Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Starts at 1pm Eastern. You can watch it on Apple's website or something. I don't know. Google it.

What can we expect? iOS/iPadOS/tvOS 14.5, watchOS 7.4, MacOS 11.3 for sure.

Rumors are new iPad, iMac, Airtags.

Most likely new colors for device accessories.

Maybe some new services? There's a paid podcast service rumor apparently. I don't know. It's probably bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I had a good chuckle at the lost iPod nano.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

smackfu posted:

I really want them to add Find My to the AirPods case.

It's in the pro case, so maybe next revision they'll add it.

edit:

Duckman2008 posted:

Goddamn, $30 for airbag is super cheap. I am surprised.

Yeah not a bad price. Even cheaper if you buy the 4 pack.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

AirTag lanyard looks like a ballsack.

Gonna buy truck airtag nuts.

edit: They better fix 'airtag' in the spell checker on MacOS because it keeps changing it to airbag.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ahhhhha not dog poo poo remote.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I might not get the new ATV but I'm absolutely buying a new remote.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SourKraut posted:

Who the hell is going to buy the 32GB when the 64GB is just $20 more?

Unless you're gaming, 32GB is more than enough.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Dugong posted:

Can I ask a basic question: why should I get Apple TV if I have a smart tv? Is it a better UI plus better privacy? I have a fairly cheap smart tv and my biggest annoyance is the bright white UI.

If you're in the Apple ecosystem it's a no-brainer. Even if you're not, it's UI and performance is a billion times better than whatever is built into a TV.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Dumb question, but So.....is a M1 iPad more powerful than an A1 Mac Air (other than OS limits)?

There is no A1 Mac Air.

This is taking the same SOC for the MBA, mini, and new iMac and putting it in an iPad Pro.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

It blows my mind that anyone does any serious video editing on an iPad

it seems so clunky

People do it. And with the line between iOS devices and macOS devices being blurred even more, you're going to see more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

LionArcher posted:

They will at WWDC. And the new iMac's look great. My only concern is the white boarder, not black boarder. When they release the 27 inch iMac in some colors, but have a black bezel, I'll be pumped. It's the little things that make it great. (MagSafe return, headphone jack on the freaking side, Ethernet in the power brick,) and so on.And for 99% of most average computer users who want a desktop, this is already a drat good machine. For standard office work, this is a drat good machine. Even for me, who runs a publishing business from my 2015 iMac, it's basically a perfect machine, but I won't go lower than 5K. (and I want two external monitor support, because I'm silly and like to have two displays on either side of the 5k.

That's where I am at. I will definitely buy the 27 inch Apple Silicon iMac.

I did however order a new pistachio phone case and watch band.