Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
I get why it would've been too much work to add with this sort of setup, but it is kind of sad to not have more complex gambits like lying/hiding info as human or withholding the nightkill as Gnosia... though that sort of thing would prob be more relevant in a setting with broader/more complex role options (shoutout to the old game I came across once where the scum aimed the kill at one of their own one night bc they suspected that the bus driver would target them and thus redirect it onto a townie, and it worked)

also, dang, Shigemichi old :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

This game would just kick my rear end...

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

That's... one hell of an escalation. :magical:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I am hype for Bug, it could secretly be the best/easiest role for Cassidy to win with as long as there's no true Engi or they get offed quickly along with having decent Stealth. Wish I had made a new post instead of editing my last one...

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

e: Bug seems like a somewhat harder on-paper, but otherwise very natural fit for the ultimate goal of surviving to the end of the round. Only the true Engineer can nightkill them, and if they have high Stealth, they're less likely to be targeted and found out by the Gnosia, which means they have a lot more power to read the room and side with whatever social bloc within the crowd looks most solid vs. actively having to dismantle one side or the other. It's easy to see them as potentially, given the right playstyle and enough Stealth investment, the best role so far.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I am hype for Bug, it could secretly be the best/easiest role for Cassidy to win with as long as there's no true Engi or they get offed quickly along with having decent Stealth. Wish I had made a new post instead of editing my last one...

If it's anything like the equivalent mafia role (Survivor), they'll actually be incredibly disadvantaged, seeing as how they're an obvious target for the humans if revealed (even before adding in the whole "universe is destroyed" deal, since they have the potential to flip an endgame vote for the Gnosia's benefit if doing so would net them a win) but don't get the benefits of extra information and teamwork like the Gnosia have. Still looking forward to seeing how they play out here, though!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Zyxyz posted:

If it's anything like the equivalent mafia role (Survivor), they'll actually be incredibly disadvantaged, seeing as how they're an obvious target for the humans if revealed (even before adding in the whole "universe is destroyed" deal, since they have the potential to flip an endgame vote for the Gnosia's benefit if doing so would net them a win) but don't get the benefits of extra information and teamwork like the Gnosia have. Still looking forward to seeing how they play out here, though!

That's just it though, a Bug never actually has to lie to survive to endgame and in fact a completely honest Bug who doesn't claim a role and manages their interactions properly and has good Stealth a) can only be nightkilled by the true Engineer, so if they're knocked out the Bug only has to avoid cold sleep and b) can only be found out logically by the Gnosia attempting a nightkill on them, which if they have enough Stealth won't happen. Without either of those options functioning for the teams, it's a guessing game that the Bug can turn either against the Gnosia or against the crew somewhat at their leisure for a win. They are definitely harder on paper, but since the crew will only ever catch role-related lies as explained in the tutorial (thinking X or Y is fishy when they definitely aren't doesn't count outside someone explicitly pointing it out), a Bug that plays as boring crew after getting the Engineer out seems like they could stand a good chance of making it through easily as long as they also get some trust and don't mess that up.

e: Although there is that bit about the AC Follower being caught in a lie in a way I don't recall fully, among other things... it just seems like it could be a lot easier than it looks. They look pretty aligned with the EXP system at any rate and kinda fun as a chaos role.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 16, 2021

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I'm getting the feeling whatever is trapping Setsu and Cassidy in the time loop is a much bigger threat than the Gnos, as Setsu seemed to be self-aware when they were turned Gnosia rather than being overridden by...whatever that was.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I've never played this game before, but it seems that even with our high-ish Stealth stat, we get voted off quite often. Given that our Charm and Performance are low, I wonder if we'd be better off just never saying anything ever.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
At the moment, it seems more like we're getting targeted for saying too little. My experience is that it's usually safe to make one direct accusation per day and then react to other people's statements for the rest of the debate. Two is usually okay but not always, and three is really pushing it.

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 16, 2021

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Huh well that's certainly an interesting role and a way to escalate things. So basically it sounds like if they win, they rob any side of their victory. So Gnosia can't off them, so that's an extra incentive for them to keep the real engineer alive. Because if they take out the engineer, they'll have to somehow get the Bug to go to cold sleep to win after that.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Now I want to see a massive clusterfuck where the Engineer, Gnosia, AC, and Bug all claim the role on day 1.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

BisbyWorl posted:

Now I want to see a massive clusterfuck where the Engineer, Gnosia, AC, and Bug all claim the role on day 1.

