Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Many, many actresses wanted the part of Catwoman in 1992's Batman Returns. But perhaps none went to greater lengths for it than Sean Young. Tim Burton eventually cast Michelle Pfeiffer, did he make a BIG mistake? You make the call! https://youtu.be/ZGNtGke9c8Y

Some background: https://youtu.be/fuQCU1QR2Rs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
what

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't remember this and don't want to. Thank you.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Who TF is sean young

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Who What Now posted:

Who TF is sean young

Me, you fool!!! It's me!!!!

I do look good in vinyl though.....

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Instead of this remember when Batman was about to drunkenly kill Alfred but his pants were unzipped and wet and his little bat-wiener was floppin out and he started crying that Alfred 'wasn't his real dad' and went to hug him, but missed and knocked over a whole suit of armor in Wayne Manor and Alfred had to help him back to bed and tuck him in and debate whether to talk to him about his drinking the next day?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Who TF is sean young

Actress, was in Blade Runner. I think the reason she stopped getting roles is because of her crazy behaviour. Rumour has it that when she dated Richard Geere she superglued one of his testicles to his thigh.

E: Whoops! It wasn't Richard Geere it was James Woods and James started the rumour and it has no basis in fact.

Valko fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 23, 2021

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

Instead of this remember when Batman was about to drunkenly kill Alfred but his pants were unzipped and wet and his little bat-wiener was floppin out and he started crying that Alfred 'wasn't his real dad' and went to hug him, but missed and knocked over a whole suit of armor in Wayne Manor and Alfred had to help him back to bed and tuck him in and debate whether to talk to him about his drinking the next day?

Link or gtfo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
was that before or after shoving a gerbil up his rear end?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFHY0NBsoNU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Who What Now posted:

Who TF is sean young

Well she would've been Catwoman or Vicki Vale if that IDIOT Tim Burton would've returned her phone calls, the nerve!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They really hated mentally ill people back then I mean I guess they still do but lol I feel extremely bad for people like Sean Young and Shelley Duvall

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Like you still see people responding to Kubrick relentlessly terrorizing the poor woman with "Mmm yes but it got the performance they needed"

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Catwoman with a cape just doesn't work for me. Pfeiffer for the win.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They should have had Marlon Brando play her imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Like you still see people responding to Kubrick relentlessly terrorizing the poor woman with "Mmm yes but it got the performance they needed"

i love shelley duvall and was unaware of all this poo poo until now. loving sucks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Valko posted:

Actress, was in Blade Runner. I think the reason she stopped getting roles is because of her crazy behaviour. Rumour has it that when she dated Richard Geere she superglued one of his testicles to his thigh.

E: Whoops! It wasn't Richard Geere it was James Woods and James started the rumour and it has no basis in fact.

He also claimed that she harassed him & his family, and after she denied it, the case was settled out of court & her court costs were covered. I hate James Woods so much.

edit:

Aardvark! posted:

i love shelley duvall and was unaware of all this poo poo until now. loving sucks.

Didn't Kubrick make her do the same scene like 400 times or some insane poo poo like that?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
She was awesome in Dune and she would not allow you to hurt her tribe!!!!! :colbert:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

I love her

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

According to Wikipedia.org she's 61. More like Sean Old!!!

Nooner posted:

was that before or after shoving a gerbil up his rear end?

Yes

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I do remember a joke on either Tiny Toons or Animaniacs referencing this.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Cacator posted:

According to Wikipedia.org she's 61. More like Sean Old!!

Sean YoungAtHeart

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

Didn't Kubrick make her do the same scene like 400 times or some insane poo poo like that?

To be fair, he did that same poo poo to Jack on that movie. And by fair I mean "let us recognize he was awful to all actors, not just actresses."

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

And they have the nerve to say Roger Ebert is dead. ★★★½

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Vince MechMahon posted:

To be fair, he did that same poo poo to Jack on that movie. And by fair I mean "let us recognize he was awful to all actors, not just actresses."

The same movie he made Scatman Crothers break down crying on set after having to do the same scene at least eighty times in a row.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I'm reading Future Noir about the making of Blade Runner and in it Young talks about what huge assholes Harrison Ford and Ridley Scott are. She's probably right, honestly, but she could stand to think of more convincing anecdotes than the following:

When I asked Harrison for a signed picture at the end of the show, he signed it, "No regrets, Harrison Ford." Not even bothering to write my name on the photo to make it personal. I threw it out when I got home. My bubble was burst, because I thought I was going to meet Han Solo. That bruised me very deeply on a day to day basis.

About her nearly refusing to take part in the Blade Runner DVD features: I guess what I felt was that it was sort of unfair of Ridley to make a great movie star out of me and then never put me in another movie. It made me look bad.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

that time she was filmed stealing stuff

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6048873/CCTV-footage-shows-Sean-Young-son-loading-wrapped-items-SUV.html

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Oh COME ON
Everyone pilfers office supplies, pish

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

She's just trying to show the world how she could play a cat burglar

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Joan Rivers for Catwoman.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Anyone who superglues James Woods’ balls to another object is OK in my book.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that video is fuxxxxin hot

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

When I asked Harrison for a signed picture at the end of the show, he signed it, "No regrets, Harrison Ford." Not even bothering to write my name on the photo to make it personal. I threw it out when I got home. My bubble was burst, because I thought I was going to meet Han Solo. That bruised me very deeply on a day to day basis.

About her nearly refusing to take part in the Blade Runner DVD features: I guess what I felt was that it was sort of unfair of Ridley to make a great movie star out of me and then never put me in another movie. It made me look bad.

lol

both of these make her seem entirely normal and reasonable.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Who What Now posted:

Who TF is sean young

I think she was the fremen hottie in dune, the one dune jesus knocks up

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I'm reading Future Noir about the making of Blade Runner and in it Young talks about what huge assholes Harrison Ford and Ridley Scott are.

P much everything I have heard about Harrison Ford is that he is a massive dick and absolutely hates acting which makes him even moreof a dick to everyone he works with. Makes me wonder why he is still doing it, dude must have made a billion dollars between the original star wars and Indy trilogies. IDK, I guess crashing WWII planes is an expensive hobby?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Knormal posted:

Catwoman, not Catty Old Woman.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Knormal posted:

kntfkr posted:

that video is fuxxxxin hot

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

P much everything I have heard about Harrison Ford is that he is a massive dick and absolutely hates acting which makes him even moreof a dick to everyone he works with. Makes me wonder why he is still doing it, dude must have made a billion dollars between the original star wars and Indy trilogies. IDK, I guess crashing WWII planes is an expensive hobby?

Crashing WWII airplanes is an INCREDIBLY expensive hobby.

My Sean Young story: one time she was traveling from LA to NYC on the seedy national airline I worked for back in the early oughts. At the connection in Kansas City she leaves the gate to get some lovely airport terminal food and when she's going back through security they find her enormous weed stash. "I have a medical weed card from California" is not response that is going to gain a lot of sympathy with mouth-breathing central-plains private-security-screeners, but after involving a security supervisor and a senior management rep from the airline the decision was made to let her back on with her bale of weed and pretend like nothing ever happened.

That is my Sean Young story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

being famous seems like hell honestly