Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Grouchio posted:

In what way do you goons feel the Dems aren't taking the fascist threat seriously?

Probably in that Manchin and Sinema are dragging their feet and the rest are sorta "welp what can you do?" I'm assuming.

Then there's the wackadoo narrative that's emerging on the right in addition to them purging ranks. But I got no clue how you handle this except maybe if the moderate republicans get their act together and vote democrat until these fucks drop the whole Nazi act. Not sure I see that scenario happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Keyser_Soze posted:

Lil' Marco can bugger off but the 60 minutes story last night about the recent UFO reports being released is pretty :catstare:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-military-intelligence-60-minutes-2021-05-16/

i'm sorry, but i can't trust the word of anyone with the level of no-neck as the first guy they interview. no way he's a trustworthy source

edit:

ScottyJSno posted:

This is just bad journalism. The dude they are interviewing, Lue Elizondo, is lair.

Check out
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4621

and

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4705

glad i trusted my instinctive prejudice

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TwoQuestions posted:

They have more political representation, guns, and will to kill those not like them. Those are also places where cops, soldiers, and others responsible for violently imposing the will of the state come from.

Climate change won't be a problem, what with the nuclear winter that's coming once those people who want to see others die more than they want to live.

Hope for the future is irresponsible.

Can you dial it back a tad for loving once? I get your schtick is doom posting but you're becoming a parody of yourself at this rate.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

James Garfield posted:

who gives a poo poo about the less than five percent of the California population that does not live in cities

a lot of those cities are in red areas. think bakersfield

this rural = republican, urban = democrat thinking doesn't reflect reality

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Grouchio posted:

In what way do you goons feel the Dems aren't taking the fascist threat seriously?

Biden actually seems to understand the gravity of the situation, though plenty of congressional Dems including Manchin don't seem to be.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Grouchio posted:

So here's the thing ☝️ we're currently in the middle of a cultural cold war that's about to turn into a hot shooting war very soon. The vast majority of republicans 🐘 believe the election was stolen, and they are currently rigging electoral systems nationwide to make sure their side never loses again. If Trump loses again in 2024, there will be shooting in the streets. There's no and's, if's or but's to that. These people have been psyching themselves up on conspiracy theories and straight up lies 🙈 in order to mold the world into what they believe is right. Unfortunately for us, our side does not have leaders who are up to the task of dealing with this 😔. If democratic leadership ☝️ were any better, they'd be shouting from the rooftops about republican corruption, attempted rigging and outright deceit. If democratic leadership were any better they would be building cases against every single republican official ☝️ who spouses the big lie and they would also be breaking up/suspending every single state legislative body who is currently in the process of trying to restrict voting rights and carrying out sham "audits". This is not the world we live in, unfortunately. I believe in ☮️, but I am also woke. And unfortunately the woke side of me clearly sees how we do not have strong headed leaders who are willing to lay down the law to make sure we retain that peace. This is why I believe every man, woman and child left of Mitt Romney should be stocking up on guns, food and ammo + making contingency plans for when the cultural cold war turns into a hot shooting war in 2024 😔🙏.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vorik posted:

So here's the thing ☝️ we're currently in the middle of a cultural cold war that's about to turn into a hot shooting war very soon. The vast majority of republicans 🐘 believe the election was stolen, and they are currently rigging electoral systems nationwide to make sure their side never loses again. If Trump loses again in 2024, there will be shooting in the streets. There's no and's, if's or but's to that. These people have been psyching themselves up on conspiracy theories and straight up lies 🙈 in order to mold the world into what they believe is right. Unfortunately for us, our side does not have leaders who are up to the task of dealing with this 😔. If democratic leadership ☝️ were any better, they'd be shouting from the rooftops about republican corruption, attempted rigging and outright deceit. If democratic leadership were any better they would be building cases against every single republican official ☝️ who spouses the big lie and they would also be breaking up/suspending every single state legislative body who is currently in the process of trying to restrict voting rights and carrying out sham "audits". This is not the world we live in, unfortunately. I believe in ☮️, but I am also woke. And unfortunately the woke side of me clearly sees how we do not have strong headed leaders who are willing to lay down the law to make sure we retain that peace. This is why I believe every man, woman and child left of Mitt Romney should be stocking up on guns, food and ammo + making contingency plans for when the cultural cold war turns into a hot shooting war in 2024 😔🙏.

It sounds like you'd like to speed up the bit where the cold war goes hot. There's no way in gently caress any republican legislature wouldn't lose their entire poo poo over forcefully being broken up. They'd fund raise off this and claim it backs up their story that the democrats are coming for you and your guns RIGHT NOW. Better start taking care of anyone you think is a rat. Like your solutions would get these people thinking now's the time now's that place I got nothin' to lose.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Orthanc6 posted:

Now I just want the aliens to be evolved from bears.

In the extreme, silly hypothetical that it is Aliens.tm they would probably be unmanned drones. So they might not be quite as miffed if we got our hands on one that crashed. Even with all the tech we might get from it, we still don't have a clue as to how to get out of this solar system so we're still no threat to anyone but ourselves for the foreseeable future.

