Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal

There he go
I mentioned getting fired in the chat thread due to not wanting to use my own car for dog walking work without gas reimbursement (or at all tbh). It's a pet supply store and they hired me on as a sales associate. Then about two months in they started training me to do dog-walking, as their business was picking up again after a pandemic lull. They said I would do it "occasionally", then this week they had me scheduled for dog walking all day M-F. Apparently I wasn't good at talking to customers (they only said anything about this after I was fired) so they decided to switch my job around without telling me or bringing up any issues with my work at all so I could, I don't know, try to improve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

Lol my boss just realized it's still a pandemic so I don't have to go to Vietnam for work this fall

Is that a yearly thing you have to do?

Farecoal

There he go

Achtane posted:

IT'S FRIDAY EVERYONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnK5rw_6hM

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

I dunno but if you call me a slang term for a vulva, you're gonna fart your veneers. It has zero to do with me being protestant or Catholic (I'm neither) and everything to you with the pejorative usage of "a vulva." Which is typically weaponized against non-men in this country.

Yeah, same kind of. My mom and I may disagree on many, many things but she at least taught me not to use the c-word (or b*tch for that matter) for the exact reason you said.

I found another job! It's data entry for a medical laboratory. Not anything exciting and the commute by bus is a little janky time wise but at least my coworkers and boss seems nice. Unfortunately since my background check took longer than expected to clear they had me start last Wednesday for training and I'm going to be working until this Friday. Also my shift is early afternoon to night so dramatically adjusting my sleep schedule is going to be fun

Farecoal

There he go
Starting to think that jobs.... may be bad??

Farecoal

There he go
Do you have a place to hide and gently caress around when you have nothing to do? Being bored at work with no way to goof off is the worst.

Also, how's the vaccine situation in Japan?

Farecoal

There he go

Escape From Noise posted:

a large percentage of the population is not getting vaccinated due to fears of "side effects"

Is this because of personal health fears or is more not wanting to miss work?

This my first "real" office job and the department I'm in wants to start doing a monthly "game night", which is already bad enough. They also want to do them on Saturdays, one of my days off. It's one of those things where attendance is "not mandatory but encouraged". Trying to think of an excuse.to get out of this first one and then find another way to avoid the rest!!

Farecoal

There he go

Starting to think my game night problem isn't so bad

Farecoal

There he go

rear end-penny posted:

Have you considered telling them board game nights are not part of your employment agreement and that if you are not getting paid you do not want to see any of your coworkers?

I don't think I can afford to be that blunt, not yet anyway. That could just be my anxiety talking though

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

I'm indigenous and queer

Wow, that's two checkboxes ticked off already! How efficient!

Farecoal

There he go
Commuter rail is a bad transit model most of the time anyway. For most of the day there's a whole bunch of locomotives and rolling stock sitting idle in yards, wasting space and money.

Farecoal

There he go
Trying to take a nap during my lunch break but I can't get comfortable enough :smith:

Farecoal

There he go

i need to bring a pillow with me

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

What if I just fight everyone's boss in the parking lot

Make sure to go for the glowing weak points

Farecoal

There he go
The only other person on my team has tested positive for COVID. I got swabbed before I left work (yay working at a medical lab) so I should know if I have it by tomorrow

Farecoal

There he go

Areola Grande posted:

I just got a job offer to work for 3M at $20.50 per hour :psyduck:

I never thought I'd make that much money in my life and I am hella loving excite :peanut:

The sad thing is that's probably what minimum wage should be adjusted for inflation and cost of living increases.

I tested negative, but they want everybody who was around my co-worker to stay home for 7 days anyway. Forgot to ask if it was unpaid!!

Farecoal

There he go
They had me drive to the office today to pick up a thin client and a giant monitor so I could work from home while we're all out for seven days. It takes up too much space on my desk and I'm very uncomfortable

Farecoal

There he go
Something is wrong with the internal network at work so after physically organizing some papers to scan later I'm just sitting here on my phone

Farecoal

There he go
I think sparging in public is against the law

Farecoal

There he go

xcheopis posted:

Toner Waste Box spill over my left side. Yay.

Oof. I'm guessing that's some ruined clothes, at least?

Farecoal

There he go
Somebody put on a radio station at work that only plays Christmas songs. Why

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

I closed $3.61m today. $15.913m for the week.

gently caress a job.

drat when are you retiring :ussr:

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

Lmao do you think I get paid commission because I do not

I know, it was a joke because you are not being payed for the value of your labor (I would have used a Karl Marx smiley if we had one)

Farecoal

There he go

gently caress A JOB

Farecoal

There he go
I felt like poo poo today so took a nap at work in addition to my regular breaks and lunch :ssh:

Farecoal

There he go

cruft posted:

Let that sink in.

I get that sink is your friend but the sink and I are going through some stuff right now and we need to work it out between ourselves so please just butt out

Farecoal

There he go
Clock watching is cool and good, actually

Farecoal

There he go
One of my roommates has COVID but I tested negative so I have to go into work anyway :nsa:

Farecoal

There he go

Areola Grande posted:

Suggestions are extremely welcome on that front btw

Trashfuture, leftist comedic news and tech podcast based in the UK

Citations Needed, examines media and narratives from a left perspective

MBMBAM, three brothers give terrible, off-topic advice to listener questions, among other things

You're Wrong About, two journalists do deep-ish dives into topics that pop culture has remembered wrong

Rude Tales of Magic, comedy DnD podcast hosted by webcomic artist Branson Reese. Also actually funny

Farecoal

There he go
I'm being paid at least 25 cents less an hour now then when I started half a year ago thanks to inflation, and I'm petrified of asking for a raise. Yay!

Farecoal

There he go

I also haven't had a job that has lasted much longer than a year for a long time. The last one was in JET for 4 years and that salary is non-negotiable.

What's JET?

Areola Grande posted:

I open paper food stamp applications for a living.

That's a niche job :prepop:

Farecoal

There he go

Oh, sorry! It's a program for teaching English in Japan at public schools.

No problem, I thought it was some huge Japanese brewery.

Farecoal

There he go

I've heard of fast fashion but this is ridiculous

Farecoal

There he go
Starting to think this "work" things sucks. What the gently caress

Farecoal

There he go

NumptyScrub posted:

Also if anyone books me for anything I am trashing

:same:

Farecoal

There he go
CW: Abuse

"I believe in beating your kids", says the lab supervisor at my job

Farecoal

There he go
Hey orbs I forgot my earbuds at home could one of you grab them and bring them to me? TIA

Farecoal

There he go
Is a milkshake IPA as gross as it sounds

Farecoal

There he go
My local shelter has 1.5 actual paid staff. It's a lot of hard work, cleaning, and dealing with strange people but I imagine there's room to pet a cat or two in there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go
Does anybody know how 2 get rich quik, perhaps thru some sort of scheme? This working thing sucks