Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Dr. Honked posted:

i'll poo poo in their mailbox on your behalf

You might need to poo poo in their outlook instead

Holland Oates posted:

i really, really hope that it either drastically improves, or you get a better job soon. you deserve better treatment.

They aren't getting more than 12 months from me, I can't keep doing this :lol:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

You might need to poo poo in their outlook instead

They aren't getting more than 12 months from me, I can't keep doing this :lol:

good luck looking for another gig, my friend. hang strong

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

good luck looking for another gig, my friend. hang strong

Thank you goon, I'm white knuckling!

Chewbecca

Side note: wtf is this poo poo lmao

Chewbecca

Crying at work: actually both cool and good. Try it out sometime!!

Chewbecca

You mean to say you haven't cried this month??! :crossarms:

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
my tip to avoid crying at work is to die inside

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Chewbecca

You can't start crying at work if you just nevet stop crying the rest of the time :eng101:

Farecoal

There he go
I don't think I've ever cried at work but I have definitely felt a near-suicidal despair. Like seriously considering walking out into traffic.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I refuse to cry at work. I'm not going to let them win. Besides, I stopped giving a gently caress so what's to cry about.

Escape From Noise

Crying at work? Sure. But have you tried having panic attacks at work?

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Crying at work? Sure. But have you tried having panic attacks at work?

that's usually how i end up crying tbh. i had one first thing this morning even! so sooooooon!

Escape From Noise

Holland Oates posted:

that's usually how i end up crying tbh. i had one first thing this morning even! so sooooooon!

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I'm very glad it's been a few years since I've had one.

Ass-penny

I don't know if I don't get panic attacks or if I just don't know how to identify them

I have cried at work for a lot of reasons ranging from stress to a particularly sad Chumbwambwa song playing.

Escape From Noise

I got my first panic attack worrying I'd have one. I looked up what it was and collapsed on the kitchen floor.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The first one I ever had I remember thinking I was about to die, something terrible was about to happen and I was going to die and everyone I loved was going to die and and and.

I was like, nine. It took me until I was 22 to get diagnosed with anxiety properly, and until a few years ago to get a full diagnosis of PTSD.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
my first was playing FF7 at like 2 in the morning, I had just gotten to that town with the rocket ship. It's probably called rocket town. I spent a couple of hours frozen in the chair cause walking across the room was gonna make me have a heart attack and die right there on the floor

well there's my panic attack story

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I had a panic attack at work because I had to go up in a boom lift for the first time. It broke and I got stuck swaying over a rack of active steam pipes while the operator was on the phone with tech support.

I'm actually still there. It's been six years. Please, send take-out.

Ass-penny

Buttchocks posted:

I had a panic attack at work because I had to go up in a boom lift for the first time. It broke and I got stuck swaying over a rack of active steam pipes while the operator was on the phone with tech support.

I'm actually still there. It's been six years. Please, send take-out.

I got you Buttchocks :burger::taco:

Chewbecca

Didn't panic attack or crying defense at work today - but I did serve up some simmering resentment :rant:

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

Side note: wtf is this poo poo lmao

crying at work now considered a kpi :capitalism:

Escape From Noise

From my understanding there are a range of panic attacks. Mine were relatively minor. I'd mostly just kind of get so anxious or worried my brain would shut down and I'd kind of go limp like a ragdoll. It was very exhausting.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

New worry: where is my equipment for my new job is not here yet we might die oh god

Ass-penny

you have to provide your own equipment? like ppe or?

in general I feel like employers should provide that stuff.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
boss. gimme da peepee poopoo otherwise i can't boogaloo. if you know what i'm sayin

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

you have to provide your own equipment? like ppe or?

in general I feel like employers should provide that stuff.

No, and no, but yes.

I'm waiting on 2 27" monitors, a laptop, a dock, my mic, soft phone desk model, connectivity cables, and a bunch of other small items. I will be working from home, a desk only job.

Chewbecca

Holland Oates posted:

No, and no, but yes.

I'm waiting on 2 27" monitors, a laptop, a dock, my mic, soft phone desk model, connectivity cables, and a bunch of other small items. I will be working from home, a desk only job.

