Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
I literally ran into a dude who was actually still using Eudora in 2021. Somehow we got it working.

I am a patient they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

emSparkly posted:

I literally ran into a dude who was actually still using Eudora in 2021. Somehow we got it working.

mostly I remember it didn't handle UTF-8 and the developers were like "lol we'd have to rewrite literally everything from scratch to handle anything other than ASCII, we only recently started supporting codepages"

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
These are my thoughts on work: can we just loving not

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Not doing anything for like a week knocked me the gently caress out! At least the color for the bière de Noël is really nice!

emSparkly

Escape From Noise posted:

Not doing anything for like a week knocked me the gently caress out! At least the color for the bière de Noël is really nice!

sip

I am a patient they.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

Chewbecca posted:

These are my thoughts on work: can we just loving not

scruffythejanitor_second.gif

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
spent all day trying to convert geodata from one coordinate system into another and just could not get it to work. turns out our company ArcGIS license somehow doesn't include the bit that transforms coordinate systems.

Escape From Noise

Brew day and I'm half dead. At least Vienna lager isn't so hard! Listening to Daisy Chainsaw. The lead singer sounds like goth Björk.

emSparkly

I think my boss has more or less confirmed that I've set an all time record for tardies at the company. They don't wanna fire me because being 5 minutes late a lot really doesn't seem so bad considering my performance reviews are light years above everyone else's. But now they're telling me I need to go see a therapist or something in order to get my autism or some poo poo formally on record so as to give me and them plausible deniability as to why I haven't been booted yet.

I am a patient they.

Finger Prince

It's a genuine wonder to me what the obsession with start times is and where it comes from. I'm part of that machine, but I never understood it from the other perspective. What is it with tracking the minutae of clock in and clock out times? If the work gets done, it gets done. If employee x left 10 minutes early, and employee y is always 5 minutes late, does it change anything? Why does this matter? And yet companies put so much effort into controlling it.

Chewbecca

My goal is only to arrive before my manager as she is the only person who would care, although we have a one on one tomorrow where I suspect she is gonna make a big ol' thing about bloody start and end times

Today I worked 8 until 5 so lol if she wants to hop aboard that bandwagon!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

It's a genuine wonder to me what the obsession with start times is and where it comes from. I'm part of that machine, but I never understood it from the other perspective. What is it with tracking the minutae of clock in and clock out times? If the work gets done, it gets done. If employee x left 10 minutes early, and employee y is always 5 minutes late, does it change anything? Why does this matter? And yet companies put so much effort into controlling it.

I have had colleagues who will sit next to me for 9 hours and achieve nothing. Time spent isn't always a useful metric unless youre like customer facing or something

Escape From Noise

Current job doesn't care when I show up and leave so long as I deliver on product and keep things moving.

Chewbecca

Current job doesn't care when I show up and leave so long as I deliver on product and keep things moving.

Thats how it should be imo

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

Thats how it should be imo

I know I complain a lot but it's really nice. I realized because of some things shifting I was gonna be done with everything I wanted to do this weekend, so I said I'm gonna take Friday off and they were like "Cool!". The other psycho owners I've worked for were very anal about when I got in and left despite being salaried.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 23, 2022

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Things I've said to a vendor's face today:

"You're kind of bad at running a business and I wish you weren't. Do better by your employees, we can't buy from you until you do."

"Bruh. Aluminum and stainless steel are two different metals. Entirely. What the gently caress."

"No really, we can't do business with you. I'm sorry. We've been friends for a long time but that doesn't mean you're good at this."

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Holland Oates posted:

Things I've said to a vendor's face today:

"You're kind of bad at running a business and I wish you weren't. Do better by your employees, we can't buy from you until you do."

"Bruh. Aluminum and stainless steel are two different metals. Entirely. What the gently caress."

"No really, we can't do business with you. I'm sorry. We've been friends for a long time but that doesn't mean you're good at this."

are they any good at kissing tho

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
do they're joke's make you smile

Soapyshoes

I will set each and every one of you on fire.
I'm pretty sure aluminum and stainless steel are the exact same thing

Buttchocks

Soapyshoes posted:

I'm pretty sure aluminum and stainless steel are the exact same thing

You can use them interchangeably in things like ships. it's fine.

Our CEO's Thanksgiving address to us was essentially, "It upsets me when people aren't smiling at me, so smile more!" Thankfully he forgot to add "And you'd be prettier too!"

Escape From Noise

Holland Oates posted:

I...what?...AHHHHHH!

Finger Prince

Imagine an enormous leaky beanbag rolling along the ground. To an outside observer, they might assume that it is its own momentum that keeps the beanbag rolling. In fact it is a small group of tiny people on the other side of the beanbag heaving it with their shoulders and pushing it along, adding their momentum to the sagging hulk, while some hastily apply duct tape to the holes where the beans spill out when they rotate past, and still more try to put more beans back in where they can, but there are never enough tiny people, or enough duct tape, or enough beans at any given time.
This is work.
And god forbid the beanbag splits open completely and stops rolling.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I;m thinking about Thos Beans

Chewbecca

I just had a 2 hour meeting on a friggign friday morning :dogge:

who even does that drat

Escape From Noise

Of all my beers I wouldn't have expected the brown ale to be so popular. I don't think it's a bad beer, maybe a bit sweeter than I'd like, but I just more didn't think that the style itself would be very interesting to most. Interesting.

Chewbecca

Of all my beers I wouldn't have expected the brown ale to be so popular. I don't think it's a bad beer, maybe a bit sweeter than I'd like, but I just more didn't think that the style itself would be very interesting to most. Interesting.

You probably have a more sophisticated beer palate than regular people though

Normal people (me lol) are very basic

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

You probably have a more sophisticated beer palate than regular people though

Normal people (me lol) are very basic

I just meant more it's generally not a very popular style.

Edit: There's nothing wrong with a solid basic beer. But dark beers tend to not be as popular as say a basic pale ale or a lager. It's not bad, just definitely not the one I would have bet on.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 25, 2022

emSparkly

I personally really like dark beers. They should start selling the Leinenkugel snowdrift vanilla porter here soon. I like that one a lot. Guinness is also just kinda one I like as a basic beer for me. I'm drunk rn btw

I am a patient they.

Escape From Noise

I always try to have a fair amount of "basic" beers in the lineup. That's always gonna be your bread and butter. Triple fudge sundae with peanuts stout will grab headlines, but a basic pale ale or Vienna lager is what maintains your bottom line. I also like something nice and uncomplicated a lot of times.

emSparkly

I like Guinness, I also like to just pick up some Blue Moon whenever I'm at the store and wanna pick up some beer for the hell of it.

I am a patient they.

Escape From Noise

7-11 started stocking Pilsner Urqell here and I'm very into that.

emSparkly

wait wtf I thought this was the trashed thread wtf this is the work thread.

I am a patient they.

xcheopis

emSparkly posted:

lmao

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Stoner Sloth

emSparkly posted:

o7

Escape From Noise

emSparkly posted:

Gottem

Finger Prince

emSparkly posted:

Different kind of trashed

Soapyshoes

Work is trash!!! More like,,

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i have a meeting and then i'm going to blow this popsicle stand. my work here is d o n e for the week

Buttchocks

as a professional garbage collector, I am doubly confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapyshoes

I worked today and did minimal work and now I’m haiving many beers