You can go one better. Multiple AI Gnosia won't fake-claim the same role, but nothing stops you from doing so after a fellow Gnosia does so. It's possible to have the real Engineer and up to four fakes that way. It's glorious.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I'm glad to see Shigemichi has eschewed social mores and parades around au naturel. Getting to 88 does that to you.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I mean when you've got a body like that, you've got to flaunt it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Okay so with the last role revealed I am in the camp that this a machinelearning algorithm for shipboard AIs that is trying to train itself in how to spot Gnosia. That's why the "bug" causes errors causing the universe to explode.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I'm getting the feeling whatever is trapping Setsu and Cassidy in the time loop is a much bigger threat than the Gnos, as Setsu seemed to be self-aware when they were turned Gnosia rather than being overridden by...whatever that was.

That's quite possible but I suspect that a combination of Setsu being around for more than a hundred loops so far and remembering what happens in previous loops has allowed them to build up a solid resistance to doing Very Gnosia Things. Then again, aside from Stella every time so far that Cassidy reached the end of a losing loop as a human the Gnosia that confronted them was at least trying to not act like a slavering murderfiend. Setsu was aware enough to state their distaste of killing people before deciding to get the loop over with, Raqio was more interested in chewing the scenery as a cartoonish supervillain and Gina kept playing nice (followed by Cassidy realizing too late that she'd been lying).

Time will tell if someone else has a Stella-like reaction, although that will require that Mega stops getting Cassidy turned into cold cuts. :haw:

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Falconer posted:

That's quite possible but I suspect that a combination of Setsu being around for more than a hundred loops so far and remembering what happens in previous loops has allowed them to build up a solid resistance to doing Very Gnosia Things. Then again, aside from Stella every time so far that Cassidy reached the end of a losing loop as a human the Gnosia that confronted them was at least trying to not act like a slavering murderfiend. Setsu was aware enough to state their distaste of killing people before deciding to get the loop over with, Raqio was more interested in chewing the scenery as a cartoonish supervillain and Gina kept playing nice (followed by Cassidy realizing too late that she'd been lying).

Time will tell if someone else has a Stella-like reaction, although that will require that Mega stops getting Cassidy turned into cold cuts. :haw:

Setsu's also got the most dramatically evil Gnosia transformation of all that we've seen, honestly.

I suspect we're going to come back to that idea of talking to the Gnosia.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question, what is the gameplay versus storyline ratio breakdown? After the tutorial loops are done do you need to play 3-4 loops before you get story about the story or characters?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Donkringel posted:

Question, what is the gameplay versus storyline ratio breakdown? After the tutorial loops are done do you need to play 3-4 loops before you get story about the story or characters?

Storyline is drip-fed in unique cutscenes that usually depend on an appropriate configuration of the game, some of which is within your control (which role to play, how many players), and some of which is not (SQ must be Gnosia). The game has an "event search" function that will load up a random game config that's more likely to trigger an event, but it can still be several loops before you get something, especially towards the end when you've already unlocked most of them

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
It's not entirely blind though, the game gives you clues about certain conditions being met/needed. I'm at the end stretch and the last few events have been worth the fumbling imo. Then again I enjoy the gameplay so I don't mind having plotless loops.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The ones that give people the most trouble(going by posts in the Games thread) have even more direct hints given in the How to Play section Mega just showed off(although you're not likely to think of looking there when you're at the point of having only a few events left to find).

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
You sold me on the game pretty much. Watched.

Quick question: Is it possible to spot sus behavior from the accusations and such alone?

Like, i.e. Gina catching some sus from stella, getting defended by SQ and immediately throwing them under the bus when it looks possible to get them frozen?

Or is mostly claim based? I'm having trouble spotting if the AI is logical enough for that kind of thing or if its just emergent gameplay from random accusations and intuition checks, that kind of thing.

JeffRaze
Mar 13, 2021

Yami Fenrir posted:

You sold me on the game pretty much. Watched.