All that out of the way, got a decent breakdown vid of possible explanations for those Navy UFO vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7Fqbsrrm8

Here is a good site that breaks it down too...

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/nyt-gimbal-video-of-u-s-navy-jet-encounter-with-unknown-object.9333/

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Don't buy guns, buy a boat.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

a lot of those cities are in red areas. think bakersfield

this rural = republican, urban = democrat thinking doesn't reflect reality

More than that, most of the Republicans in California are in blue areas. The rural areas are just totally irrelevant, even if you're planning for the weird freep rahowa fantasy you should be more worried about Republicans in LA.

also posting "Those farmers aren't liberals lol" reflects a profound ignorance of who works on farms in California

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nonsense posted:

God look at this anti semite at work stealing our freedoms *goes on a full hour rant about unhinged topics and glorifies war crimes*

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Orthanc6 posted:

Now I just want the aliens to be evolved from bears.

In the extreme, silly hypothetical that it is Aliens.tm they would probably be unmanned drones. So they might not be quite as miffed if we got our hands on one that crashed. Even with all the tech we might get from it, we still don't have a clue as to how to get out of this solar system so we're still no threat to anyone but ourselves for the foreseeable future.

All that out of the way, got a decent breakdown vid of possible explanations for those Navy UFO vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7Fqbsrrm8

I for one would welcome our new space bear overlords.

Also, that's a good video.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Flopsy posted:

It sounds like you'd like to speed up the bit where the cold war goes hot. There's no way in gently caress any republican legislature wouldn't lose their entire poo poo over forcefully being broken up. They'd fund raise off this and claim it backs up their story that the democrats are coming for you and your guns RIGHT NOW. Better start taking care of anyone you think is a rat.

Republicans already believe every single insane conspiracy theory about democrats though ❓ When you see the other side prepping for war and openly attempting to rig electoral systems so they retain power even while getting millions upon millions of less votes every election, you don't just sit back and hope the courts save you. You think republicans are just going to go "oh ok I guess Biden/Other Dem Candidate won again in 2024"? They have been setting this up. Trump has since his first campaign. He started talking about not accepting the results of the election half a decade ago 😒. SCOTUS is on their side so you can't depend on that either. They only need the slightest structural support from bottom up (which is exactly what republicans across many states are currently doing) to come up with a flimsy justification to support all of the voter suppression efforts and election denialism.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Flopsy posted:

It sounds like you'd like to speed up the bit where the cold war goes hot. There's no way in gently caress any republican legislature wouldn't lose their entire poo poo over forcefully being broken up. They'd fund raise off this and claim it backs up their story that the democrats are coming for you and your guns RIGHT NOW. Better start taking care of anyone you think is a rat. Like your solutions would get these people thinking now's the time now's that place I got nothin' to lose.

War is hell and we should do everything in our power to avoid it, but denying that the right isn't champing at the bit for one is just as irresponsible. If Dems want to avoid this reality, they should be bending over backwards to improve life for the average American so drastically that the last 4 years under Trump feel like the great depression. And not just talk about how they should, get it done. If party leadership isn't putting the screws to naysayers in the senate, they need to start yesterday.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

James Garfield posted:

also posting "Those farmers aren't liberals lol" reflects a profound ignorance of who works on farms in California

Whatever that poster may have been going for, it's always worth stopping to remember that "farmer" and "agricultural laborer" are meaningfully distinct.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

If Manchin and Sinema do not relent on ending the filibuster, passing HR1, giving DC statehood and expanding the supreme court.. then I believe Joseph R Biden should suspend the Senate after the 2022 midterms. He should suspend the Senate, make HR1 the law of the land and dismiss the court. Whatever comes after that ☝️, it is what it is.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bishyaler posted:

War is hell and we should do everything in our power to avoid it, but denying that the right isn't champing at the bit for one is just as irresponsible. If Dems want to avoid this reality, they should be bending over backwards to improve life for the average American so drastically that the last 4 years under Trump feel like the great depression. And not just talk about how they should, get it done. If party leadership isn't putting the screws to naysayers in the senate, they need to start yesterday.

This is the take I agree with. I'm fine with putting the screws to reluctant democrats, doing poo poo that gets the lunatics MORE wound up is a no from me.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

James Garfield posted:

i didn't post that :confused: i said what i meant to say. any messages you read into my post beyond the plain text that is there is your responsibility, not mine

it is a mistake to think that an urbanized area is a left leaning area, that is all

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DarkHorse posted:

More than half at a minimum

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/majority-republicans-still-believe-2020-election-was-stolen-donald-trump

Also trumps favorability with Republicans is in the 80% range
This poll is over a month old. In April 27th's poll a mere 46% of conservative media consumers felt very favorable with Trump, and only 32% of all adults. Either GOP favorability has fallen in the course of a month or you're cherrypicking again.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

i didn't post that :confused: i said what i meant to say. any messages you read into my post beyond the plain text that is there is your responsibility, not mine

it wasn't you that posted it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok everybody stop posting until we figure out what's going on

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I meant the farmer, like the person who owns and controls the farm. Presumably they'd be able to import labor just fine no matter what flag was flying (wartime disruptions aside etc)

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ok everybody stop posting until we figure out what's going on

I believe right now Americans are reading the tea leaves to try and guess what decree the unelected lords are going to hand down to the people as if it were decreed by God. You know, like a democracy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nonsense posted:

A boat is a terrible investment. Buy a bunch of dogs. Those are cool.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

poll plane variant posted:

CA is dark red the second you get out of the cities, the same as every state. Those farmers and oilfield workers aren't liberals lol

Didn't most of those farmers go bankrupt over the Trump Trade War? Yeah they ain't as powerful as you might think.

