Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

did you know that if you evolve a twiglet it becomes a twigtrio?

pokesnax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

I was at a very small dairy/cheesemaking place in another country and was tasting their cheeses (which were good!). the serving lady was like "these are just out of the fridge, I'm sorry, it's been slow today" and I was like "I don't gaf lady gimme dat curd." a group entered behind me including a lady probably in her sixties. she was offered the tasting with the same disclaimers and she wrinkled up her nose and said, witheringly, "I don't like cold cheese."

that lady was a certified cheese snob.

Well . . . umm.

Cheese really doesn't taste as good below room temperature. To release the aromatics that give cheese its flavor, you need to have it at or slightly above room temperature.

Cold cheese is . . . not great. That's not snobbery, it's science.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

How Wonderful! posted:

One time I had a pizza with american cheese only on top and I would turn down a slice of that

Part of me just died.

Finger Prince

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Well . . . umm.

Cheese really doesn't taste as good below room temperature. To release the aromatics that give cheese its flavor, you need to have it at or slightly above room temperature.

Let's see what your "science" tells you about nacho cheese doritos straight from the fridge.

Robot Made of Meat

Finger Prince posted:

Let's see what your "science" tells you about nacho cheese doritos straight from the fridge.

I'm not feeling well any more.

Manifisto

Well . . . umm.

the snobbery was in her inflection

sure it would have been totally reasonable for her to say "no thanks" or "I prefer it warmer, perhaps another time"

setting aside the fact that cheese cut into small bits or slices takes very little time to come up to temp, it's literally waiting a few minutes

and the fact that cheese on the cool side is loving delicious, I actually usually prefer it to room temp because of consistency

this woman was clearly implying "you worm, how dare you offer me cheese that was put temporarily into the fridge on a hot day to retard its spoilage, what kind of uncultured swine do you think I am, also my time is so precious that I am unwilling to wait a couple minutes for a slice to come up to temperature"

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

the snobbery was in her inflection

sure it would have been totally reasonable for her to say "no thanks" or "I prefer it warmer, perhaps another time"

setting aside the fact that cheese cut into small bits or slices takes very little time to come up to temp, it's literally waiting a few minutes

and the fact that cheese on the cool side is loving delicious, I actually usually prefer it to room temp because of consistency

this woman was clearly implying "you worm, how dare you offer me cheese that was put temporarily into the fridge on a hot day to retard its spoilage, what kind of uncultured swine do you think I am, also my time is so precious that I am unwilling to wait a couple minutes for a slice to come up to temperature"

Yes, an actual cheese snob will want the cheese to "acclimate to the room", so even having the cheese warm up a bit isn't good enough.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Escape From Noise

Khad posted:

seriously who loving farted

Better out than in, as I always say! Constantly.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
it's called a smellier. like a sommelier but for cheese. because cheese smells, you see

google THIS

Prof. Crocodile posted:

did you say 'cheese knobs' op? i mean... i guess there might be such a thing, but i haven't ever seen one.

I think that means a bad case of smegma

google THIS fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 27, 2021

Doomtalker
Yo I am down for cheese but if you put that provo poo poo on your pizza we gotta get you some help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Part of me just died.

We'd just moved and ordered from the first pizza place we found the number for and it was so so so bad. Fortunately we found good pizza in the area pretty fast but it was a bad way to relax after moving furniture all day.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!