Quick question: Is it possible to spot sus behavior from the accusations and such alone?

Like, i.e. Gina catching some sus from stella, getting defended by SQ and immediately throwing them under the bus when it looks possible to get them frozen?

Or is mostly claim based? I'm having trouble spotting if the AI is logical enough for that kind of thing or if its just emergent gameplay from random accusations and intuition checks, that kind of thing.

I think it depends on the character. Because they each have different playstyles, you can learn how they approach things as Human vs Gnosia and figure things out that way.

EDIT: There's also the given example of stuff like Comet having high intuition, so if she swerves into going after someone hard there's a pretty good chance she caught them in a lie.

JeffRaze fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 20, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How big would you say that giving someone a role affects their playstyle?

Like we know that Gnoisa!Raqio will slam that Fake Claim A Role button hard, but, like, is Doctor!Kukrushka any different than normal Crew!Kukrushka? is Engineer!Chipie any different than Crew!Chipie, etc.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Bought this game and completed it thanks to this LP. It's a really neat game!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

With complete customization, we can set anything up we want. For now, let's go with defaults but choose the Doctor, since we haven't done that role yet.

Music: Suspicion

No special start here, so let's get started.

We start off with Raqio, Yuriko, and Shigemichi all claiming Engineer. Yuriko proceeds to call them both out during the discussions.

Meanwhile, someone asks the Doctor to step forward, so we do. We are the only person to do so, so logically we must be the Doctor. At least we don't have to worry about going to the fridge on this loop!

Shigemichi is Shigemichi, so he gets iced. Raqio doesn't get any votes despite being a prime target!

Since we've got no skills to work towards, it's time to build up our stats. Right now, our main problem is going to cold sleep, and our Stealth is already alright, so I decide to focus on our Charm.

Now that we're basically past the tutorial, random events can start popping up that aren't just people catching lies or wanting to collab. Showing these off will be my primary focus, though of course I'd still like to actually win a game for once...

Music: World of Probability

Though this is a Jonas event, it starts with Cassidy running into Gina and SQ.

Heeeey Cassidy, are you like, going for an evening walk or whatever, too? Let's like, join forces and stuff!

It starts off with Cassidy joining Gina and SQ on a walk around the ship.

You asked Gina what was strange.
This ship... It looks like a newer model, but the interior is strangely old. There's nothing wrong with its functionality. But it looks like something from several centuries ago...

Music: A Sip of Wonder

With the appearance of the Gnosia, it's become a somewhat thrilling trip indeed. Hehe, but what is an adventure without surprises?

Aah, I seem to have forgotten to inform you. Silly me.

So that means... It was Jonas who saved us?
Are you referring to the incident on Liu-An? Ah yes, I gave orders to allow as many as could fit onto this ship. Hehe, that was such a long time ago now.
I was like, screwed, and totally would've died if I hadn't made it on the ship! OMG, so Jonas like, totally saved my life?!
I require no thanks for my efforts. I only did what any respectable, proud man of space would do.

It makes sense that this ship wouldn't just randomly be on Liu-An with no captain. It turns out this ship belongs to Jonas. I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse...

Music: In the Unknown Ship

I feel like he's like, not thinking about much. Apparently he's kinda like, you know... In the head...?

It wouldn't surprise me if Jonas has suffered some sort of mental trauma. You can tell just from his manner of speaking.

Anyway, with that scene we unlock some info on Jonas. He owns the ship we're on, the D.Q.O. I don't remember if the letters are short for anything or are relevant, so feel free to call the ship the Dairy Queen Omega or whatever the hell you want.

Also, whenever we obtain data on a character, they get more powerful in future loops, getting better stats and sometimes new skills. Not that it's really relevant for Jonas since he's too chaotic to be a major threat anyway, but it will be relevant with others later on.

Anyway, turns out Shigemichi was the actual Gnosia Engineer, so the Gnosia decide to take out one of the other two claims, in this case Yuriko. This leaves Raqio, who's either the real Engineer or the AC Follower.

Music: Enjoying My Routine

The music actually changes during Debates if you're a Confirmed Human or Enemy. It's a lot more upbeat since we don't have to fear cold sleep.