White Light fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 18, 2021

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

A boat is a terrible investment. Buy a bunch of dogs. Those are cool.

You don't invest in a boat, you have fun. Dogs are free.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Balkanization is silly to post about because the results will not resemble red states versus blue states but powerful economic blocks of red and blue exploiting the less powerful ones. Supply lines are going to take forever to unfuck and by the time the Patriots Republic brought to you by Coca-Cola starts to wonder if they should invade cascadia for their water, climate change will arrive to flip over the table.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Sedisp posted:

Balkanization is silly to post about because the results will not resemble red states versus blue states but powerful economic blocks of red and blue exploiting the less powerful ones. Supply lines are going to take forever to unfuck and by the time the Patriots Republic brought to you by Coca-Cola starts to wonder if they should invade cascadia for their water, climate change will arrive to flip over the table.

Climate change is already here.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nonsense posted:

Buy a boat and a tripod with which to mount your new gun, same thing now.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Flopsy posted:

Yep.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Vorik posted:

If Manchin and Sinema do not relent on ending the filibuster, passing HR1, giving DC statehood and expanding the supreme court.. then I believe Joseph R Biden should suspend the Senate after the 2022 midterms. He should suspend the Senate, make HR1 the law of the land and dismiss the court. Whatever comes after that ☝️, it is what it is.

Should he find a magic wand by which he can grant himself unlimited constitutional powers I'm sure he'll do that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Grimey Drawer
Tom Cotton trying to replace Louie Gohmert as the dumbest congressperson:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1394385978878476290

The AP's office in Gaza was bombed today by the IDF and Tom Cotton thinks "well I guess they must be collaborating with Hamas"

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

The AP's office in Gaza was bombed today by the IDF and Tom Cotton thinks "well I guess they must be collaborating with Hamas"

Or they're ramping up the stakes for who can be the most cartoonishly loving evil.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Angry_Ed posted:

He doesn't think that. But it serves him greatly to make the situation as simple as: Republicans and Israel vs Palestinians and the media.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

He's just regurgitating the official Israeli line, none of that poo poo is original

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

He's just regurgitating the official Israeli line, none of that poo poo is original

They laugh at how credulous we are about their bullshit lines lol

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Flopsy posted:

In early access, the finished version is due out soon.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1394352074310234115

Oh hey me and Rubio on the same side of an issue

Let take a look at what in fact he did/ is calling for that caused the press to dust off old UFO videos from years ago.

From the INTELLIGENCE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/publications/intelligence-authorization-act-fiscal-year-2021

from the "Committee Comments" after lots of routine funding and other stuff that has nothing to do with UFOs.

quote:

...the Committee directs the DNI, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of such other agencies as the Director and Secretary jointly consider relevant, to submit a report within 180 days...
"

So we get a report to the congressional intelligence and armed services committees. IMO this report will be a nothing burger. But lets see why...

Point 1 and 2 - ask for a "detailed analysis" of unidentified aerial phenomena from the Navy. The thing is there is no indication that the Navy has anything on UAPs/UFOs. If anything I think it will just be dumb stuff about Chinese or Russian military/spy aircraft not properly identifying themselves and thus being unidentified.

Point 3 - is the same thing from the FBI. This will be some body reported that they thought they saw a drone flying over the white house or stuff like that.

Point 4 and 5 - wants a description of the Data collection process from points 1, 2, and 3.

Point 6 - asks if UAP/UFO reports can be attributed to foreign adversaries. A pilot saw a UFO that looked like a blob do impossible things and disappear. Can china do that? Expect"We can not make a determination at this time."

Point 7 - Ask for reports on foreign adversaries' "breakthrough aerospace capabilities." While I think many of us would like to see this, it this will be nothing but black bars. CLASSIFIED.

Point 8 - Recommendations for improving the process of reporting UFOs.

423 words in 7,136 word document. Nice work.

In conclusion Rubio get free press he can use come election time saying he is for transparent in government, against the DEMONcrats who are hiding the truth, and bla bla bla.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

None of those navy videos show anything that can’t be plausibly explained as misidentified airplanes. I like the weird drone angle too, but it’s all just limitations of the cameras used and the pilots not knowing if the thing they’re filming is close or far away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1393672999891439621?s=19

Sorry, probably not news but robert Evans is doing the hard hitting retweetimg.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 18, 2021