Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best mortal kombat character
sonya
bruce lee lite
the dude with the hat
the other dude with the hat that you dressed up for halloween as in 1993
reptile
reptile but with tits
sub 0
scorpion
baracka
guile
mileena
shang tsung
ciao khan
your mom
the blue chick with the fans - kaitlin probably
Johnny Cage/Goku
View Results

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

image how terrible the original mortal kombat movie would have been with a generic orchestral soundtrack

yah, it would be mortal kombat 2021

this movie couldnt decide if it wanted to ham it up or be serious.

it should have gone full ham. they should have got sharlto copley to play Kano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

1995 Goro was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson. 2021 Goro was not. Clearly a step down.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

95 Goro also got to kill some fools instead of getting chumped out in a parking lot in his only fight

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

1redflag posted:

This could have been Daft Punk’s swan song :(

Cyrax and Sektor chrome skins

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

95 Goro also got to kill some fools instead of getting chumped out in a parking lot in his only fight

by some motherfucker we dont even know

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Never forget.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

this is where you fall down

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

we better get the uber violent johnny cage sequel that was set up.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

lmao i thought you guys were joking about cole's arcana being a gold shirt

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Ginette Reno posted:

actually it went full ham and it's awesome

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Looking forward to the sequel/prequel where Johnny Five Cages and friends travel back in time to save various characters from death so they can all be present at the final Mortal Kombat.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

If the other gods aside from Raiden don't care about the rules, Tsung should just go ahead and invade Earth

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lmao i thought you guys were joking about cole's arcana being a gold shirt

What was weird about it was the shirt was shown to be absorbing hits and seemingly storing that energy until Cole hits back and I was like aight, he'll need to get the absolute poo poo beaten out of him before he can murder someone. But nah, he gets the batons and then the absorbing hits thing just takes a back seat. Weird.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

All someone has to do is punch him in the face

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ginette Reno posted:

Even people who didn’t like the movie all seem to agree Kano was perfect, why would you change that?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“Dad, use your uppercut!”

So happy we got that call back

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I never kept up with the games. When did Sonya start shooting lasers out of her arms?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

its all nice on rice posted:

I never kept up with the games. When did Sonya start shooting lasers out of her arms?

The first game. Though in the games she’s got little launcher things.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Really? I'm must've not noticed. I was more of a sub zero kid anyway.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Even people who didn’t like the movie all seem to agree Kano was perfect, why would you change that?

tbh i really liked the casting in this movie, except for the OC *DO NOT STEAL* main character who had no personality other than "main character".

Kung Lao and Liu Kang being super serious and giving Kano poo poo was great. Raiden was the perfect dick, who you kinda like. The villains were great, esp Shang Tsung.

I guess Sonya and Jax left a little to be desired.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

BLOCK (HOLD) + UP, UP

Professor Spatula
Apr 16, 2007
laughing rn thinking about tiny-arm Jax

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

neato burrito posted:

BLOCK (HOLD) + UP, UP

That was a common thought in the theater alright.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Is there a scene where somebody tries to finish someone off with a fatality but they just stand there punching and kicking the air until the guy falls over

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Ugly In The Morning posted:

And to a South African of all people :laffo:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Mortal Kombat taught me to say RAY-den, but Metal Gear taught me to say RIDE-in.

Now both sound wrong to my ears.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

sure okay posted:

Mortal Kombat taught me to say RAY-den, but Metal Gear taught me to say RIDE-in.

Now both sound wrong to my ears.

It's pronounced REA-dan hth

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

It's spelled Raiden but pronounced "Rhea Perlman"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Everyone talking about the great leg sweep gag but not the "I'VE COME FOR YOUR SOULS" callback?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
watched this last night and definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen

I do agree that Kano was pretty good. Kind of the only character who actually had... character. Kung Lao was okay too. The rest were garbage.

The whole movie gave off a strong "sci fi channel original" vibe to me. Just... low quality in almost every way.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Hazo posted:

"I'VE COME FOR YOUR SOULS"

*Sitcom applauce*

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Play posted:

watched this last night and definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen

I do agree that Kano was pretty good. Kind of the only character who actually had... character. Kung Lao was okay too. The rest were garbage.

The whole movie gave off a strong "sci fi channel original" vibe to me. Just... low quality in almost every way.

An R rating may have been a hard sell, I’m sure the studio was reluctant but then sliced the budget as a result. Either way the movie was fine IMO and did exactly what it set out to do.

I loved the reveal of reptile is its a god damned lizard and never at any point takes a human form. Just a big gently caress off lizard lmao

I also loved it was cast with unknowns (to me) except for the main bad dude. People are calling for Ryan Reynolds to star in the next one, but it felt like they prioritized actors who were martial artists and that’s really cool.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yeah ok so when is the capcom vs snk live action movie with 50 main characters and liam neeson as akuma coming out

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
was noob saibot in this one

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

thathonkey posted:

There's an Easter Egg reference of similar construction.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

Kind of?

The sub zero in it is Bi-Han and when he dies he gets taken by black shadowy smoke

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

https://youtu.be/MBbOyLZ62KY

It’s incredible the amount of work they put into all these

Just going to hide in this pile of leaves on the floor of the cyborg factory

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI-Takf76RY

Juno Reactor produced this for Traci Lords.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

It was good for what it was, it's not like this was ever gonna be Best Picture. Fight scenes were pretty well done which is all I could ask for. And yeah, the sweep scene- pretty funny. Plus it made me remember that I bought MK11 and barely played it so I finished up the story yesterday; I think it's pretty good too but the controls felt wonky and unresponsive to me, I'm more of a Capcom person I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I just looked at MK11 on Steam and it has the Joker and the Terminator in it? Why would anyone do that?

Why would you create a game world where you can make literally anything because of planar travel and different worlds and poo poo and then cram it full of pop culture?

It's because AT&T owns Warner Brothers who owns DC comics and Neatherrealm. So they are trying to sell their other properties they have been doing it since at least MK9. That's why I don't buy the character packs I don't need terminator or robocop, or alien or whatever.

Edit: Even in injustice 1 the crammed scorpion into it and in injustice ii they crammed subzero into it.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 28, 2021