Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Grouchio posted:

If I am still around in 1-2000 years as hoped, I would be there to remind them exactly who he was and what he did.

I'll gladly donate to the righteous cause of getting you a spacious pickle jar for your cyborg brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Youth Decay posted:

If we merge West Virginia and Virginia would Super Virginia be a blue or red state

Depends on who can wrestle control of the local government I imagine.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

So how about the GOP still insisting on recounts. Think they're setting up grounds to support the big lie?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

"Setting up"? They already have all the evidence they need: Trump lost the election, therefore it was illegitimate. Anything that shows otherwise is fake news planted by Soros-funded Dem operatives.

Yeah but now you have a cabal of nutcases that are being given access to real ballots. For whatever it's worth I guess I dunno.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Grondoth posted:

They keep finding things are fine, though. I don't understand how people can still believe this stuff when there's been recounts by people advancing the idea that Trump won and they still found nothing.

It literally doesn't matter that the results made sense however many times they were counted the first time around. I get the feeling these people are exactly the type to either destroy or alter them to make it adhere to their loving insane conspiracy theory.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Maryland, West Virginia, and some cities are paying people $100 if they get the vaccine.

New Jersey also has a rewards program.

https://twitter.com/GovMurphy/status/1389269510612467716

The poo poo people have to do to get these contrarian motherfuckers vaccinated never fails to amaze.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Xaiter posted:

Looks like Barr and Trump might be in a bit of trouble.

https://thehill.com/regulation/551755-judge-orders-release-of-trump-obstruction-memo-accuses-barr-of-being-disingenuous?amp

In a nutshell, looks like Barr was using the DOJ to shield Trump and "misleading" the court on how they were internally handling it, pretending they were seriously considering prosecution but gosh darn shoot the OLC memo about sitting presidents can't be charged just got in the way... When in reality, yeah, they were never going to do it. It was just a dog and pony show.

When this poo poo has tangible results I'll pay attention. I guess I'm so burnt out and sick of these fucksticks parading around without consequence until I see SOME kind of loving consequence I'm going to assume this means nothing. Except Rudy is probably hosed so eh.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Murgos posted:

I suppose that depending on how disingenuous Barr was to congress he could be charged with perjury.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though.

Being told for four years there was going to be justice and getting jack loving poo poo will do that yes.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Grondoth posted:

I mean the reason for that was the person in charge of making that justice happen was literally put there to stop it. The FBI wanted to raid Rudy since 2019, but Barr stopped it.

I know, it's dumb to hope, but it seems clear to me that people wanted to do things but were stopped.

Look I know it's unreasonable to assume everything will be as lovely as it was under trump in the justice department...but I just don't know if I have any faith any more that what I desperately want to see happen is ever going to and continuing to hope it does hurts.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nessus posted:

Guess Trump's been losing a lot of weight for some reason, huh. That seems healthy and normal.

Don't do that...don't give me hope.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Yes good good, eat each other for the brain dead dipshit who won't even run in 2024 yes :yeshaha:

My wildest dream is that the GOP Balkanizes out of this purging and tears itself apart. One can only hope

If the plan is to rig the system so it doesn't matter if they win more votes and they feel increasingly comfortable having another Jan 6th happen to justify it, how the gently caress is this a good thing?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

It's not a good thing that the GOP nutcases are going more crazy, but it is a good thing if the GOP loses its Corpo wing (which it heavily relies on for donors) and splits their own party. They will probably go after Romney hard next, and if he goes Independent I will never stop laughing. At some point the Romney'z and Cheney's and the other few moderates will realize there is no reclaiming their party, and they will attempt to to their own thing.

Also the more time they spend devouring each other and throwing attacks that don't land on Biden, the more poo poo we can get done in time for midterms.

Also I really have to think the Dems are loving smart enough to pass SR1 before the GOP loving rig everything, because it's the easiest policy decision in the world to maintain and keep your own power.

Tell that poo poo to Manchin and Sinema. I don't believe poo poo until I see concrete results.

Archonex posted:

The problem with this is, as mentioned, that the corpo wing is also the ultra-rich wing. And the ultra-rich wing of the party has more than enough donors in favor of overthrowing democracy to keep the money rolling. Hell, a lot of those same donors were supporters of Trump precisely because they knew he'd sabotage the institutions making up the country and hurt minorities and their continued civil rights. J

ust see the bits about the Mercers and Thiel I posted up above as two infamous examples that keep making the news every now and then due to how they openly don't bother to hide how despicable they are unlike the donors hiding behind a veneer of false piety or "small government" or similar excuses. The rich section of the party that funds the GOP is all in on this because of the anti-democratic nature of the views they've managed to veer the party into supporting.

The wing you're talking about is actually the old guard Republicans. Who appear to have been getting steadily pushed out over the last eight to twelve years.

^^^^

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Grouchio posted:

I wouldn't say I felt the same as you back in 2014-15 when it finally hit me that this was the true face of the GOP finally showing itself. I thought to myself: 'this is/was always their end goal. They hoped to slowly smother democracy here bit by bit when Trump started blowing their cover.' Nothing's changed from the imperative 'they must be stopped at all costs.'

Catastrophizing was for Trump's threats of martial law; catastrophizing was for Ginsburg's replacement; catastrophizing was for another four years. So I would say you're overthinking this so early into Biden's term.

I'm actually straight up in therapy for this very thing. I try to cope by forcing myself to be more productive and get things done with my work and around the house but I'm still prone to panic attacks and waves of overwhelming dread.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you heal soon.

Does it comfort you at all to know that Biden is president and that Congress is in Dems' hands? Are you feeling better now that Trump is out of office?

I'm no longer rapidly losing weight and the night terrors have died down significantly. So yes there is good that came with it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Just bribe his neighbors to Rand Paul his rear end

Why let him have a victim narrative? Go for subtle psychological poo poo like stealing all of his left shoes or something.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Meatball posted:

Both of them will need to be buried in secret or under guard or their graves will look like that pile of poo poo from the first Jurassic park movie about a week after burial.

You've been reading my diary have you?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I've done a lot of odd jobs from gallery attendant to dog walker but my most consistent at the moment is writing two novels simultaneously. I have no idea whether or not they're going to flop but it feels good to do something you can consider meaningful.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 6, 2021

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

this is the timeline where this happen.

please please

At this point it's just a countdown until Tucker says the N word on air so who knows.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bugsy posted:

Greg Kelly usually isn't worth posting here, as he's one of several sycophants that repost trump pics with the exact same captions as a bunch of other chuds, but boy howdy look at them pants.
https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1390392522267107330

No those are not bugle boys, they are 1400 dollar abominations.

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1390455427444400128

Is this the current version of kissing the ring? Posing for pictures with guy and talking about what a GOOD mood he's in?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Charlz Guybon posted:

Czilla is a moron, but he opens this article with a really good quote.

"When staff from the National Republican Congressional Committee rose to explain the party's latest polling in core battleground districts [at an April retreat], they left out a key finding about Trump's weakness, declining to divulge the information even when directly questioned about Trump's support by a member of Congress, according to two people familiar with what transpired. ... Trump's unfavorable ratings were 15 points higher than his favorable ones in the core districts, according to the full polling results, which were later obtained by The Washington Post."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/10/politics/trump-gop-support-2022-nrcc/index.html

They'd happily do this all over again.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

You ever wonder how it came to be that so many Roman emperors were killed by their own guards?

It never stops being surreal that Trump a great loving load himself has this overwhelming hatred for fat people.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

paternity suitor posted:

The contents of a dream got me to thinking. What would happen to the GOP if Trump just died tomorrow?

I've been thinking about if the GOP is ever going to abide by an election result that wasn't them winning ever the gently caress again honestly.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bishyaler posted:

Gun violence is more related to late stage capitalism and the abject poverty and desperation it creates than it is to available weapons. Also the toxic masculine culture in America. Snap your fingers and remove all guns, and you'll see people building improvised explosives or renting u-hauls and driving on crowded sidewalks instead. The liberal plan to eliminate guns but leave the environments which create violence is a bad one.

Not even taking into account the gun fetish culture that's been cultivated. We still have fucks stockpiling so they can be special enough to attend the next insurrection.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bishyaler posted:

I hate to break it to you, but even if they stockpile a mountain of firearms, you can only effectively use one at a time.

Good thing militias aren't a thing.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Foxfire_ posted:

Biathalon is a cross country ski race where you carry a rifle, then periodically have to stop and shoot some targets with extra penalty distance added for each one you miss.

I thought it was speed dating ladies and dudes but I guess that's just me.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Why do I feel no fear from the 2022 midterm prospects?

I wish I was you. Everyday is a loving struggle to try and not fixate on the fact the GOP has entirely lost their loving minds over a man who's currently obsessed with "junky horses" and are happy to dismantle our systems in his name.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

A lot can happen in a year. He might even die by then.

From your lips to God's ears.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I try not to comment too much when it comes to the Israelis vs. the Palestinians arguments because I don't feel I'm smart enough to catch every nuance and frankly I find both their governments loving awful. But what exactly could Biden do about this without making the mess even worse?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Why are they targeting Giuliani and Gaetz? I would expect these two to try defending them.

Also, given that they've been shown to be blatant fraudsters on multiple occasions, what journalists are still showing up to these? Is it just journos who want to dunk on their stupid antics? Even that seems like a waste of time.

Actually, I assume this is another dog and pony show for hard right media to further muddy the waters by giving them some bullshit to report. Perhaps: Report some disprovable allegations against your allies, allow legit media to disprove them, then use it as a smokescreen to say "the allegations were proven to be untrue" and hope this sinks the real allegations too.

I'm amazed they haven't been nailed to the wall for trying to frame Mueller for rape. Among all their other happy horseshit.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

Sure there is. Stop supporting Israel.

Israelis don't matter, Palestinians don't matter, just stop giving them protection, support and cover in international relations and organizations and the rest of the world can exclude and sanction them into submission like South Africa.

I honestly feel horribly for the civilians on both side seeing as they didn't ask for this but they're going to get the worst of it. But seriously the people running the show over there have made it their mission to try and outdo each other with atrocities. I can't root for either of them because I think they're both insane/vicious motherfuckers.

And frankly we all loving know why the U.S. has chained itself to the dumpster fire that is Israel. Good luck cutting that knot.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Literally what on earth are you talking about. What are these great atrocities of one upsmanship you think the Palestinians have done to turn this into a both sides thing. Ineffectually trying to retaliate every time they get murdered to shore up Bibi’s poll numbers?

You don’t need to feel bad for the civilians on both sides. Israeli citizens are more likely to get struck by lightning than be hurt by any of this. They’re fine. They have been fine for the whole of living memory of most people posting in these forums. That’s why this is such a farce.

I'm not saying Israel didn't start it, they did. But they're both firing missiles into civilian areas my guy.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

idk man you can only push people so far

if someone came to your neighborhood and pointed guns at you and said get out and evicted all your neighbors and machine-gunned a church when you complained about this treatment, I guess maybe the "nice" thing for you to do would be to go "gosh diddly osh okay then enjoy my house can I shine your shoes for you on the way in", and if you don't do that I'm sure there'll be nattering aloof people on the sidelines going "well gee golly looks like you're just as bad as them, why won't you just shine their shoes it's not that hard, and then maybe they'll give you your house back" and then this happens over and over and over to more and more and more people who are all scolded for fighting back as the evictions proceed without limit, but at some point you have to identify who is the aggressor in the situation and who needs to stop so this can all end.

Not trying to be a dick, but you're falling for the tactics every oppressor uses. Don't you remember what the cops do here, they commit some atrocity like murdering a guy on camera, when the protests start the cops crack down with insane over the top violence and just keep gassing and beating and shooting people until they finally provoke a reaction, and then go "see look how violent they are you can't reason with these Black Lives people, we've got to have lawn order!" What did you think of the people looking at the protests last summer and going "gee both sides are at fault"

Well guys now y'all can see why I leave the thread when this poo poo shows up, so I guess I'll just sit down and be quiet again so I don't rock the boat anymore.

Literally say they shouldn't fire missiles at civilians and I get a thousands reasons why "WELL SEE IT'S OKAY BECAUSE--" "OH YOU'RE SIDING WITH THE OPPRESSORS!" Yeah I get it. I'll just never bring it up again.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

"our leader trump never sleeps for he constantly works for behalf of the people, see his light is on". christ these people are sad fucks.

Have they gotten to the part where they claim he was born under a magical double rainbow and doesn't poop yet?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

I’m sorry that you wanted an easy answer regarding the situation in Gaza.

I’m not sorry that you didn’t get one.

I'm sorry that's how you interpret me saying people shouldn't do warcrimes even if the other person is also doing warcrimes as that does not make it better. But please dunk on me some more for having such a controversial stance.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

yes, you’ve already said “both sides” enough and the mods already said to move the topic to its own thread

And yet here you are.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://twitter.com/stephen_richer/status/1393662268542386178?s=20

If Don's already tweeting out just complete false accusations as serious as this one would be if true, I legit wonder if he'll even make it through the midterms without just directly and nakedly demanding violence.

It's like having a rabid badger in your closet and the GOP is like a hapless rom com protagonist insisting it's nothing. Trump wants blood and has always loving wanted blood, the fact they see him as too valuable to discard is horrifying.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

As someone who still has PTSD flashbacks to that night, no we loving didn't know at the end of the first night. Most of us thought Trump had won again, it wasn't until that Friday were were comfortable that Biden was probably going to win.

Seconding this take. I lost eight loving pounds from pacing in one night and nearly blacked out when they called Florida.

To be fair following the election thread during the election is a mistake I will not be repeating.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Starsfan posted:

For some reason (probably to protect my sanity and out of desperate hope) I just accepted that Biden was going to win based on the first twitter post by a math nerd saying the outstanding votes should give him the states he needed to win. I had basically no doubts outside of a maybe 2 hour window that Biden would eventually win the vote count / electoral college.

What did get to me was the after the election bullshit with the courts, because I was convinced that the hundreds of 32 year old federal judges that Trump put in place would somehow combine to gently caress over the democrats in some significant way to cause a constitutional crises. I think the first case that was tried like the very next day was even in loving Texas under a hardcore Trump chud judge. When that case was shot down instantly and the judge rebuked the Trump legal team I was able to breath again.

As some of you are guessing by how I phrase my posts I didn't relax a goddamn inch until he was out on his rear end.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

What are the odds trump dies in the next three years? He’s got some dementia going on too—no idea how slow or fast the decline typically is, but won’t he be 79? There has to be a steep cliff for someone who doesn’t exercise or eat right.

He reminds me of King Charles II the bewitched king in some ways. In that he continues to baffle all of Christendom by continuing to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

His parents both lived a long time so I figure we're stuck with him for awhile

You can still be technically alive but completely dead upstairs.