Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

loving Christ just swallow your pride you morons

also lol sup slord

I dunno, when they keep tweeting out things like this, I don't think they are ready to walk away yet

also hey man, fun to see you here, sorry this is happening to a club you like

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Love how all the hate was thrown at the teams owned by non-Europeans but when the dust settles the only clubs still clinging to the dream are owned by horrible European landed rich people.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
They will probably get off on a technicality, as usual when UEFA tries to "investigate" clubs.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I suspect UEFA will want to make an example of them

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Xabi posted:

They will probably get off on a technicality, as usual when UEFA tries to "investigate" clubs.

yep

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1392436125420163074

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Man City only won in CAS because UEFA hosed up and charged them with things that were considered time-barred. This won't be.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Banning Juve from UEFA competition for the next two years won't be much of a punishment. Unless they're saying the ban will be for the next 2 tournaments they actually qualify for.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Pook Good Mook posted:

Love how all the hate was thrown at the teams owned by non-Europeans but when the dust settles the only clubs still clinging to the dream are owned by horrible European landed rich people.

This is a lol but it also tells me that the non European owners are all cowards, in addition to being cunts.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Do we know why the hell these three clubs aren’t leaving? I know they all need money, but this obviously isn’t happening and looks insane unless they actually can’t leave.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Probably can't afford to pay the fine/dont want to sign a thing that locks them out of future superleagues.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

trem_two posted:

Banning Juve from UEFA competition for the next two years won't be much of a punishment. Unless they're saying the ban will be for the next 2 tournaments they actually qualify for.

That's usually how it works, unless I'm mistaken.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Gigi Galli posted:

This is a lol but it also tells me that the non European owners are all cowards, in addition to being cunts.

100% but cowardice in the form of being motivated purely by money with zero principles.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

blue footed boobie posted:

Do we know why the hell these three clubs aren’t leaving? I know they all need money, but this obviously isn’t happening and looks insane unless they actually can’t leave.

Mostly just gleaned from too many podcasts but my theories:

Juve: I think it's a game of chicken for them; Juve has always been antagonistic to UEFA and they might see the ESL as a nuclear option to force UEFA to change things up. to be clear while almost everyone think UEFA needs drastic reforms, those reforms aren't want Juve want, but they have been able to convince their fanbase that they are fighting for them whenever they clash with the organizing body

Barca: LaPorta claims that he's waiting on the Socios to confirm them leaving, although the fact he didn't consult the Socios before signing makes this a rather weak argument. I think because he was promised a prominent position on the ESL board and eventual presidency has blinded him to the fact the ship has already sunk.

Real: At this point I think Perez really truly believes this is the only way forward. Not necessarily in terms of what is best for European football or even what's best for Madrid, but with the ever increasing transfer fees, player salaries and Sovereign Wealth Funds the only way the game can remain competitive is to lean into it and create a closed system with all the powerhouses at the top and the other clubs acting as farm teams.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
https://mobile.twitter.com/JosimarFotball/status/1392542331224592394

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Is this a credible source? Nevermind saw the byline by Philipe Auclair lol fifa is the worst

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is that Jozy’s football blog?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

fryshocked.gif

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

UEFA and FIFA were just mad they didn't get a cut not that it was happening.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

LionYeti posted:

Is this a credible source? Nevermind saw the byline by Philipe Auclair lol fifa is the worst

Yeah, Josimar is a solid Norwegian football magazine that focuses on football politics. They're fairly well hated by FIFA after reporting on them previously and they got a partnership with The Guardian covering Qatar as they've reported on it for years.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

They're sometimes solid, sometimes incredibly biased with a very clear personal agenda. I wouldnt trust them at all until there's a good secondary source.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Can’t wait to see who the first SuperChampions are

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Renaissance Spam posted:

Mostly just gleaned from too many podcasts but my theories:

