Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also bless the poor localization team's heart for trying their best with Jean in the fraught world of 2006.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Oh no, I mean Ben and Max. The 30-something guy trying to seduce a child using a puppet. Dude is super skeeze. Bat is, what, 22? That's still creepy, but like, standard age gap creepy rather than overt pedophile creepy.

I didn't take the Trilo bit seriously, Trilo has some of the best animations in the game.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
E: Trilo would be a lot cooler if half his screentime weren't devoted to trying to seduce a child while having the arm of a 30+ man up his rear end, is all I'm saying.

I don't know what you guys are going on about, Kudo is a great witness. He gives the single-most accurate and detailed testimony in the series; it's not his fault the case was rigged against him.

derra posted:

2-3 Fair enough. He was probably a kind man once, but the circumstances absolutely broke him. He couldn't forgive the child who herself couldn't process what she had done. I, too, think once he tries to kill her he becomes a cold hearted killer. All this, though, makes him a lot more interesting to me as a character and villian.

Yeah, I do agree, it's specifically the amount of sympathy everyone extends him, saying "he wasn't such a bad guy after all" that gets to me. His circumstances are far less tragic than a lot of culprits who get nowhere near as romantic a denouement.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Trilo is a character and this thread doesn't understand performance art. Max on the other hand is a creep

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FutureFriend posted:

also the man left a suicide note when he was just taking a sabbatical. King

This actually is a thing that intrigued me because the official translation is "Miles Edgeworth chooses death" which strikes me as odd. Can anyone who knows the Japanese version tell me if I'm correct in assuming it states literally "Miles Edgeworth is dead" that would be better translated "Miles Edgeworth is done"?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He was just being dramatic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Have you SEEN the man's office? How can Miles Edgeworth not be extra?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
specifically it was "Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death" which yeah we know what we meant but he was hella extra about it. I do also wonder if there was a more elegant/natural translation though

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the funniest poo poo in the investigations games is when miles referes to phoenix in the most gay dramatic way possible "THAT man...."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"If that man was here....what would he do...?"

*Phoenix is literally in a boat right behind him*

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I assume Edgeworth was just quoting a line from the Steel Samurai series.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ITT people revealing that they don't get Miles Edgeworth

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Tesseraction posted:

This actually is a thing that intrigued me because the official translation is "Miles Edgeworth chooses death" which strikes me as odd. Can anyone who knows the Japanese version tell me if I'm correct in assuming it states literally "Miles Edgeworth is dead" that would be better translated "Miles Edgeworth is done"?

I don't see what's so weird about that line. I thought it was pretty obvious that line was alluding to Edgeworth recommending the death penalty in all of his cases. Yeah it's a rather dramatic turn of phrase but Edgey's whole deal is being dramatic.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

E: Trilo would be a lot cooler if half his screentime weren't devoted to trying to seduce a child while having the arm of a 30+ man up his rear end, is all I'm saying.

Trilo is a doll so he has no rear end, checkmate. I just loved Trilo's animation, I didn't even pay attention the love triangle thing in that case. Also maybe its because they never mentioned Regina's age.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i would say miles edgeworth is the best protagonist but ryunosuke naruhodo is also extremely ftw

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The real best protagonist is (GAA2) Mikotoba, for getting Sholmes to cut the poo poo and get serious with the power of tap dancing

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the cast of the great ace attorney is so loving good. love 'em

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nick is still number 1 to me but there are some other greats.

Susato is number 1 assistant though.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Fangz posted:

I assume Edgeworth was just quoting a line from the Steel Samurai series.

Honestly, yeah, probably.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The best defense attorney is Ryutaro and it's not even close.

I mean there's plenty of greats, but only one best.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Calisto Yew has the only realistic reaction to hearing anything Miles Edgeworth says

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dongicus posted:

the cast of the great ace attorney is so loving good. love 'em

I honestly thought I would despise Iris, and yet...

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

In AA2, the final case, the kidnapper decides to help you out on the day of the trial. By attempting to murder the prosecutor, not sure how he thought this would lead you to win the case. This case already has a murder, a kidnapping, blackmail, hit attempt.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Presumably the case would be handed to a different prosecutor, and since Franziska von Karma is the greatest prosecutor currently in Japanifornia, her replacement would be easier to handle. Who else is even on staff, Winston Payne? Unless Manfred von Karma or Miles Edgeworth were to suddenly return from the dead, you'd be cruisin' to an easy win.

I'm pretty sure that a prosecutor's open cases aren't immediately closed with a guilty verdict, even if the prosecutor dies or is incapacitated under mysterious circumstances. For one thing, all the defendants in jail have pretty solid alibis!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
you just know franziska was secretly thrilled to catch a bullet in the shoulder like her dad did

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
She showed him, reappearing in court within hours, rather than disappearing for weeks like a punk.

Of course, he still won the 'immediately shoot someone else in 'retaliation'' category.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just remembered how good Edgeworth's theme is, listened to it on youtube then looked at comments. Forgot how YT comments have so many spoilers for these type of games.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 1, 2022

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
AAI and AAI 2 are such good games. I rank them up with the original trilogy and GAAC.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I hated them

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I thought they were pretty firmly middle of the pack, by AA standards.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
AAI1 is pretty okay but drops the ball very hard in the last case.

AAI2 just flatout rules :colbert:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

AAI1 would have been decent enough (not really great, but not terrible) if they had just known when to end the final case

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

dont really like aai1 much, but i like the final confrontation. miles edgeworth losing hours of his life to an old man pretending to be senile is very funny

aai2 is fantastic tho, top 3 game for sure

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
AAI1 is the only game in the series I didn't finish. Didn't even get to the last case, I was annoyed to no end in the case before, asked if I should continue and was informed at how it gets worse for the end.

AAI2 I will play some day when I have a huge itch for AA.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

AA's ost goes so loving hard for no reason. In general's Capcom's ost's are drat good but I somehow didn't realize until I played AA/SFV.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh yeah they had the best music going all the way back to the NES days. Like, take your pick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJRoRt155mA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKHVUupbqx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0evYaCV5QA

That last one was so good they put it in the show afterwards

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/minymash/status/1533590221824172032?s=21&t=yJ3dKxqJ1XKq30Rfo4VhpA

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1533964572847222787?s=20

They already announced and showed off SF6... maybe AA7??

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That tweet sounds like they're only going to be talking about games already announced and I don't think AA7 has even been announced yet has it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The only acknowledgement that it exists was in the ransomware leak, so no, it has not been officially announced. This'll probably be RE4, SF6, that dinosaur game, and the MonHun expansion.