Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
well at least there's that! hang in there yo

heckin' rad summer sig by Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

Going back to full time work after being part-time has hosed my poo poo all the way up, real talk

ur posts are becoming scant :ferrari:

Areola Grande

in the words of Thom Yorke,

a job that slowly kills you

bruises that won't heal

https://youtu.be/ZVgHPSyEIqk

^^^ just might be the most accurate commute song ever written

E: whoops that quote is from this one if u wanna get even more depressed

https://youtu.be/u5CVsCnxyXg :tipshat:

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 28, 2023

Areola Grande

Farecoal posted:

How do you find a good place for this? I've checked before but the very few places that I could find were all too far and/or has awful reviews.

I recommend BioLife if there's one in your area. I make $420 total per month by donating twice a week every week :homebrew:

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

AG have you thought about starting a cult? religious exemption to paying taxes and people are dumb as hell and will believe anything you tell them

this might just be the pay dirt I came here for

:thunk::respek:

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

A woman emailed last thing on Friday about a lovely stressful thing that I gotta do today, and it loomed like a spectre all bloody weekend :negative:

the nihilism thread would like a word w/ u

Areola Grande

Sarah Cenia posted:

I want the camaraderie of being on a crew but I don't wanna work with people ever again.

I recommend putting together a crew of various woodland creatures. U could even name em after us, ur posting pals

Areola Grande

Sarah Cenia posted:

hell yeah

sorry,, didn't mean 2 get hevy

to me ur job sounds fascinating but customer service sucks the big one. I've got another bud tender interview tomorrow but I'm not super jazzed about the job. sure everybody likes touching weed and selling weed and smelling weed but it's just retail customer service at the end of the day

Areola Grande

just got a jerb as a bud tender

:feelsgood:

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

you get bennies with that gig?

dental and vision but no health. on the bright side there's a 35% discount on all weeds

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

I couldn't sleep thinking about how much I hate my job lol

that sounds like a miserable existence chew'b. something's gonna have 2 change :haibrow:

Areola Grande

more falafel please posted:

goongrats

one of my friends is a budtender and always has way too many samples so enjoy all the free weed

:patriot: I vow to post the samples and much more in the trashed crew thread as yob intended

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

it's something :shrug: good luck at yer new weed job. when do you start?

Idk. as soon as my background check is complete and I've spent $75 on an agent license. This cost will be reimbursed in 30 days by my new employer. until then I'll just keep smoking nugs and peeling benjamins like normal :coolfish:

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

Today was one of the best days I've had at work in a while! Everyone was in a good mood, it was super chill, not much going on, nobody bothered me with poo poo... Can't ask for more than that.

why weren't u posting then :colbert:

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

Starting to think I should leave this industry and look for a job that I can make more money at.

I recommend magnets. I heard Japan has some good ones

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

If only I knew how they worked...

few do. that's why it's so lucrative

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

Son, that was when I carried you.

forgive me friend I misspoke :baduk:

Areola Grande

Farecoal posted:

Me: I am so grateful to and recognize the (sometimes mortal) sacrifices of the labor activists who fought for a 40-hour work week and many other labor protections we take for granted

Also me: Why did they settle for 40?? Aghhhh

25 seems like a better number for that

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

Love to do everything, extremely cool

here's hoping you'll find sanctuary in the trashed crew thread asap :pray:

Areola Grande

SUN DAWG posted:

touching a computer makes me think of work too much.

this is why I don't own one! Nintendo handhelds are where it's at for PTSD-free Vidya James

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

use drugs imo

also jumping on the :bandwagon: quitting jobs rules and is a lot of fun. I still fantasize about walking out of my new gig but I've been here like 4 months already and the longer I work for someone the more I feel obligated to at least give some notice.

that moment in the parking lot when u lean against ur car and stare triumphantly at the workplace you'll never have to enter again cuz u just quit that fuckin job lol 🤜🤛

