Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I think I watched this drunk and now seeing it sober is enough to make me not want to drink anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Anything form the CW DC shows are fish in a barrel. Except Legends. They know they are camp and have embraced it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Who What Now posted:

It's because these actors know exactly what kind of schlock they're making and play into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT5_qH7PStc

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mescal posted:

Jesus. This hurts. It must be intentional. I mean, we're watching it for free

This was on ABC, right? Years ago Subway did a promo with NBC sitcoms like Chuck, Community and (I think) 30 Rock. Community built an entire episode around it which is was pretty good.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

30 Rock also had to do the Bee Movie episode and one for "Green" environmental stuff.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Beefed Owl posted:

I always liked how in The Walking Dead they would drive new cars everywhere in a post-apocalyptic environment

The last few seasons of Fringe were bad this for this. The camera would stay focused just a few seconds too long to show the digital dashboard or make a big fuss about putting in an address to the built in GPS.

Top Chef is getting very bad about in-episode commercials. The drone shots of the BMW coupes driving up a long winding road, or the camera panning over the brand name stoves or packets of Hidden Valley ranch powder.

Top Chef Canada can't go five minutes without blatant product placement.

Cashier: How would you like to pay?
Contestant: I'll pay using Interac Flash!!

First off, no one ever says that and second, do we really need to advertise Interac in Canada? Its not like we write checks here or even use cash anymore. And then there's the close up of the chef using their foot to trigger the sensor to open the back of the Hyundai mini van they're promoting.