Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

If real world mafia has taught me anything it's that you should put all your points into lying and lie at literally every opportunity. Never stop lying. Nothing beats a jelly donut!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Levi posted:

Some infectees show tendencies for extreme violence. Others use humans to satisfy their animalistic instincts. There are many cases that even I, as an AI, wish that I could erase from the records in my memory...

So the gnosia are Xenia Onatopp?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

That sectoid is now alyways our best friend, even if he's a space alien monster trying to kill us.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Donkringel posted:

This is why I only run games of mafia now. If I try playing them I'm dead first night. First trial if I survive the night (because I'm mafia..)

This takes me back to playing it in wc3 during college. Except that meant everyone was playing under a pseudonym so the game very quickly devolved into "find and lynch James as fast as possible and THEN play a round of mafia"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I kind of wish the parting lines were less milquetoast. One of my favorite things about mafia games is the parting jabs and whatnot after someone gets voted out. I still remember the round I played in a starcraft II map where one mafia dude's final defense was "I uhh... doctor?"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'm the guy that claims gnosia turn one.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Given that the game is literally simming the ai during normal play, I a till don't get why the devs didn't have it finish simulating the round and letting the player know the results. Especially since cold sleep has several lines implying its reversible and will be reversed if the gnosia are all caught. It really doesn't make sense as a defeat condition.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'm impressed they caught that edge case. It almost certainly would have worked to have it just default to a particular ruling, but they actually coded it in.

On a similar edge case thing, can Cas ever vote to ice themselves(or ice all if they're in a tie)?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Poor otome. Forever confused as a fish instead of the aquatic mammal she is.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

OK I was not expecting the video game challenge and that was beautiful. Just scrolling through everyone being astounded he was that stupid before immediately giving you the cold sleep message.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Can you see some of these events again or are they all one time affairs?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I always liked the dead guys can chat with themselves and only themselves thing the sc2 version did. Made for some great moments despite being knocked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

If you're not claiming godfather/mafioso day one, regardless of your actual role, are you really playing mafia?