But yeah, Raqio says Jonas is clear, and we confirm Shigemichi was a dirty Gnosia, which half the ship probably already knew because Shigemichi is a terrible liar. Other than that, Setsu and Gina confirm they're human as well.

The target starts shifting to Raqio. I join in, but that was a dumb mistake. Even if Raqio is the AC Follower, the AC Follower has no power other than to lie. They aren't an actual threat to us, and it may be worth keeping Raqio around if they are the true Engineer since if we're desperate for leads we can use Raqio's reports and hope for the best.

Remnan throws suspicion at Kukrushka, but it ends up being Comet who gets the most attention this round.

During the night phase, Stella offers to collab. Sure, why not?

We lose Gina, and Comet was human. Eh, can't win them all.

Music: Enjoying My Routine

That's Jonas and Kukrushka clear so far...maybe.

Otherwise, the focus today is between Raqio and Jonas, with a failed collab attempt from SQ to Setsu.

That said, it's a pretty spread-out vote, and it ends with Raqio getting frozen, because Raqio.

During the night phase, SQ claims Otome is lying. Of course, can we trust SQ here...?

Setsu's the next target. And we already knew Raqio was human, but we confirm it anyway. Still doesn't confirm whether they were the AC Follower or not though, so their reports are still a mess.

Kukrushka ends up being the big target this time, with some attention on Jonas, and SQ trying to get the Otome train started.

Kukrushka was the easy target here, and I was starting to suspect her. Otome also seemed loyal to her, so between that and SQ's suggestion I was starting to doubt her too.

Characters have unique dialogue when you're confirmed human, of course. It's a nice feeling if you don't get ganked.

We lose Stella, and it turns out Kukrushka was human all along. We still have two Gnosia to deal with, then...

Otome focuses on Jonas, but I decide Otome is a good next target. Besides, if she is human, that means SQ is definitely a Gnosia and I can take her out the next night.

I also collab with Chipie, who seems to trust us well enough!

So yeah, Otome was an easy one here.

Ahahahaha. I can't even be upset, I got played hard that game. Chipie took advantage of our building trust, and SQ pulled off an effective lie and then got rid of me after I served my usefulness. I think Jonas would've been the next target too so I have to assume the Gnosia won that one. Oh well, that's Gnosia for you.

Let's try helping the odds a bit. Maybe I can win if I get five Gnosia on my side...?

Here's the Gnosia. Comet and Gina are liabilities because they're not great liars, while Raqio and Stella are decent allies, and Jonas is Jonas. At least we don't have Shigemichi to give us away, but it'd be nice to have someone like Yuriko, Setsu, Kukrushka, or even Otome on our side...

There's not much suspicion going on in the first day. Sha-Ming and Chipie are Guard Duty, and Kukrushka quickly jumps to successfully collab with Chipie.

Meanwhile, we have Engineer claims in Raqio and Remnan (the latter being the true Engineer), and the Doctor claims as SQ, Comet (Gnosia), and Shigemichi.

The only person to get targeted after all the reveals is Stella, but even that isn't enough to completely overcome Shigemichi being himself.

I take a risk by targeting Shigemichi, as I'd rather try to keep as many Gnosia alive as possible. The longer the game goes, the more likely Cassidy and their Gnosia buddies will be found out.

Sadly, this does not work out. Tellingly, the only people to vote against Shigemichi were all Gnosia, with only Jonas taking the safe option. His crazy play may be a blessing for this loop...

We've got an event in the shower room this time.

Music: Red Alert

There's a bit of steamy stuff scattered in the game, and that includes perving on people in the shower room. Luckily, in the future nobody really seems to give a poo poo about this, or at least the crew members we can catch in the shower don't seem to care.

Thus, between that, the intense music, and most of the story stuff requiring us to be perverts, Cassidy's going to sneak a peek, though as a responsible adult I must say that you should not do this in real life. Respect people's privacy in real life, please!

Music: Back Street Cats

Hehehe, what a shame! If you were like, a little earlier, you totally could've like, sneaked a peek!

That's like, waaay too long... I think maybe they like, passed out or whatever...?

SQ not only doesn't mind but tries to help us out with perving on someone else. OK, this was all probably a mistake.

Music: Flying Yellow Cucumber

Who's there...?

Yeah, so?

Yeah, and...?

OK, but like, if you've got like, one of "those", then like....

I can't deal with you. I'm going.

So this turns into a rather awkward encounter between Raqio and SQ, with SQ being rather blunt about Raqio's anatomy despite them being non-binary. SQ's usually pretty tactless to begin with, but this is just...yeah.

At any rate, Raqio clearly has no shame about their body, so at least there's that.

So yeah, a rather weird and awkward scene in general. I mean, what did you expect from Cassidy trying to sneak a peek on someone showering...?

So that's what we learned about Raqio. It's not relevant to the rest of their story, it's probably there as more an excuse to elaborate on being non-binary to players not accustomed to the term, since two main characters are non-binary (three in our run with Cassidy).

Yuriko's always a huge threat when she's not on your team, so I generally target her first if I can.

Reports:

Raqio (G.En) -> Kukrushka is Gnosia.
Remnan (H.En) -> SQ is Human.

SQ (?.D) -> Stella was Gnosia.
Comet (G.D) -> Stella was Human.
Shigemichi (?.D) -> Stella was Gnosia.

This info is never going to be too useful to Gnosia, since we already know who is human. If SQ or Shigemichi claimed Stella was Human, then we'd know they were the AC Follower and could try to keep them alive (or use them as a sacrifice), but it would be unwise to lie about someone being Human as fake Doctor with so many Gnosia around, so I can't blame the AC Follower. Not like they would know whether Stella was Gnosia or not!

Honestly, this round is a clusterfuck, accusations flying left and right, with no one really coming to a consensus. This happens from time to time.

Things eventually settle to between Setsu and Comet, with the latter of course being the one iced. Not a great start for the Gnosia so far, though with lots of Gnosia comes lots of opportunities to get iced.

At least Otome helps us out by basically telling us SQ is the AC Follower. Not that she knows this, but this is good for the Gnosia to know!

So of course we reward her for her contribution.

...I feel bad, Otome's one of my favorites.

Reports:

Shigemichi (H.D) -> Comet was Gnosia.
SQ (AC.D) -> Comet was Human.

Remnan (H.E) -> Cassidy is Gnosia (!!!)
Raqio (G.E) -> Gina is Human.

Hopefully Raqio keeps their cover, because if Remnan gets everyone's trust, we're screwed. Fortunately, Raqio's one of the best as far as not revealing themselves as a liar, even if they're prone to getting iced...

It's again a free-for-all. I decide to aim for Shigemichi to try to get a non-Gnosia iced finally.

It backfires.

Aaaand we just barely get iced over Kukrushka. Oof.

At least we took out the Guardian Angel early, while she protected us no less! She also caught Gina lying so that was a solid choice on our end.

As mentioned, Comet's a terrible liar, thus she's a great human ally but a terrible Gnosia ally.

Also it turns out Cassidy's downfall was joining in on targeting Setsu during the tiebreaker on Day 2. We really should've targeted Chipie or Sha-Ming instead of Otome, since they were both confirmed humans and Otome seemed to trust us.

Maybe one day I'll stop making dumb mistakes. That's not today, though!

Anyway, let's go back to the normal set-up but this time try Guard Duty since that's the only role we haven't--

...Oh. Alright, guess we're Crew again.

Music: In the Unknown Ship

At least for me, this has never happened. An error in the universe...?

That's probably not good, then.

Well, that's a helpful start, at least! I think it's clear Setsu's not so much concerned with winning as they are figuring out what the hell's going on.

I, on the other hand, just want a drat victory for once.

Looks like everything's going on as normal, at least so far...

Gina or Raqio is the AC Follower.

Meanwhile, Shigemichi and Remnan are Guard Duty.

Gina's the only one to really garner any suspicion, so she's taken out. Not ideal since we know the Gnosia Engineer claim.

Everything's fine...hopefully.

Oh, Setsu, you jokester.

Boo.

Setsu clears Comet while Raqio clears Sha-Ming.

Targets this day include Stella, Kukrushka, and Chipie.

Yuriko's the sole Doctor claim, but we can't completely trust her in case Otome was the true Doctor. For the record, she claims Gina was human, which is true...

Turns out Yuriko is persuasive enough to take Chipie out. See, this is why I fear her so much. Then again, I did follow her lead here, so...