Juve: I think it's a game of chicken for them; Juve has always been antagonistic to UEFA and they might see the ESL as a nuclear option to force UEFA to change things up. to be clear while almost everyone think UEFA needs drastic reforms, those reforms aren't want Juve want, but they have been able to convince their fanbase that they are fighting for them whenever they clash with the organizing body

yeah but how can they still see it as a nuclear option? it's like a nuclear option that can't be launched anymore

here i plug "well there's your problem" a podcast of engineering disasters, latest ep is about a soviet ICBM that exploded on the launchpad due to the army general pushing them to work for days in a row, he dies sitting in a lawnchair watching them work on it

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah but how can they still see it as a nuclear option? it's like a nuclear option that can't be launched anymore

I'll admit I don't follow Serie A very much but from limited stuff I've learned Juve is seen/sees themselves as the draw for the league, similar to Bayern or PSG in their respective leagues and the governing bodies will fear losing broadcasting money if they kick them out of the CL or the league.

And there is some merit to the argument, when Ronaldo signed with Juve it brought a LOT of new eyes to the league and with fans following players rather than clubs it gave them a lot of pull with the IFF.

Of course that was 3 years ago and Juventus haven't made a Champions League final since the 2016/17 season (Christiano wasn't even in the squad then), so it's not like they're integral to the UEFA brand and considering how positive the reaction to Inter winning the Scudetto has been they probably don't have the clout they think they do.

Of course if Infantino IS playing both sides so he can create his boys' club Super League maybe they know something we don't. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Serie A ejection wasn't expected and that's going to have an impact if the IFF actually follow through.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
All those poor fiat workers lost their jobs for nothing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Eau de MacGowan posted:

All those poor fiat workers lost their jobs for nothing.

Getting to see the best player in the world getting absolutely owned by Davide Calabria in the most important game of the season must count for something.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Getting to see the best player in the world getting absolutely owned by Davide Calabria in the most important game of the season must count for something.

it's funny as hell OP

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://spiritofshankly.com/agreement-reached-after-talks-with-lfc/?fbclid=IwAR2te8PHvhX7KPMfbtb_F_I0DCtrx-lQxBenPt8a06z2UVYVhVZ3Gr3iGBY

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Memorable url

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Countdown to SOS becoming a group of FSG yes men.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

cagliostr0 posted:

Countdown to SOS becoming a group of FSG yes men.

Oh there's a count?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Bundy posted:

Oh there's a count?

That's a bit unjustified, no? SoS haven't been shy about opposing FSG measures before. I would at least wait to see how they react to the next controversy.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eric Cantonese posted:

That's a bit unjustified, no? SoS haven't been shy about opposing FSG measures before. I would at least wait to see how they react to the next controversy.

Was just a joke sorry if I offended your friends in SoS

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Eric Cantonese posted:

Let's just say I would be totally unsurprised if the board starts having their meetings in Boston and the SOS reps have their expenses covered to attend. The expenses will shockingly include some cultural exposure excursions.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Bundy posted:

Was just a joke sorry if I offended your friends in SoS

They've been a pretty solid group so far. I want to hug and kiss all of them.

cagliostr0 posted:

Let's just say I would be totally unsurprised if the board starts having their meetings in Boston and the SOS reps have their expenses covered to attend. The expenses will shockingly include some cultural exposure excursions.

Lots of selfies with Lebron?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57249562

cannot wait to read a two hundred page & double line spaced report into the case of the juve merda

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1397305606097211394?s=20
https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1397592554309312513?s=20
https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1397592893959938051?s=20
https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1397593239985733636?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Throw the other 9 out too

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
American soccer, checking in
https://mobile.twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1397600479484469252
https://mobile.twitter.com/MerrittPaulson/status/1397620198828503040

(2nd guy is the Portland Timbers douchebag owner)

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

when defending American owners it's maybe not best to remind everyone of the two American clowns who took the club within an hour of administration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

who the gently caress is 'the uk soccer guy'