, with a 1/3 chance to kill the true Engineer and a 1/3 chance to find the Bug, barring Guardian Angel shenanigans.

The Gnosia really luck out, as the true Engineer rooted out the Bug! So Otome was the Bug, and whether Kukrushka was the Engineer or AC Follower will depend on who Sha-Ming investigated...

...which makes it likely Sha-Ming is the true Engineer, though he could also be a very lucky AC Follower!

SQ and Remnan are the Doctor claims. Remnan must be the true Doctor since the other roles have claimed.

Weirdly, everyone starts suspecting Sha-Ming to be an enemy, probably because two other Engineer claims died, and it's unlikely we'd have three Engineer claims with none of them being Gnosia.

Unlikely, but of course, not impossible.

Recently, I feel as though someone is watching me in the shower. It's more creepy than scary, really.
You guys ever heard of the face pox? Tiny faces, popping up all over you. It's a real thing, seriously. I got them on my belly. I'll show ya if you wanna see...
Have you ever heard... singing on this ship? I sometimes hear it... from the empty cargo bay...

Anyway, after all that...

...Sha-Ming is eliminated. Success, no more Engineers!

Stella wants to team up with trustworthy ol' Cassidy. Sure, why not.

It's not like Setsu was doing much of note this loop anyway, and they can be a threat at times.

Reports:

Remnan (H.D) - Sha-Ming was Human.
SQ (G.D) - Sha-Ming was Gnosia.

Nice try.

At this point, it doesn't matter. We take out Chipie, and...

An easy victory.

Music: Shooting Stars Go Away

Pretty much as suspected, Sha-Ming was the Engineer and Kukrushka the AC Follower. Otherwise, the Guardian Angel was Chipie.

The only lie spotted.

It might have been a good sign that Kukrushka was killed, as she might have raised suspicion on Cassidy, depending on her report.

Also, the notes will point out when someone is "likely" an enemy. Of course, the funny thing about probability is that unlikely events can and will happen, as we experienced here.

A nearly-full crew, but no Guardian Angel to protect us, so it's a lot riskier to out ourselves as Engineer.

Anyway, this loop starts off on a very serious note...

Music: Suspicion

Hmph... Gina. You heard LeVi's announcement, didn't you? Why were you late?

Miso soup and dried sardines.

Heey hey hey, hold up. That's just kinda stupid, man.

It's the most random and fluffiest of any of these conversations, and I love it.

Especially since this is apparently an important trait to learn about Gina. Of course, it never comes up again.

I guess Comet doesn't like Japanese food...?

The whole first day is an intense battle over the merits of Japanese cuisine. Many lengthy arguments occur. Truly the greatest battle of words we've seen in this game yet.

In the end, while nobody could agree where Japanese food ranks among the numerous types of Earth cuisines, a majority did agree that Shigemichi is suss as gently caress and should be thrown in the freezer.

I don't think I'll ever use this, but it gets me closer to unlocking Definite Human/Enemy.

We lose Stella in the meantime, as the Gnosia were upset by her trying to derail Food Chat.

Kukrushka is human, of course. There's nothing evil about borscht.

Though Raqio got much ire due to spending the entire debate expousing the virtues of Soylent, in the end everyone got sick of Remnan's waffling over what to eat next. Seriously, Remnan, we know you don't care what we eat, but loving choose something!

At this point, even the Gnosia have had enough of Gina's constant admiration of Japanese food and shut her up, permanently.

Naturally, Jonas has a refined palate, so he must be fine.

The Great Food Debates continued, and people found themselves sick of hearing from both Setsu and Raqio's bland opinions on food.

I'm not exaggerating, it was a tough choice on choosing only one to freeze...

Which is why both Setsu and Raqio were frozen, by unanimous vote. Cassidy suggested it, and Sha-Ming, Kukrushka, Otome, Yuriko, Comet, Jonas, and Chipie all agreed. It's impressive, anyway.

I'm out of good lines about people arguing about food so pretend Cassidy got so sick of it they just jumped out the airlock themselves and decided to just jump right to another loop.

Turns out icing both Setsu and Raqio was a good move.

The main issue is we've pretty much seen most of what there is to see with these debates, so that means game recaps will get briefer and briefer. That's fine, though, as that will speed up the pace of the actual LP (theoretically, anyway, if the drat LPer would update more...) and put more focus on the events of the game.

That's kind of the twist, at first the game is all about the actual Mafia-esque gameplay, slowly expanding that outward, but eventually it grows into trying to learn as much as you can about your fellow cast, to the point where you may play sub-optimally for your side just to advance the story.

This is a weird one. Full crew, two Gnosia and an AC Follower, with the only other role being the Engineer. Things are gonna be a bit risky here...

With no Guardian Angel, nobody requests claims, and I'm certainly not going to stick my neck out when I'm an easy target for the Gnosia. So it's just more randomness, resulting in the usual easy targets getting attention. In this case, Comet gets iced.

We lose Gina.

The Engineer gets asked to reveal, so Cassidy does. This also results in Raqio revealing themselves as scum, at least to us.

Anyway, nothing exciting from the investigations.

Cassidy (H.E) - Remnan is Human.
Raqio (E.E) - Kukrushka is Human.

Anyway, Setsu gets iced for reasons. Yep.

Anyway, it's time to hang out with Stella and Shigemichi.

Music: In the Unknown Ship

Yes... indeed.

You ask what "cyberized" means.
Hm...? Cassidy, you don't know cyberization? That's pretty rare these days.

Those undergoing cyberization can preserve their consciousness online almost for eternity. In exchange, however, the physical body must be given up.
Yeah, so if you get cyberized, you can play video games forever! Nothing with motion controls, but still.

Huh?
Cyberization merely preserves the consciousness. Unless you are recalculated and reconstructed on a network, you would not be able to actually think nor act. And recalculation costs an extremely large amount of money... To be able to play video games forever, you would require quite a substantial fortune...
For real? drat, that... that sucks.

Well, uh, actually... A long time ago, I received this message.

You pointed out that that is clearly just a scam.

Shigemichi... It's a good thing you didn't undergo cyberization.
Huh? Really?

Alright then, I'll be off now.

And after Stella leaves...

Ummmmmm

So yep. Shigemichi's now in love with Stella since she was too nice to outright laugh at Shigemichi's face at his weird story. Sure, why not.

In case you were wondering how far Shigemichi's love can take you...not very.

Reports:

Cassidy (H.E) - Kukrushka is Human.
Raqio (E.E) - Otome is Human.

Since we revealed on Day 2 and there's an AC Follower, that doesn't mean Kukrushka is Definite Human.

I'm gonna guess the latter. Jonas did put some heat on us, but calmer minds prevailed, at least for today.

Devious move by the Gnosia. Now Cassidy's gonna really be suspicious.

At least we got a Gnosia, but probably too little, too late...

Yeah. You'd think the other crew members would stop relying just on probability with their actions, especially since it's now screwed them over twice in three loops.

SQ and Jonas were the Gnosia. They played that game well, considering.

Honestly, this one doesn't matter.

Cassidy gets iced on Day 2 just because, well, gotta ice someone, I guess!

Yeah, why not.

I'll probably start doing more loops and focusing less on the games (or at least the games where Cassidy goes out early or nothing exciting happens) and more on the events in between, but of course who knows what's next in store for us. See you next time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU