Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mozi posted:

wow, what the hell? that's amazing... possibly my new favorite animal. i need to know more about these beasts!

These days the thinking is they walked more upright than previously thought.

Oh yeah and they hosed up sharks on the reg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Cubone posted:

the fact that the spikes are connected to the vertebrae is kinda crazy. the spine is so important, neurologically speaking, and they have these big protuberances hanging off of them. it seems like something hitting the sail would risk damage to the spine

Some of the fossil specimens we have seem to feature broken spine tips which have healed over.

Weka
May 5, 2019

oh dope posted:

Oh drat I didn't know they got that big.

Some humans are 7 or even 8 foot tall.

Weka
May 5, 2019

I'm still a fan (haha) of sail functioned as a sail theory. Dimetrodons skimming the waves, sail full of wind, loving up sharks, roaring majestically.