Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
new girl's ford sponsorship was hilar

schmidt, originally an entourage-style LA douchebag, drives a ford flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

mojo1701a posted:

She first sees him as this tall hunky dude, but then once he's fired, he's just another regular-looking guy. Turns out that she's just attracted to him because he's a corporation literally personified and thus is forbidden to her.

He again shows up in season 6 and they rekindle a romance because he's hired to literally do nothing but attend classes and talk about how great his new car his.

Holy cow that’s absolutely the craziest interpretation misidentifying what happened ever. I love it.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jose Oquendo posted:

The parents sorta latched on to that theory but it was more them trying to understand why/how two of their kids ended up autistic.

It's not a better show than the Wire in any way. It's still pretty entertaining that goes to some really :stare: places.

I think I just want to remember the Shield as being a lot worse than it was because I find bad tv shows extremely comical.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

poisonpill posted:

Holy cow that’s absolutely the craziest interpretation misidentifying what happened ever. I love it.

Holy poo poo, did I? It's been years since I've watched the episode, so maybe I misremembered it.

Guess I also ended up assuming that when he appears in season 6, she's seeing him like that again because he's doing the same thing.

Having said that, I'm glad you enjoyed it because now knowing I was wrong, I don't care because I'm proud of it, and it is still totally in character.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
There's a new horror movie on Netflix called Things Seen and Heard that y'all should watch if you're into dogshit television with bad writing.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I always liked how in The Walking Dead they would drive new cars everywhere in a post-apocalyptic environment

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Beefed Owl posted:

I always liked how in The Walking Dead they would drive new cars everywhere in a post-apocalyptic environment

Product placement. Even the zombie apocalypse can’t stop a Corolla!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I can't find a clip but all of the interview scenes in the amazon show The Wilds are so insanely bad I can't believe anyone thought a human says those words in those orders

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Beefed Owl posted:

I liked when half of marvel earth's population died and five years later nobody's picking up trash but the Audi factory is still cranking out new cars

feller
Jul 5, 2006

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

You really should watch the whole scene, it's several orders of magnitude shittier than it seems like it's going to be. The ending is so bad that the preceding eyerollfest barely constitutes a warmup

I stopped at the flight attendant part too and went back to watch the rest because of this post. I hate you now [e: but in a good way]

feller fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 7, 2021

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Has anyone done a show where the people talk like real people do but not a reality tv show or unscripted?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

yikes! posted:

I stopped at the flight attendant part too and went back to watch the rest because of this post. I hate you now [e: but in a good way]

Your welcome :chord:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Flannelette posted:

Has anyone done a show where the people talk like real people do but not a reality tv show or unscripted?

Game of thrones is what real people in England talk like OP

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Flannelette posted:

Have you seen Friends

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
How about flowery dialogue that's actually good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BhomJBwjRE

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
is csi cyber cheating?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDBHkQJzTAg

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

hes called aaron sorkin because his writing is all about sorkin his own dick

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Have you seen Friends

Yes all the people I know take turns to speak and pronounce everything very specifically and sit quietly between jokes. But this is the bad dialogue thread I want some bad dialogue like I'm used to hearing when I speak.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sourdough Sam posted:

How about flowery dialogue that's actually good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BhomJBwjRE

This is not the thread for good shows, buster brown

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Augustus: "I am busy being Emperor of The Rome."
Livia: "I am jealous of this?"
Claudius: "I'm a nerd."
Augustus: "Uh oh. My fruit. Salad. Where is my stupid gay son?"
Drusus: "Here I am dad."
Augustus: "Hello."

I, Claudius is so bad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I, Claudius is so bad.

Yeah, but

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Beefed Owl posted:

The last few seasons of Fringe were bad this for this. The camera would stay focused just a few seconds too long to show the digital dashboard or make a big fuss about putting in an address to the built in GPS.

Top Chef is getting very bad about in-episode commercials. The drone shots of the BMW coupes driving up a long winding road, or the camera panning over the brand name stoves or packets of Hidden Valley ranch powder.