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

my company just decided arbitrarily to cut the compensation of my entire salary band by the equivalent of roughly 10% of gross (actually probably more because it's a post tax benefit, and that number is approximately what I personally value it as). I didn't really have time to stew on it today but now I'm at home and it's really got me seething. I feel like I should complain all the way up to whoever will listen, but I know that the decision was made with the approval of the executive, so ultimately it won't go anywhere and they don't give a poo poo at all, because they endorsed it. We already struggle immensely finding qualified and competent managers. We already struggle immensely with retention. People are going to leave in droves, and they are not going to find anyone willing to put up with the bullshit without at least sprinkling some sugar on it. With the people who will leave because of this decision, those that remain will get burned out even more having to shoulder more of the load, and they in turn will leave. I was planning on leaving next year regardless but this is the final nail in the coffin, and while I was keeping that fact fairly tight to my chest (probably the world's worst kept secret in reality), I don't feel like being coy about it anymore. What an utterly stupid decision.
In the mean time I'm going to give roughly 10% less of a poo poo, probably more, for the remainder of my time there. We've been doing this management training thing about how to get everyone to sing kumbaya and not be an rear end in a top hat, well gently caress 'em. I'll still continue not being an rear end in a top hat but they can get bent with the rest of it.

gently caress em they all dumb as hell :boom:

Areola Grande

my dispensary training starts this coming monday. not rlly sure what to expect besides weed

I had to register with my state as a licensed agent. It cost me $75 :argh:

Areola Grande

teemolover42069 posted:

no matter how good my job is I will always be jealous of people who work at the weed store

:dbuddy: thanks I'll remember that

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

Dispense me a weed tia

there ya go

:420:

that'll be $50 U.S.

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

Do you offer lay-buy :sweatdrop:

we have a convenient lease option but it's not as popular

Areola Grande

hark posted:

I need this. do you do lease-to-own?

no u are allowed 2 take the nug home and sniff it but we're gonna need that back as untouched as possible :toughguy:

Areola Grande

Ominous Jazz posted:

sorry frenchy

:stare: :yikes:

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

Friend I got so angry just then I had to walk out and just sit downstairs, before I chucked a big wobbly

So I guess you could say...not great?

lol at chucked a big wobbly. pls let us guess what that means :pray:

Areola Grande

I start my training as a budtender on Monday and I'm kinda nervo for no particular reason

:ohdear:

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

Could you smoke 1 (one) weed in preparation?

having been raised as an honor student southern baptist christian this seems like a bad way 2 spend orientation day. sorry to disappoint

Areola Grande

I'm gonna be sober as a judge who smoked some crazy poo poo the night before and is still basically vibing :cloudnine:

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

You could never disappoint me, goon :sidvicious:

:cry: :pigsballs: I'm feeling better already :yaycloud:

Areola Grande

Buttchocks posted:

Do you keep the weed in old-fashioned candy jars lined up behind the counter? Do you sing "The Candyman Can" while scooping out bagfulls of it?

that's what I always dreamed of but the reality is a completely prepackaged one sadly

Areola Grande

standing up all day is hard

:negative:

Areola Grande

Buttchocks posted:

Do you have fatigue mats?

yes. that helps a bit

Areola Grande

Buttchocks posted:

I've heard that Merrills shoes are very good for being on your feet all day.

looking into this 🙏

Areola Grande

this budtender job a is surprisingly standard retail job. no nug sniffing, no open packages of any kind, and nobody working here seems high.

I'm doing all my boring orientation stuff today. mostly just watching training videos and taking knowledge quizzes

I guess what I'm saying is it's just another job so far

:smith:

Areola Grande

they did give me a bunch of hoodies/hats/tee shirts though :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

jobs will be jobs my dude. my friends and family are all so hyped I'm in a prop shop again, but I don't know how to tell them I would do a dance on his grave if my boss died while I was working here

what's a prop shop?