Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernii

Teddy Thunders posted:

I straight up nailed a six million dollar sale in a month and my boss just said I don't have the chops to sell.

That's two plus years of revenue, with a 30% margin.

I'm done. I'll walk soon and I'm okay with that.

Sales is one of the hardest professions to recruit for and retain. He's an absolute moron to antagonize you like that.

If you're into looking for another sales job you could probably walk out and get a new job elsewhere within a couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernii

at one of my old jobs the CEO lost both of the company's sales reps by deciding to shake up their strategy from emails and demos to focus on cold calling instead.

He also want to reduce their pay on top of that because cold calling was "less work" and therefore they should be paid less

One told him to go gently caress himself and was fired on the spot, then got hired to do the same thing for 3x the pay elsewhere. The other quarter-assed the job for a month, barely made any calls, then quit once he got an offer secured.

Vernii

Mormon Nailer posted:

I'm just bringing in money and making side deals and I might let one of the suppliers poach me. Less work and hella more money? Sure.

Definitely take this option.

Vernii

Mormon Nailer posted:

They're hiring another sales rep at twice what I make and letting them work from home. New guy is 21 and in college still.

I'm done. I'm just, I'm about to lose it completely. I'm literally working through a pandemic selling my rear end off which is not even why I was hired, and I get paid poo poo an hour, and I work full time. With no benefits.

Just quit. As long you aren't in the middle of nowhere, at minimum you can easily find a job doing the same thing for more money. You already mentioned a supplier is interested in you. Give em a call and see what comes of it.

Vernii

Pretty sure my boss got fired this morning. That or something happened and he quit on the spot, either way he's gone. No one else in the department has said anything to me.

It sucks because he was the best boss I've had; didn't micromanage me or even really interact much other than when he needed something.

Probably time to work on my resume in case it's part of a larger departmental shift.

Vernii

Lmao he just moved offices without him or anyone else mentioning it. Was really confused to get an email from him 3 hours into the workday.

Vernii

Mormon Nailer posted:

I can never take a day off again because they somehow managed to almost lose Big Ears to a competitor in the two entire days I was away from work.

That's going to be an unpleasant surprise for them if you find a new job.

Vernii

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I don’t know how freight/trucking companies keep existing because they are the least customer-oriented companies ever.

I worked in an HR role for a trucking company for a while and it was an internal poo poo show. I suspect they all stay in business because clients don't really give a poo poo as long as the loads arrive on time and the shipping departments that have to deal with them probably don't have much internal influence anyway.

Vernii

One of my two bosses (I have a weird hybrid role where I report to one person on certain responsibilities, another person on others) just got fired. They were a department head that's been with the company for about a decade and quite competent IMO. Kinda nervous that may be part of a larger re-org. Probably time to start polishing my resume just in case. It would really suck to be fired beyond the usual reasons because its honestly the best company I've worked for and I have this kind of perfect position where I don't get invited to meetings and my bosses provided minimal oversight.

EDIT: Hm, my position might be safer than I think, knock on wood and all, because thanks to said hybrid role my position also straddles two departments and while I do most of my work and reporting to one (where said boss was just fired), I officially belong to the other. Still gonna polish the resume though just in case.

Vernii fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 20, 2021

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernii

The HR department is about to be extremely unpopular. Management has decided to change up how PTO is distributed in a way that will screw up a lot of spring vacations for anyone without sufficient rollover. As a bonus, they haven't told the rest of the company about the change yet and the new policy is already going into effect.

It's going to be a Very Cool week as people take notice.

Cardi BYOB posted:

My boss spent the entire day screaming because he fired the warehouse crew

Pretty interested to know what his plan was there.

Vernii fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 4, 2022