Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

this thread made me realize that d&d, the dsa, and glenn greenwald have more in common than they ever knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
I can’t help but think you get into another layer of hosed up because they way our lovely laws are there’s a chance that even if she did stab that girl to death it would have been fuckin legal. Unless a cop shows up then it becomes a death sentence. Like how can you defend a cop not only jumping to lethal force but against someone arguably applying self defense legally.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Jimong5 posted:

I can’t help but think you get into another layer of hosed up because they way our lovely laws are there’s a chance that even if she did stab that girl to death it would have been fuckin legal. Unless a cop shows up then it becomes a death sentence. Like how can you defend a cop not only jumping to lethal force but against someone arguably applying self defense legally.

If you do any crime or not crime in the presence of a cop the sentence is death

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Jimong5 posted:

self defense only counts if you use a gun, look at what chuds say about trayvon martin

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

quote:

Since this seems to be a major point of contention here, I will say for the record that I believe that a cop shooting a private citizen to death is a worse outcome than one private citizen stabbing another private citizen, especially when the person being shot is a teenager. Both outcomes are terrible, but I would prefer one where an agent of the state isn't given the right to decide who lives and who dies in a split second timeframe based purely on instinct.

Feel free to continue arguing that a cop shooting a black teenager to death is preferable, it's definitely a great look.

quote:

And feel free to stop posting like this in here. gently caress. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Cops shooting teenagers? It's bad folks

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

please stop posting reality in our debate threads our delicate sensibilities can't handle it

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

smarxist posted:

lol this is exactly like the "legitimate rape" thing from awhile back

the cop murdered that teenaged girl because i don't believe she was an imminent life/death threat to the person she was brandishing a knife at, and even if she was going to take a stab, i would expect any peace officer tasked with protecting and serving to dive between them and possibly take a steak knife to the shoulder in the service of not killing ANY citizens. if you think him seeing a potential knife stab at someone justifies him to pull his gun and shoot-to-kill the teenaged girl you're arguing for the status quo, and you shouldn't be concerned with the "optics" of being against the status quo ever lmfao, the status quo of america is demonic misery

if it's a legitimate lynching, the state has ways to shut that whole investigation down

Gringostar has issued a correction as of 22:13 on Apr 26, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this is now the only open thread about this specific cop murder, welcome d&d friends

unless you're defending the cop, in which case gently caress you

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Yinlock posted:

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

Yinlock posted:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yinlock posted:

this is now the only open thread about this specific cop murder, welcome d&d friends

unless you're defending the cop, in which case
gently caress you

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Yinlock posted:

bootlickers and biden supporters are not welcome in cspam

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cops may kill a lot of people, but they also sometimes save people, so who can say if they're bad or not

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Fister Roboto posted:

cops may kill a lot of people, but they also sometimes save people, so who can say if they're bad or not

Maybe by killing.... we can save lives

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Maybe by killing.... we can save lives

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Yinlock posted:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

r we da baddeez?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

jarofpiss posted:

if you're posting about how the cop should have judo thrown the child instead of shooting her you've missed the point that the tragedy is the failure of society every step of the way that led her to the place where she's swinging a knife at people. once you're in this situation there's no good answer to it. all police killings are murder because of the role they fulfill for capital in society. debating the lethality of knives is dumb as hell (they're lethal as gently caress) and probably not the base to be having the discussion about what to do about cops in america.

playing armchair tactician about how this was an "unjustified" shooting is missing the forest for the trees.

shut the gently caress up

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

da share zone company truck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/08/us/columbus-makhia-bryant-foster-care.html

more information about what happened that day, notably that, according to Ma’Khia’s younger sister (who made the 911 call), one of the older women pulled a knife on them first.