Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Doc Fission posted:

Oh yeah, now it sounds familiar. I wonder if it's a mandatory school immunization here in the States. And if that vaccine can also give me 5G connectivity.

You should have gotten 4-5 doses of DTaP (diptheria, tetanus, pertussis) vaccine as a baby. Then either Tdap or Td boosters every 10 years.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm not ashamed to say that I knew none of those and wont remember them either. Why does the English language need a word for a naturally grown club? Also I have no idea how that would be pronounced. Is that Gaelic?
It's very Irish & named after an Irish town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

artism posted:

diphtheria (at one time and possibly still a common affliction among alcoholics)
Did this change meaning at some point? The modern one is a bacterial disease common before vaccination.

Sri.Theo posted:

Isn’t this some sort of decoration? I think it looks like the top bits of a castle.
It's the wiggly bits at the top of a castle wall that you hide behind then lean out for shooting. Typically much too short in fantasy fictional castles. Real functional ones are big enough to hide without ducking

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

military fortification thing?

I want to say something about coins

e: It is not something about coins. It is a word that I knew at one point though

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Number of Words From Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian That Doc Fission Did Not Know: 38
Number of Words From Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian That Doc Fission Did Know: 10203

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Is that cross referenced for duplicates?
ebook to text -> split by whitespace -> remove punctuation -> lowercase -> count unique words