The mf dream :kiss:

Ass-penny

oh hell yeah, that's awesome. I hope your stuff gets there soon. lmao I wish I could work from home but even at the new job that is really not an option.

Chewbecca

I legit dunno if I can last 12 months at this place lmao

I used an online calculator to work out that I have been at this job like 65 working days, and I legit want to fling myself into loving traffic

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

I legit dunno if I can last 12 months at this place lmao

I used an online calculator to work out that I have been at this job like 65 working days, and I legit want to fling myself into loving traffic

your phone doesn't have a calculator? stay strong, goon. if your financials allow maybe dip out of there without finding a new'n first?

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
On the subject of panic attacks, they don't always manifest in the "my heart is racing oh no I'm gonna die" way. When I finally got around to finding a psychiatrist with the express goal of getting back on ADHD meds, they of course wanted me to tell them about whatever else I might consider a problem. I casually mentioned that I'd developed an odd habit of crying so hard I literally couldn't speak anytime I needed to talk about relationship stuff with my partner and I should probably get around to talking to a therapist about that soon.

They immediately said "Oh honey, that's a panic attack." My fully in denial reaction was "What? No it's not. My heart rate doesn't noticably pick up and I don't feel like I'm hyperventilating. I just get a few words into a sentence about how I feel about possibly having a kid someday and start crying so hard the muscles in my mouth won't form words anymore because they're too committed to crying." They patiently explained that yes, really, that's a "textbook panic-attack", got me started on some low dose meds and set me up with the in office therapist.

In hindsight I can look at it and realize that of course an immediate, extreme reaction to a perceived stressful situation is a panic attack. But at the time it really didn't fit the mental image I had for the term.

DaChurl

Phone-posting so I'm not gonna try to format properly with quotes.

That crying thing is bonkers. Multiple times a month!? I've cried maybe a handful of times at this job and I've been here over 12 years. I'm someone who cries at the drop of a hat at movies and books, but crying that much at work sounds so wrong to me. Get out of there! Run away from the situation that's making you that miserable!

On new equipment: gently caress yeah! My boss is finally getting us set up with dedicated laptops and docking stations and I am stoked. My current set up for working from home 2 days a week is a borrowed laptop with a VPN connection to the office server connected to two monitors through a trial and error process to determine the right cords. Had to reestablish all my logins and preferences on the laptop and there are still a few things I haven't managed to carry over. Constantly realizing I need to input something to the HR software but I'll have to remember tomorrow when I'm in office because I can't remember my login credentials.

To Chewbecca, I hope you find an escape route soon. Miserable jobs have a way of dragging down your whole quality of life. gently caress a job

Chewbecca

Goons, I am sitting at my (thankfully) wfh desk and sobbing lmao

DaChurl

Chewbecca posted:

Goons, I am sitting at my (thankfully) wfh desk and sobbing lmao

Well, drat. Since I can't make you a hot cocoa, here's an internet hug :sympathy:

Chewbecca

DaChurl posted:

Well, drat. Since I can't make you a hot cocoa, here's an internet hug :sympathy:

Thanks friend :unsmith:

Farecoal

There he go
Didn't get the Starbucks job :nsa: Feeling great and very good about myself and my situation right now :nsa:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i realize this is a kind of absurd looking statement but motherFUCK FUNERAL DIRECTORS AND THEIR EGOS

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Farecoal I'm sorry
It ain't you, it's how things kinda are in general right now, but it'll change eventually

Farecoal

There he go

Sarah Cenia posted:

Farecoal I'm sorry
It ain't you, it's how things kinda are in general right now, but it'll change eventually

The "eventually" part is the stickler here, in that I would like very much for my cat and I not to be homeless because I couldn't pay rent. And it does feel like something is wrong with me, when I can't even get a job at a mediocre coffee chain

Edit: Sorry, not trying to be hostile, I'm just frustrated

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

Didn't get the Starbucks job :nsa: Feeling great and very good about myself and my situation right now :nsa:

gently caress. I'm sorry. That's the worst feeling, getting rejected from a job you don't want, you just need. I still remember putting in an application for a job at a motherfucking dog food factory, telling from the reaction of the secretary I wasn't going to be getting it, and just thinking "What the gently caress?". I really hope you can find something soon. Does your city have an employment office? I used that before with limited success but it's an option.