Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

A really annoying thing I ran into with the idea of keeping identity poo poo separate is like. Having all your games on a certain steam account, PSN, whatever account. Like, if you're poor, you basically have to buy every game twice and it cuts what you can make pretty harshly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Takoluka posted:

You just have to keep the games installed on the original account and then give the new account permissions to play it, at least for Steam. For PSN and the like, it's just having all the accounts on the same system but being careful to not show your other account name or whatever, which isn't bad.

Wait, can you do that with Steam? I know being careful is the case with PSN, but wow. I'll have to check that out, thank you!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Same here!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Jeez, editing your own videos is a really fast way to hate the sound of your own voice. Anyone have advice for that?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

How does voice training work? Like getting used to not slurring words and stuff? Do you have resources?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Takoluka posted:

The key is to make your mouth used to projecting and enunciating words clearly in a style that fits for what you're trying to do. On top of that, there's speaking stamina, for when you're crazy and want to read a visual novel on stream for 12 hours.

If nothing else, this will help the lip tracking! Thanks! I do feel like I don't mumble as much after trying this out for a bit.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Thanks for all the advice! My streams don't have mods or anything, didn't even know stream markers existed. I'm not really full on vtubing yet. I'm using a generic model that comes with FaceRig to mess around with it. Not monetizing content at all, just trying out stuff I'd like to do in the future to like an audience of one to two people at a time as practice. I've apparently improved a lot already with talking consistently and keeping up with a moving chat. I'm not expecting more viewers when I do get my model, I just kinda wanna fill a niche I've found and make content that I'd like and hope there's someone else that likes it.

I'll try and focus on speaking clearer for now, any time I try a character voice it sounds super weird and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. I've been told before on like all girl esports teams I have kind of a sexy, deep voice, so maybe I should stick with that.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Had my debut today, and oh my gosh it was exhausting. I think people really enjoyed it though, so I'm happy with it. How do Hololive people do other streams immediately after debuting? The nerves tired me out so much, I like froze when someone tried to talk to me hours later.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Thanks for the congrats and advice, everyone. I think I'm doing better with the voice hating stuff after a couple months of practice before my actual debut. Speaking clearer helped a lot, and so did having a friend that works in TV production to just set up mic filters for me. My avatar is vaguely sports themed, so I think the tomboy voice ended up playing to the strength of my character a bit.

DanielCross posted:

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this (and I apologize if it's not), but I'm very curious. For those of you who have been doing this for a while, how much do you self-identify with your Avatars? Like, do you look at them and say "that's my avatar," or do you look at them and say "that's me"?

I've only been doing this for a couple months, only one stream as my own avatar, so no clue if my experience holds much water. It's like staring into a parallel universe where you're confident and funny, and it's really goddamn weird. There's enough of a disconnect where internal bias doesn't affect judgement to be harder on yourself (if that's a thing you do), but not enough of one that completely clips off the personal association. So, kinda both, I guess.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

roobots posted:

I'm not regularly vtubing yet but I did cut a little trailer today, just something to send into the Nijisanji EN auditions. My Live2D rig isn't quite ready so I've just been using a reactive image via Discord. I'd love to hear any feedback you all might have. Thanks so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2SgHD8pIWQ

You have a great voice, and a good sense of humor. My only constructive criticism would be that the video relies a bit on Apex footage that isn't super interesting or playing to your strengths, but the rest is great. Good luck, we're all rooting for you!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Gideon020 posted:

It's likely how they deal with that nervous energy of being their first days, and they also have a manager who may or may be encouraging them to get a stream out the next day just to help settle them down.

I was mostly fine after a day of rest after the debut. Sometimes I still get nerves, but I'm only on my third week as this character, so. It'll probably get easier with time.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

DM'd

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, it's hard. Usually I try to get everything I'm gonna be using in playback before I go live and then adjust while I can hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Tardzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/NephBlackburn/status/1436041728801259524?s=20

I'll be making my debut + my first playthrough of Psychonauts 2 in an hour from now, and I'd appreciate it if folks might spread the word! I'm nervous, and excited (but mostly nervous), and I've got no idea how it's gonna go, but I guess we'll see!

Good luck! I'll be cheering for you.