Looks like Stella's got something going on in the Lab.

Music: A Ray of Hope

Oh... Cassidy?

I altered the seeds and planted all of these myself. They're still small, but...

Smelling them is truly hypnotic... Hehe, doesn't it sound nice?

So yeah, Stella likes to grow flowers. That's pretty much it.

Though there is one thing to notice. She planted and grew them in her lab. So I guess she's part of Jonas's crew, then? Actually I don't remember whether they're mentioned she's part of this ship's original crew or not. Oh well!

Anyway Kukrushka's been taken out.

Reports:

Yuriko (?.D) -> Chipie was Human.

Setsu (G.E) -> Yuriko is Human.
Raqio (?.E) -> Stella is Gnosia.

That Stella information may be important later, depending on how much we trust Raqio this loop...

The focus this day is between the two remaining Engineer claims. Of course we know Setsu is Gnosia, so however we can swing that their way would be great. Raqio may be an AC Follower, but again, not really a threat if they are.

That said, Raqio's gonna Raqio.

The crew events just keep coming in!

Music: Back Street Cats

You asked what she means by the "meat of the lie".
Hm, how do I explain it? OK, like for example...

OK, that's a lie. C'mon, don't make that face. I mean, I don't hate you or anything! I just don't love you is all.

"I love Cassidy" is a lie. But you don't know just how much I actually like you, right?

OK, that was a bad example! Let's go with... Ah, OK, I know.

So you know that Setsu is a liar. But whether or not "Cassidy is human", you still don't know. Right? I mean, if Setsu was Gnosia, then Cassidy would be human. Because Setsu would know who is or isn't Gnosia. So "Cassidy is Gnosia" is a lie, and Cassidy is human. Get it?

Yeah, so far so good.

That said, an AC Follower wouldn't know who is Gnosia or not, so if Setsu was an AC Follower, they'd still be lying if they said Cassidy was Gnosia, it's just there's no way of using that information to figure out whether Cassidy actually was Gnosia or not.

Cassidy sums it up best here. And yeah, Cassidy does actually talk sometimes. It's rare, but it happens.

OK... screw it! I give up! I'm just gonna leave the thinking up to smart people, like you, Cassidy.

If nothing else, it's a good summary of dealing with lies. Mainly, you can't always assume that just because you caught someone in a lie, it means that what they're saying must be false. They could be lying and telling the truth at the same time! Yeah, have fun with that one.

This fact is basically the exact same as her other fact. Oh well.

Anyway all this lying stuff made Comet's brain hurt so much her head exploded and she died. rip in peace.

Well, we know Yuriko is Gnosia now. That's not good for us, but we've found two of the Gnosia. Of course, we still have to take them down somehow...

Also Setsu claims Jonas is Human. Whatever.

There's some chatter for Stella and Jonas, but most of the focus today is on Setsu.

And it finally pays off, as we take out one of the Gnosia. Sweet!

I forgot Shigemichi was still alive. Oh well, not a problem anymore!

Yuriko claimed Setsu was Human, which makes sense she already said another Engineer claim was Gnosia.

We need to take Yuriko out soon. Unfortunately, she already collab'd with SQ, and Stella seems on her side as well.

Meanwhile, the focus seems to be on Jonas this round, and he of all people is probably our closest ally still alive at this point.

Unfortunately, Sha-Ming is so suspicious of Jonas that Yuriko's side is able to take him out. This is bad.

Good news, Remnan seems firmly on our side!

Bad news, Remnan is promptly eliminated.

So yeah, we're screwed here. Even if Sha-Ming realizes Yuriko is the enemy, SQ and Stella are loyal as hell to her. There may be a second Gnosia still out there, but I really don't know who it could be at this point, so I'd rather just try for Yuriko and hope for the best...

After declaring Jonas was Human, Yuriko goes after Sha-Ming first. Sha-Ming's Obfuscate ability allows him to throw the argument off. Guy's great at stealthy tricks like that.

The good news is we're getting Sha-Ming on our side. SQ and Stella are still in her camp, though.

Hilariously, now is the time that SQ and Stella decide to turn on each other.

And so...