Top Chef Canada can't go five minutes without blatant product placement.

Cashier: How would you like to pay?
Contestant: I'll pay using Interac Flash!!

First off, no one ever says that and second, do we really need to advertise Interac in Canada? Its not like we write checks here or even use cash anymore. And then there's the close up of the chef using their foot to trigger the sensor to open the back of the Hyundai mini van they're promoting.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Flannelette posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtQNULEudss

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Flannelette posted:

Would probably suck. Tons of filler sounds.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I dunno, my dad has pretty much the same cadence as Frank Reynolds and says a whole lot of dumb poo poo for no apparent reason like the time he told me he did cocaine once but didn't like it, apropos of nothing

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Would you prefer Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling as your dad?

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Saalkin posted:

God drat it don't remind me about true detective season 2. The worst 12 hours I have wasted on TV.

Remember gay bike cop who maybe was banging his mom dying without finishing any of story arcs.

Do you remember anything about the lady cop expect she had a sex worker sister?

Other cum son and that whole plot line was funny though.

YOU ARE A MONSTER

i remember that (due to being a woman policeman) she kept loving up. also there was the scene where she did the sick moves with a knife

they should have just had more ripping off of david lynch in the show because it was good when it did that. like the singing girl in the bar and the weird dream where the guy meets his dad in the afterlife

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Big Beef City posted:

Augustus: "I am busy being Emperor of The Rome."
Livia: "I am jealous of this?"
Claudius: "I'm a nerd."
Augustus: "Uh oh. My fruit. Salad. Where is my stupid gay son?"
Drusus: "Here I am dad."
Augustus: "Hello."

I, Claudius is so bad.

it is the opposite of bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmum3glL1DA

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Armitag3 posted:

Would you prefer Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling as your dad?

Ryan Reynolds AKA the rich man's Dane Cook can die in a hole. Gosling4lyfe

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

they should have just had more ripping off of david lynch in the show because it was good when it did that. like the singing girl in the bar and the weird dream where the guy meets his dad in the afterlife

the bar which was a feeding ground for an energy vampire singer-songwriter was the best part of the show, absolutely. everyone in this place is one maudlin look at a polaroid in their vest pocket away from just having a heart attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lAyN0OxkWU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lol what's this from

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

juggalo baby coffin posted:

hes called aaron sorkin because his writing is all about sorkin his own dick

Lol

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Flannelette posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

kntfkr posted:

Ryan Reynolds AKA the rich man's Dane Cook can die in a hole. Gosling4lyfe

One time he did!

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8vzIRQLLM

This is it. This is the one.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I saw a bit of a random NCIS episode recently. One of the characters were in Mossad headquarters and saw they had cameras all over the city.

"Eyes on the whole city?"
"No, we have eyes on the whole world, it's our job."
Then cue the super dramatic swell to indicate that this is, in fact, a super good thing that is good.

NCIS is dumb but usually leans into it. The little flashes of patriotism/government knows best seem kind of out of place.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

signalnoise posted:

I dunno, my dad has pretty much the same cadence as Frank Reynolds and says a whole lot of dumb poo poo for no apparent reason like the time he told me he did cocaine once but didn't like it, apropos of nothing

tell us more about your system, Dennis

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I like the West Wing but the thing about Aaron Sorkin is like he's the Ur-Liberal who lives in this realm where everyone is willing to work together and we can all do right if we just hold hands and sing Kumbayah and all Republicans need is just a big speech about how doing the right thing is the right thing and they'll come together and life will be great

What I mean by this is he's a living brainworm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

syntaxfunction posted:

I saw a bit of a random NCIS episode recently. One of the characters were in Mossad headquarters and saw they had cameras all over the city.

"Eyes on the whole city?"
"No, we have eyes on the whole world, it's our job."
Then cue the super dramatic swell to indicate that this is, in fact, a super good thing that is good.

NCIS is dumb but usually leans into it. The little flashes of patriotism/government knows best seem kind of out of place.

lmao