Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

is the guy a cat?

That would mean I would want to take him to the vet and get his microchip checked and then keep him when it wasn't registered. But I don't want him. I might put out food for him but I am not letting him into my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

MrQueasy posted:

Can someone explain what soyface is without making me look at a picture of it? I'm pretty sure I won't like it.

Its just a sort of mouth wide open expression. Its used a lot in YouTube thumbnails. Generally looks like an expression of faked shock or surprise.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Old people react to death.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Well op imagine you really want to be famous and make a lot of money as a "youtuber" but have no creative talent or ability. So what can you do? Well you can film yourself "reacting" to someone else's creations and hoping enough people can relate to your total lack of personality to fund a patreon. You can increase your chances of success by weaving politics into your reactions to rile people up and get them goodly mad at ridiculous things. Another great trick is to have tits. Or just copy some other popular reaction person's entire schtick since you know what works, or hell, film yourself reacting to other reaction videos, or maybe even have one channel that's just you reacting to your own latest reaction video like it's one big matryoshka doll!

And that, op, is what's up reaction videos, let's plays, and basically 99% of youtube.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wtf is up with my penis you ask? Well in the bible it said that King saul needed 500 philistine foreskins

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I cry when I react to your weenis.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Dixville posted:

Seriously what is going on with youtube reaction videos? I found one girl that cries about every song, that was somewhat entertaining and some people do music theory type analysis which is kinda cool, but most reaction videos seem like just somebody nodding along to the music and it's basically just the whole video played straight so it's like basically copyright infringement. Have you found any good reaction videos? Maybe I'm missing something? I get recommendations for them all the time.

Yeah no, I like the ones that are (e.g.) professionals in some kind of music-related thing and actually talk about those aspects of what they're listening to. The rest are basically this decade's vast cultural wasteland, extended edition.

(At least they're not as soul-draining as those infinite numbers of animated horrors set to children's songs. What the gently caress, Youtube.)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

This is basically my thoughts except i think i am possibly on less stimulants

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Novo posted:

my entire youtube history is people reacting to that one time tool played sober live

That was a good video

Edit this is the guy i was thinking of when i talked about people talking about the theory behind the music. He's kinda adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uePIntiofo

Dixville fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 26, 2021

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
The one that gets me is "a history teacher reacts" where he shows the full video people spend months animating and researching and just pauses every minute or so to go "yeah that's pretty accurate." Over a quarter million subscribers. The absolutely laziest of content.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Are they anything like the stupid rear end box opening videos where you just watch a guy open up a box with a rice cooker in it and then he says how much he likes the box the rice cooker is in after he took it out of the delivery box?

Tech unboxing videos is pretty much that. You can get two videos out of a first impressions video that way!

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Groke posted:

Yeah no, I like the ones that are (e.g.) professionals in some kind of music-related thing and actually talk about those aspects of what they're listening to. The rest are basically this decade's vast cultural wasteland, extended edition.

(At least they're not as soul-draining as those infinite numbers of animated horrors set to children's songs. What the gently caress, Youtube.)

Rick Beato supremacy

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Cross post from rad suburban dad thread. This is my son and he is awesome. Most reaction videos are stupid and have stupid people doing stupid reactions (watching a screen and talking.) Please don't shame our small tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3XpcxjSwew

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

https://soyface.illinois.edu

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Me reacting to OP's rear end in a top hat: "HOLY poo poo!!!!"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Anyone done a goatse reaction vid yet?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wendigee posted:

the 90's or oughts

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The best reaction video was Dan Ryckert "reacted" to the metal gear survive trailer by just quietly watching it like a normal person.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This one. It's the only good one.

https://youtu.be/UzWsuEPvzMo

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

Its just a sort of mouth wide open expression. Its used a lot in YouTube thumbnails. Generally looks like an expression of faked shock or surprise.

Soy face is also known as cuck face.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I make reaction videos watching unboxing videos and make two hundred thousand dollars a week because that's the world we live in now

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I just remembered this also exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpKxYnjAQVM

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Chernobyl melts down (REACTION VIDEO!!!!)

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

My Dog Reacts to Five Mailmen Reenacting a Dream I Had

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

A Baby Reacts to Me Clapping Once Right in Front of its Face

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Posting in the reaction thread where we react to reaction videos

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
SA posters REACT to latest ban (100k sub surprise inside!!)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Anyone remember "reply girls"? Reaction videos are the current version of that.

Except with a stupid face instead of a low-cut shirt and cleavage.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I'm a man of culture, so I watch every video of people reacting to Devin Townsend's music.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

"Soyface" is just echoes of when they were like, calling men effeminate for holding their hand over their mouth in astonishment or surprise

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I React to My Shotgun Shack and My Beautiful Wife

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
The only reaction videos I enjoy watching are folks seeing Maximum the Hormone or Frog Leap Studios/Leo Moracchioli for the first time.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I react to my rear end in a top hat farting and making GBS threads

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Wendigee posted:

To be fair if they do this, and have ads, they are not worth watching. You can find better content.

get an uBlock Origin installed in your chrome browser or get a Youtube Vanced side loaded into your phone.

if they say like and subscribe block their channel.

While I agree with you, get the sponsorblock addon too, it can even skip the like and subscribe plugs. There's also sponsorblock support in the vanced settings it's pretty sick.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I React to My Dog Biting Me and Refusing to Let Go Of My Calf As I Do a Job Interview Over Zoom

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Firefighters React to A Pit Crew Hosing Off The poo poo-Caked Pants and Anus of A Man That Just Called me Soyboy and Said I Have a Soyface

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My cock Barfed reacting to getting sucked the Freak off

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Remember when those dudes who did blackface and thought child molestation was just so hilarious then went to try and claim they had the rights to all reaction videos?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

BigBadSteve posted:

Soy face is also known as cuck face.

MODS, I explicitly asked NOT to be shown what a soyface was. This is awful.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

MODS, I explicitly asked NOT to be shown what a soyface was. This is awful.

Be thankful I didn't post a larger version.

Did you make a soy face when you saw it?

Edit: I just noticed your nick, OK sorry, I don't want to make you throw up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

They suck, op