...This may be the funniest vote yet. Stella and SQ vote for each other, Yuriko votes for Sha-Ming, and this leaves Sha-Ming and Cassidy to eliminate Yuriko with just two votes.

The universe is smiling on me today.

This game has a way of pulling some sensational moments when you least expect them. Definitely one of my highlights so far.

Stella tries to collab, but we're not trusting anyone here.

And SQ is eliminated, leaving just Cassidy, Sha-Ming, and Stella. One of those latter two is Gnosia.

Between her loyalty to Yuriko, her dislike of SQ, and Raqio's report, it really seems like our best bet is to go after Stella here.

Stella makes the mistake of going after Sha-Ming instead of Cassidy. I go all-in on protecting Sha-Ming, because hey, when has that ever bitten me in the rear end!

Anyway, for once we actually make it to the end of a loop. Now to see if we won...

Who cares Gnosia scum

Anyway, I think it's best to go ahead and watch this:

https://img.mega64.net/gnosia/u10/309.mp4

If you can't...

Music: We All Broken

Uhhhh.

So yeah, we did it! It doesn't matter whether or not Sha-Ming is a Gnosia now! Since we're a Bug and the game's over, Cassidy has won!

We got our first victory since Loop loving Four!

And all it took was destroying the entire universe to do so!

I mean, we would've won anyway. Also I get the feeling the game may have fixed things a bit to help us win here, but hell, I'll allow it.

Next time...I don't know, things might get a little complicated with the universe being destroyed and all. At least there's always other universes to ruin!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
:ohdear:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well that's hell of a way to introduce a new role!

Also, I completely missed Raqio's hair in their normal sprite. I just thought that colorful getup was their hair!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Well that was a twist!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
We... we did it...! hooray...! :shepface:

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Mega64 posted:

So that's what we learned about Raqio. It's not relevant to the rest of their story, it's probably there as more an excuse to elaborate on being non-binary to players not accustomed to the term, since two main characters are non-binary (three in our run with Cassidy).

Small side story on this - on release, the text for this line was something like "Despite appearances, is physically male." Someone asked the devs if they were trying to say Raqio was assigned male at birth, and their response was basically "yes, that is what we were trying to say, thank you for letting us know a better way of saying it" and an immediate patch to change it to what's seen here. Personally, I think it's nice/a good sign to see a dev studio actively trying to improve themselves on stuff like this.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So the theory we're in a computer simulation just got a whole lot more likely, huh.

Although there is clearly other weirdness going on, like this ship being hundreds of years out of date apparently.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Yeeeah I'm definitely getting 'everyone is an AI' vibes now. A role has been introduced (for the first time ever?) that causes the loop/simulation to crash if the owner survives until the end. As an aside, I'm sure Yuriko is absolutely thrilled that yet another exploit can be traced back to Cassidy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
So now that the Bug role has been officially revealed in-game, can we choose whether or not there's a Bug in each loop, or does it just pop up at random without regards to other role settings?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Holy poo poo now THAT'S a way to introduce a role!

I really need to play this game, but I'm afraid I would be bad at it. :ohdear:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Silver Falcon posted:

Holy poo poo now THAT'S a way to introduce a role!

I really need to play this game, but I'm afraid I would be bad at it. :ohdear:

The obvious counterpoint there is : Would you not have fun due to being bad at it?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm still in shock that Raqio's hair isn't, y'know, their hat.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tylana posted:

The obvious counterpoint there is : Would you not have fun due to being bad at it?

Probably not, I guess? You still get exp even if you lose, and you can still increase your stats- as evidenced by Mega64's incredible losing streak here. :allears: So maybe it wouldn't be a big deal if I were bad at the game?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Quackles posted:

I'm still in shock that Raqio's hair isn't, y'know, their hat.

They've got a hell of a makeup regime going, too. How long does that take to put on in the morning?

That said, this is a sci-fi future, for all I know they have a device to do that in one button.

This LP convinced me to buy the game myself. This LP has been fun to follow but it's even more fun to play. I was doing better than Mega64 up until around the point the LP has reached (which is to say, I won a few times) but since then I've been struggling to survive to the end...
Guess I need to keep pumping my Stealth and Charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Don't worry, the game doesn't shift to make the first Bug win easier, you earned it.

I had to swing three times for my first bug win.