Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
Oh man, this hits all the nostalgia buttons. All of them. Starcraft was basically the only decent game we owned back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

JohnKilltrane posted:

(I've considered typing out updates on my phone but quickly abandoned that idea)

:stonk: Good Lord, I can't believe you even considered that. Take however long you need to get things sorted out! We can wait, I'm sure.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

I really enjoy the multiplayer-specific strategy notes. I found Starcraft overwhelming even in single-player mode so I never played much multiplayer; it's neat to learn details about how expert players do things.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

JohnKilltrane posted:

Also 100 Killtrane Bucks to whoever comes up with the best explanation for why a swarm of insects prevents accurately targeting the units underneath while still allowing the units underneath - friend or foe - to accurately target anything outside.

Well obviously if you're in the cloud you can just swat the bugs out of the way for a second so you can get a clear shot.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

They start it by having the three common plurals in the same briefing.

Anyway, the correct plural is nexodes.

:goonsay: Nexus is 4th declension in Latin, so its "proper" plural would be... still nexus, but with a long U, so "neck-soos".

But we're not speaking Latin, we're speaking English. So really we should just say nexuses. It doesn't sound great, but it's better than "neck-soos", and more correct than nexodes or nexi.

JustJeff88 posted:

Are they also highly prone to xenophobia, binge drinking and football violence?

Yes, no, and maybe?